“It was very clean”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston West Park 10
Ranked #97 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I enjoyed staying here. The room was clean. When I checked out, I had forgot my chargers. The hotel manager called me and offered to mail them to me! I was very excited because I was already to far away to go back. So THANK YOU!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here one night in order to watch a ball game in downtown Houston. Even though it was about 20 miles to the ball park, it was not a bad drive. The staff was very friendly and advised me via text message that my room was available for early check in. I found this extremely courteous and was happy for choosing La Quinta. Hotel was very clean. Quick and easy check in. The rooms were big, clean and the beds were very nice. Slept like a baby! The morning breakfast was served on time at 0700. The selection was mainly the usual cold cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, etc. The only thing I really missed was not having the eggs and bacon or sausage. This is one of the few La Quinta's that hasn't had the hot breakfast. Other than that, it was a nice place and I would recommend it to anyone that will be in the Katy/Houston area.

Room Tip: Close to both Katy and Houston. IH-10 right next to the hotel. A little noise at times. Many restaur...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Top of the line for an 'off the interstate' hotel. Recent upgrades to this 'senior' location - - it was a pleasant experience for our one night stay. Friendly staff, welcoming lobby and immaculate grounds. We felt safe and taken care of on this short trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've enjoyed the La Quinta inns and suites as I always do. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Great breakfast and the customer service is always nice. If your ever in Houston then stay where you have great access to I-10. Also the La Quinta is one of the few hotels that accept pets. Really nice for traveling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Located in a business area just west of Houston on the I-10. Stayed here while on business and was very pleased with the hotel. Even though it is close to the freeway, the rooms are situated so that the freeway noise is not a problem. The check in was quick and easy, the room was clean and comfortable, and, overall the hotel seemed to be well kept. This hotel had a nice exercise room with plenty of equipment. There is nothing really within walking distance for food so be prepared to drive some. However, there are plenty of places within a mile or so to choose from. I did not stay for breakfast but while checking out it looked to be a typical continental that La Quinta Inn & Suites offer. This hotel will definitely be on my return list should I be back in this area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 30 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I found a bug in my bed the first night. I was tired, so I just killed it and went to sleep. Dumb, I know. I found two more the third night and did a little research. Yep, I had bed bugs. I complained to the front desk. The clerk said, "Oh, they must not have gotten them all." They were in the middle of redecorating the rooms, probably to get rid of the bed bugs since they were replacing everything with fabric in the rooms.
The clerk gave me a new room, two doors down and across the hall, and said I'd have to talk to the management about a refund in the morning. I didn't really sleep because I was so freaked out. It was 1:00 AM, or I would have checked out and found a new hotel. I also didn't want to spread them to a new hotel if I had a hitchhiker in my bag or on my clothes.
The next morning, I mentioned the issue to the front desk clerk. She refunded me two nights' stay since I found bugs two different nights. It was a holiday, so the manager wasn't in. I was asked to contact the manager to get the third night refunded. No one was very apologetic during this experience. I also feel that I should have automatically received a refund for all three nights. I shouldn't have to contact the manager during regular business hours (when it's not convenient for me) to have them do what is right.
Another inconvenience, when I arrived home, I had to immediately throw all of my clothes and cloth bag in the washer and do laundry at 11:00 PM to kill anything that might have come home with me. I also spent the next week having anxiety attacks everytime I itched, fearing that I had brought a bug home with me and was going to have to replace my bed and all of my bedding.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo