“Winter Vacation”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest
Ranked #251 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We are halfway through our stay and, thus far, our overall experience at ESA has been excellent.The location is convenient to our daughter's home, and to all of the locations we want to visit in Houston. The staff is always helpful, and is always quick to respond to our requests. LaTonya, the hotel manager, is always available to help us. The front desk personnel - Breanna, Daizha and Sal, are always couteous and helpful, and always greet us with a smile. Eric, the maintenance man, is always quick to respond to our needs, and he always is able to solve our problem. We are also very satisfid with our chamber maid (we haven't learned her name), who does a good job, and occasionally does some helpful things that we didn't expect.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I'm not big on extended stay hotels. Got this hotel on Priceline for a good rate and it was 2.5 stars with high ratings so I took it. Certainly don't think it deserves the high ratings that it has. Funky smell in the hallway (think nursing home) and even the smell of weed as we came in at nite in the hallway - this was ok in my college days but don't have the same appreciation today....but this is to be expected at a discount hotel with discount minded clientele. We had a single bed - Queen bed with cheap mattress - once again I had to remind myself I was at discount hotel not Hilton. Overall hotel was clean so give them credit where credit is due. Definitely need to clean carpets though more frequently. If you are on a tight budget an use to staying in cheap hotels you will like this hotel because it is the Ritz Carlton of cheap hotels....

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We just stayed here for three days and it was horrible. My wife and I where on the first floor and for three days there was so many people going in and out of the room above us. All night and all day dirty looking people coming in and out. There was so much noise coming from the lobby, I guess there was a football party. I tried to complain at the front desk, but I guess everyone goes home after midnight. There where drunk guys grilling by the pool, and urinating in the bushes. The gym equipment was dirty and wet. The girl at the desk gave me a card with the supervisors number, and I left her many messages and she never called back. This was the first time my company has used them, and it will be the last.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank xien n
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Been here since June 2012. Staff is very friendly and goes out of the way to make sure my stay is pleasant. First impressions are important and the cleanliness of the outside and inside are always kept up. I just can't say enough about the whole staff. You can tell by their upbeat attitude that they truly enjoy coming to work

• Stayed: November 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff have made your Extended Stay enjoyable. We know that first impressions are very important and we are glad that we have made a good one on you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The staff at this hotel makes it a excellent rating. The hotel is decent with pleasent rooms and the kitchenette is very helpful for those of us who are here for a long period of time. I must say that the staff though is supurb starting with the hotel manager Latonya, she goes above and beyond to make all of our stay here the best it can be. This trickles down to the rest of the staff including all the front desk help, to the maids, as well as the maintance staff, all eager to help if something occurs. That is why I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
Thank you, once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed here from June 2012 thru October 2012 for business. I certainly had a great time. I'd like to extend my thanks to Mngr. La Tonya, who made sure that everything was working in my room and int tip-top shape. Especially during renovation when all of the staff were too busy to fix my sink, she tried to fix it herself and needless to say she made an attempt. But it eventually was fixed the very next day. A big thanks to Sal and the entire front office, y'all are always attentive and friendly. And thanks to the entire staff that made sure my room was definitely spotless weekly; It certainly was a home away from home. I'd like to extend whomever is looking for a great place with excellent service, and with wonderful restaurants at walking distance, come on down and see for yourselves this hidden gem of a place.
V S.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Tanya and the staff made your stay "Home Away from Home" despite the issue you experienced. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I'm currently a guest resident at the extended stay america and I must say it as been a pleasure to be here. LaTonya and her staff are very friendly,efficient,attentive, and very helpful and resource. I would recommend this property for anyone coming for an extended stay or for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

“Comfortable and feels like home” --ESA Northwest Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your stay feel pleasant and comfortable, "Home Away from Home". Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.