“Rachel in the breakfast section” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor

TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #239 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Rachel in the breakfast section”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Rachel is a wonderful lady, accomodating, humble, always smiling and keeps neat environment that makes my family and i happy. I sincerely appreciate her good work.She is a good representative of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

While this wasn't really my cup of tea, I still gave it a good rateing because it was exactly what they claim it is. I was here on business and just needed a nice clean place to sleep in the energy corridor area and was not overly concerned with much else so I used the "name your own price" feature on priceline which leaves you in the dark as to the name and type of the property until your price is accepted and there is no turning back afterward. Great deals can be had this way but it occationaly has it's drawbacks.

I was concerned when I found out it was an extended stay type property as I generally steer clear of those due to previous bad experiences.

The staff was extreamly friendly and helpful and the suite was clean and tidy. The only drawback for me was that all the common area's were extreamly loud and crowded with LOTS of kids running around doing what kids do. They had a very small pool on site that I would have used only it was constantly full of kids splashing each other doing cannonballs etc. Nothing at all wrong with that just not very relaxing for a single adult traveler. They also had a tiny gym on site but the story was the same there as well, full of kids at all hours.

All in all this was a nice place, and obviously a great value for families traveling with children. I got a great price deal as well so I'm not complaining, it just would not be somthing I would purpously choose again when traveling alone on business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

She is friendly, kind and nice to the kids, and even adult she make sure that everyone is satisfy. At a point many children come for breakfast at the same time and she is just good to handle everyone. She is a good representative of this hotel,always smiling.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on an overnight trip. Location was good since I had a business meeting in the Energy Corridor. I was also pleasantly suprised by the size and cleanliness of the room. I usually stay in more full service hotels but this was definitely a good deal. I'd recommend it depending on your needs.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Qwicker1985
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Qwicker1985,
Thank you for your review of the TownePlace Suites Houston I-10/Energy Corridor. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate you recommending us to others. If you should find yourself back in the area we invite you to stop in and stay awhile.

Angelica C
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I been here 30 days to be with my husband hes a marine stationed in galveston, breakfast was like home Rachel such a sweet.caring person made a big difference.in your day ask for her wished she was there all weekend too, i think i take her with us to all our hotels so others can see what real hospitality is. Our housekeeper Jalisha WOW tht girl can clean along with Brittany and Ms Maria,, we left one aftetnoon came back Jalisha had washed our dishes, really...we never had that before at any other stays so that was such a great exp in our room. Thank you for making our stay a great one Rachel and Jalisha!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have over 25 years of traveling and staying in hotels and have come to know Marriott as a brand I use to trust but after the experience here, I will rethink which brands I will be staying at in the future. Breach of verbal fiscal agreement and breach of security (security door left open and door to my room left open by clean up personnel, on multiple times)are just a few of the concerns. But most frustrating was the apathetic response by both local management and personnel at the Marriott customer service. Houston has many fine hotels and you may be better off to stay at another location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank A B
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us last month, and I want to apologize for the negative feelings you have toward our property and our company. Our goal is to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay, feels safe and comfortable throughout the duration of his/her visit, and goes home with plans to stay with us again the next time he/she comes to Houston. Clearly we were unable to achieve these goals, and I want you to know that I am truly sorry for that. I will make a point to meet with each member of our team directly to make them aware of this matter, and I will also be sure to speak with our renovation crew about leaving doors to the outside open while they are working on improving our suites. Everyone needs to be watching out for the safety and security of our guests, and I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

If possible, I'd like to speak with you directly regarding the "breach of verbal fiscal agreement" you mentioned, as I'm not completely sure what the issue is, and it could be a simple case of miscommunication. Please feel free to contact me directly and let me know how we can assist you.

Bob Kenyon
Director of Sales
TownePlace Suites - Houston Energy Corridor
(281) 646-0058
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite while moving house, this was a good location and price for us, and more importantly, we could bring our cats (for a $75 fee).

The suite had been newly renovated, and they are busy renovating the other building at this moment. Judging by some of the stuff I saw being pulled from the old rooms, the facelift was long overdue. Aside from the dishwasher coming away from the wall the first time we opened it, the kitchen is well stocked and was great for cooking small meals for the family to save on eating out.

The bathroom, while tiny, was clean and had lots of storage. The bedrooms were a great size, and also had lots of storage, but the beds themselves were very soft and we slept terribly all week.

Breakfast was an OK selection, my kids were disappointed that they only had biscuits one day, and not again. The pool was tiny, and you had to ask for pool towels at reception. We used the laundry facilities once, and I thought the dryer was on fire at one point seeing all the steam that was coming out of it.

Location wise, this was great for our first few days in Houston, right off I10 and Highway 6. There are lots of stores and places to eat in the area.

The only downsides to our stay were the broken security door, which was out of order all week, which meant we had to walk the long way round to our room,the room keys which kept having to be replaced because they stopped working, and the workman who just had to come and spend half an hour replacing a window in our room one afternoon, leaving a trail of dust and dirt after himself. We also had to leave the do not disturb sign on all week, because the one time I let the housekeeper in, she propped the door wide open while she worked, despite me telling her several times that we had cats in our room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were able to experience one our of new rooms, and also that you got a chance to see the changes we have made to our suites! We are about 80% done with the renovation work, and we can't wait for everyone to see the completed hotel.

I also want to thank you for bringing some of your concerns to our attention. We want to make sure each of our guests has a comfortable and enjoyable stay, and they feel safe while staying with us. We are working on improving several aspects of the hotel, and I assure you that safety/security is one thing we will not ignore.

Bob Kenyon