“You come here for consistency.. and maybe save a buck or two!”

Courtyard Houston Westchase
Ranked #210 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Boston
“You come here for consistency.. and maybe save a buck or two!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This place is located near all the major highways.. can get to anywhere.. Nice loop around to the airport without getting caught in traffic. Its a bit further away from the city.. but easy to get in/ out from the hot spots and you'll save some bucks.

Its clean, has what you'd expect from a courtyard. The configuration is a little strange with the gated parking lot. You can one of only ~20 spots out front.. but once their full you have to trek behind the fence. Overall a good spot.. near a supermarket if you need anything. Certainly less than the marriotts near the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank workhplayh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

very fresh hotel, very friendly staff, new look awesome. room very accommodating for this style hotel. They have earned by business in the future and stole it from Choice hotels . Great overall stay. No noise. clean room. refreshing bar and great staff

Room Tip: overall great hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was probably our 4th or 5th stay in this hotel. We think it is a good location if you plan on going into town and going to the Galleria. The price is very reasonable on weekends. This past visit we did had breakfast and was surprised it was good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Residence Inns can range from worn and ho-hum food to excellent. This one was very good and although near major roads, it was very quiet. The food however, was some of the best I've seen at a Residence Inn. The first night was build a burger with fries and the topper: Bryers ice cream!
Breakfast was equally good with spiced up scrambled eggs as well as regular; bacon (one day) and everything else for a hearty breakfast. Only complaint was rates do fluctuate and when you get over $200, I have to move on. Good location in Houston and easy to get to (well, that's if you understand Houston freeways and service roads. Take a GPS.)

Room Tip: There are some great views of sky-scrappers. Go 4th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel, which was several miles from where I did business. I must say that I am not an "easy sleeper". I have chronic insomnia and severe reactions to "white noise" such as that which comes from HVAC units, road noise, elevators, and so on.

When I arrived I was 3 hours late from when I intended to arrive. I was more than a bit frazzled. The staff, especially Christine, was very helpful and calming. She took special care to make sure I had a quiet room (which I had requested on the reservation), showed me the map and asked if I thought it would do. She even showed me where the roof-mounted HVAC units were relative to my room.... something that doesn't often happen. She also let me know that if I had a problem, just to call down and they would be happy to make a switch.

As it happens, there was a small hissing noise from the vent which kept me awake (even with the thermostat turned off), but I am an extreme case. It was unavoidable and did not affect my opinion of the hotel or staff.

I also purchased some food to take up to my room from the bar. Again, kind and gracious service.

Everywhere I looked I was met with open, interested faces who seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that I had a great visit. I will look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recently stayed here for two weeks during a training and I felt like part of the family by the time I left. I was very satisfied with the staff, cleanliness and centralized location. It has a Kroger (grocery store) within 50 yards of the front door, and a huge selection of restaurants within walking distance. I agree with some of the others in regards to the loud AC, but it wasn't a deal breaker. For the price, it was go for me. Don't forget to get your rewards points.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Laura A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Westchase, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Eric_and_Kety,

Thank you so much for posting about your experience at The Courtyard Houston Westchase. I am so pleased to hear you felt like part of the family! Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and I was so excited to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for taking the time to post about your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

My best,
Laura Arneson
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This staff is outstanding and very personable. They are attentive to your needs and welcome you by name upon walking through the door. Both the Assistant General Manager and the General Manager are involved with the staff as well a their guests. I had a small issue with my room and it was fix immediatly, followed up by a email from the GM. Location is also good for restaurant options within a couple miles. It is also a "walk across the street" from a Krogers so if you forgot something on your trip, or need anything from a large grocery store, its less than 1 minute away! I highly recommend for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the right side of the building. I have been to both sides and seems like the nicer...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
12YearTravels,

What a great review!! We can't thank you enough for sharing your experience about your stay at The Courtyard Houston Westchase. Our goal here is to make your stay feel like a home away from home and I'm glad we addressed your issues immediately. We have a great location and the Kroger across the way really is helpful for our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and also some great tips for our future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

My best,