“Could have been better” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 501 Hotels in Houston
stratford upon avon
“Could have been better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Drury at 04:00 in the morning due to missing a connecting flight from Washington.
When we arrived we had to change rooms on two occasions due to people who had been smoking, the third room which we stopped in ha a packet of condoms in the drawer. Anne who was the night receptionist was very accommodating without creating a fuss.
When I spoke to the general manager Jose, he was very supportive stating that it was totally unacceptable, he compensated me for our trouble and inconvenience. However the following night my wife complained to the assistant manager about a lady who was sitting with her feet and shoes on the chair, apparently the manager walked passed and said nothing which upset my wife. When my wife questioned him about it appeared as if he did not think it was important and treated my wife as a trouble maker not as a guest of the hotel, the following day I saw another woman with her feet and shoes on the chairs, so perhaps it is acceptable in America.
I believe that if Jose had been on duty he would have politely asked the lady to take her feet off the furniture, after all who knows what she has been standing in and then other people may then sit on the same chair.
We stop in Drury Hotels when we are in the states and are stopping at 2 more during our visit.
If we return to Houston we will probably stop at another Drury, sorry Jose.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your recently posted review on TripAdvisor. We value your business and hope that you do return to our hotel when you are back in Houston. As we discussed during your stay, I have shared your feedback with our team and reviewed the areas that were in question. I appreciate your comments and look forward to the opportunity of serving your lodging needs again.

Thank you!
Jose Miranda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mequon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

This was a great find for me. The price was under $100 per night and I could run to memorial park trails. Breakfast is Classic Buffett fare. I will stay here again the next time I am in Houston.

Clean rooms. Fitness center is okay with 2 treadmills elliptical and 1 recumbent bike. Some free weights.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hotel is located close to the west loop south, near the hwy 610 entrance and not far from Galleria (about 1 mile). Hotel is well-finisced, even if it's not excellent. There is complimentary breakfast, the food quality is good and there is enough to eat (try the chocolate muffin and waffel).In the afternoon there is free buffet with drink.
Rooms are large, clean and well-finished, double bed is large enough for two people. The sink is outside the bathroom which has a tube equipped with shower.
Parking lot is large, there is always room for parking your car. Personnel is always available and kind.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed the weekend of Jan. 31st - 2nd, 2014 while competing in a Nat'l. Cheer competition. Being 1 of at least 50+ families there, we were expecting some deficiencies in the services provided....IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN FURTHER from the truth. The staff (Dominic) was on point. Extremely accommodating and patient. Breakfast and Evening meals were plentiful and served with a smile. It's accommodations like these that make us return to Drury! Once again a BIG thank you to everyone and we will be choosing Drury for all our other Cheer visits!

Room Tip: The 5th floor used to be smoking rooms. Expect some of the smell to have lingered.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank firemedic242
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

At first, this hotel was a little hard to find. It's on the service road for I-610 North, hidden behind a La Quinta. Check-in was a breeze, the staff noticed I was a Drury club member and found me an even better rate than the one I had booked which they applied immediately! The rest of the stay was great as well. There are no real "views" from this hotel, but it is centrally located and the amenities are nice. The kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. The hot tub was a little annoying because the circuitry had to be reset often by hotel personnel - they were pretty good about coming right down when we called them though. The breakfast and kick-back was a nice addition to an already enjoyable stay, and the lobby was comfortable for hanging out with friends in the evening.

The staff is very customer service oriented. Seems like a small crew takes care of the hotel and have multiple jobs. Whatever they are doing, it's working. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area!

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pixieprincess925
Tunica Resorts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I enjoyed my birthday in a comfortable, clean and relaxing atmosphere which included breakfast and dinner. Enjoyed evening snacks drinking soda and popcorn. Central location near the Galleria and easy access to various shopping centers.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank sheiladg
Chatom, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was our second time to stay at this motel. It is a great location and the kids love the heated indoor pool. Regardless to the amenities of the hotel...The manager is fantastic! !! I have never seen better hospitality. He works nonstop and makes sure the needs of everyone is met. He goes above and beyond all the time!! Drury Inn he deserves a raise and he is a keeper!! My family visits Houston frequently due to family illness being treated at M.D Anderson and we will stay here every time we come in from Alabama!! Thanks Jose for a job well done.

• Stayed December 2013