Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #208 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The hotel is clean and recently upgraded. The facilities are nice but the main reason to stay here is the friendly and helpful staff. I stayed here when relocating to the area. The staff was very helpful to me. The location is good. Close to galleria mall. Lots of restaurants to walk to. They are upgrading the facilities but soon that should be complete and the rooms will be upgraded. I have stayed in several rooms and the front desk always accommodated any move I requested. They were always helpful if I had any request or issue.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that our location was convenient for you by being close to the Galleria Mall and walking distance to restaurants. We appreciate the awesome comments about our staff friendliness, cleanliness of hotel, and we are glad you chose to stay with us during your relocation to Houston.

We appreciate you for choosing us for your lodging needs and look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Usa
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great location, but that's it. The place is a dump. They're renovating, but its just window dressing. I haven't had a hot shower in 3 weeks. Room temp at best. Called the front desk 6 times and nothing was ever done. Manager never called back once. Construction went on in the room next to mine until after 8 quite a few nights. No amenities at all. No night staff. I'm recommending all of our corporate folks coming in to spend the extra $20-$30 and go elsewhere nearby or somewhere off the 610. I won't be back nor will ESH ever get another dime of my money. Location doesn't make it worth the money. SOME of the staff was friendly. Others treated you like you weren't even there. Manager clearly doesn't take pride in the place or their job. Sad. Travelers deserve better.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
William - Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location; however, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you we are taking your comments very seriously and working to enhance our offerings. Also, I will be coaching our staff on how to provide better service moving forward so our guests feel more at home when visiting our hotel.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope you will return so we can show you our enhanced service.

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

Reviewed 14 December 2013

As usual I requested a NON SMOKING room but this time they gave me a SMOKING room. My health conditions don't recommend to staying in SMOKING ENVIRONMENTS.
María, the lady at he frontdesk, told me take it or leave it.
I had a health crisis and she did not to talk to 911. I decided to take the room and I called by myself to the Hospital.
Bad, really very bad the customer service since this facility was taken by the new manager.
I use this hotel since 2005 and never ever had this kind of bad customer service experience

Room Tip: Always arrive early, and check the room before you decide to take it. I lived a lot of surprises a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Very conveniently located on Westheimer by the loop. Not too close to the loop, fortunately. Fridge and A/C were both very noisy, and had to be killed to get any sleep. Staff friendly and helpful, up to a point.

Will not see me again, unless the 50 or so better places nearby are all full. That is not particularly unlikely, of course.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having stayed here for three weeks and in three different rooms during my immigration process, I feel that I should relay the experience.

First of all, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the location is pretty good - on Westheimer and close to the 610 and all the delights of the galleria. There's a grab and go breakfast which basically means coffee and a muffin or some fruit, which to me is fine.

The rooms however, (and I wasn't expecting much) were a disappointment, very worn and sorry looking, there was a large TV with cable, some channels worked, some looked like they were half tuned, there was working but very noisy air con and the carpets looked like they were a hundred years old. Wifi was free, but very slow, unless you pay for an upgrade.

The bathrooms were all very ugly, chips in the bath and sinks and no new towels, even though I asked - which astonished me - or toiletries, in fact, the water ran out twice while I was there and the toilet stopped working three times!

There is a kitchenette which I never used although I did fill my fridge with drinks from the nearby CVS shop.

Towards the end of my second week I had to switch rooms (not the fault of the hotel) and I was put in a room which had just had it's carpets 'cleaned' and the floor was wet and stank so I asked to move, which they obliged but to a room where the fascia had fallen off the power outlets, I don't think it was dangerous but I mentioned it to reception and nothing was done in the following week!

Overall it was a good base for me as I was on my own, but I wouldn't stay there with a loved one.

Would I stay there again? probably not now I know the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went here because I needed a place for at least a week and I had low expectations on such short notice. The ESA couldn't even meet those low expectations. The hallway constantly had a bad smell, be it garbage or marijuana, and getting fresh linens was like pulling teeth. I called to make sure they had fresh sheets and was told they didn't have towels. That's not what I asked. I really wish I would have sprung for the extra $10 and go to the Hotel Derek.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Central Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Location is perfect, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about this place! The manager did not accommodate my needs for payment options--would not accept a school district issued check. Then, they did not have my reservation correct, and had to give me an additional room in order to have enough beds for my party--another inconvenience! Finally get up to the room, and the shower is not working--call down to the office to help and I am told that it will not be until the morning when a maintenance man would be able to come check it! Ridiculous! Also overheard another guest complaining that they were without water for the majority of the day--and made the comment "welcome to hell". If you have to stay in this area, this option is OK, but if you want a nice place to stay pick somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the shower head is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for not accepting your Check since it is company policy that we can not accept any type of check payment. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the room you had desired. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.
If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at hgl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.