“Spend the extra $10 and go across the street”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #208 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Spend the extra $10 and go across the street”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went here because I needed a place for at least a week and I had low expectations on such short notice. The ESA couldn't even meet those low expectations. The hallway constantly had a bad smell, be it garbage or marijuana, and getting fresh linens was like pulling teeth. I called to make sure they had fresh sheets and was told they didn't have towels. That's not what I asked. I really wish I would have sprung for the extra $10 and go to the Hotel Derek.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Central Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Location is perfect, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about this place! The manager did not accommodate my needs for payment options--would not accept a school district issued check. Then, they did not have my reservation correct, and had to give me an additional room in order to have enough beds for my party--another inconvenience! Finally get up to the room, and the shower is not working--call down to the office to help and I am told that it will not be until the morning when a maintenance man would be able to come check it! Ridiculous! Also overheard another guest complaining that they were without water for the majority of the day--and made the comment "welcome to hell". If you have to stay in this area, this option is OK, but if you want a nice place to stay pick somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the shower head is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for not accepting your Check since it is company policy that we can not accept any type of check payment. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the room you had desired. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.
If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at hgl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good accomodation with friendly stuff and nice rooms incl. kitchen. For the price you have a good location. Close to everywhere. Unfortunately there is no restaurant, the gym is in another hotel abt. 300 mtrs away. WIFI is working good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Daniel - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff provided you with such friendly service. As well, I am glad to read that you were liked having free WiFi and our hotel's location.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in this property with my wife for about 30 days and was impressed with the
Location, the cleanliness of the environment, the friendliness of the front desk staff and
other service staff of the hotel. In addition, the free WiFi service was very effective and the
speed very comparatively fast.
I like home cooked food a lot and the kitchen in room 420 where we stayed made our
visit very memorable and enjoyable as we ate what we wanted all the time. It was
a memorable visit and will use the facility again and again on subsequent visits.

Room Tip: The rooms have either Queen's or King's bed. For a couple, a room with a King's will b...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service provided by our front desk staff and the free WiFi. Also, I am thrilled that the convenience of the location met the needs of your holiday stay.

Thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 August 2013

definetely recommend this place..good area and all the staff is great and are helpful in everything needed... not to mention that Lily goes above and beyond her front desk duties, and Hotel manager Tracy makes sure that everything is okay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was not a great stay, better than a roach motel (No bugs seen here), but that's about it. I smoke, but the horrible stench was worse than any smoking motel I have ever stayed!!!!!!

The ft. desk guy gave me the "If you have reserved 2 nights and only stay one, you WILL pay for the second day anyway, that's the hotel policy" and added "If you change your mind you wont get a room here" RUDE !!! Policies are Policies, but the presentation was HoRrIbLe.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel !!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not great and that the hotel had a horrible stench. It upsets me even more to know that the service you were provided by the front desk was horrible as well. I am sorry for your experience.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have retained both the front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at hgl@extendedstay.com

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was very impressed with the staff-- very pleasant and helpful, even when I had to ask for the same favor over again after changing my mind. Room was very clean and comfortable. Blankets had a few cigarette burns in them, but the room did not smell of smoke at all. Grab and go breakfast was convenient and surprisingly hearty.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the blanket in your room had cigarette burns. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room. I'm also pleased to hear that you found the grab-and-go breakfast to be convenient and hearty. As well, I am thrilled that you were impressed with the staff.