“I'd stay here again”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest
Ranked #251 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I booked this through hotwire.com, and I was very pleased with how it turned out. Obviously, the price was good. But, I'd have to say I was surprised at how good the property was considering some of the reviews I've read. The room was very clean. There was no noise problem. This area of Houston is just fine (it's mostly a business/retail area), and security was very visible in the parking lot as I returned late at night after business. The full kitchen is good, and I liked the recliner chair. There was not a problem, not one, and I'd stay here again. It sure helped that the location was close to my business site and not far from a good golf course -- the excellent public facility at Memorial Park.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. It's great to hear that the room was clean and that the kitchen and recliner were great! I am also glad that we were conveniently located for your trip with restaurants and golf courses close by and that the security was visible at night. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I based my stay on reviews here so I'll share my experience. The price was decent but this is in a rather unpleasant part of town and the accommodations were barely adequate in my opinion. My bathroom had multiple problems, the bedding was bad and there was a pervasive bad smell throughout. I think the extra money for a Candlewood suites would have been worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay didn’t meet your expectations. I am disappointed that our bathrooms had numerous issues, bad bedding and the bad smell. In response to your feedback, I am a meeting with the manager and staff. We will be inspecting all bathrooms and bedding to ensure that this issue is resolved. For the smell, we will have the maintenance shampoo the carpets and treat the area. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at HNW@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I enjoyed my stay. It was clean, quite, and the front desk staff were very nice. My room needed kitchen soaps and shampoo, and the hallways needs the carpet changed. Other than that, I was very happy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the front desk staff was nice and that the hotel and rooms were clean and quiet. I will have the maintenance engineer shampoo the hallways and clean the stairwells. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Rhianna, front desk is so cheerful and helpful. Area of city is very nice. Looks like fortune 500 business park that is landscaped. Hungry ? Walk to Taco Bell about 1/2 block. There is a sonic next to Taco Bell if you want to drive. Even Taco Bell and Sonic are upscale and landscaped. The room has a large couch, coffe table, recliner, large flat screen LCD Tv.. The bed has a great mattress and four pillows. Full kitchen with fridge, micro, coffee maker, dishes etc. Iron and board. Hair dryer. If you forgot to bring Shampoo or razor, etc., just ask at front desk, it's free. Also set up with free Wi-Fi, access code provided with door key card. Hope to go back in March 2013. here is a tip. It is located across from the Wells Fargo Tower bldg.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such an outstanding review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was very cheerful and helpful. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms with kitchens and sofas for guest to feel like they are at home!! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

The staff is very nice and the rooms are very big. The housekeepers make sure my room is clean and fresh when they do clean my room. Daizha and Sal are very helpful and the other bubbly one at the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Reviewed 18 February 2013

If you do not have a problem with doing your own housekeeping, this hotel is for you. I have never stayed in a hotel where I had to change my linen and take them down to the front desk to exchange them. This not only applied to the towels, but also to the sheets, WOW! Housekeeping was only available for the rooms of persons checking out. And the breakfast was a joke. No juice, only coffee and muffins and breakfast bars. There were two good things: Location and Size of room. Close to lots of shopping and food and the rooms were very spacious. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Vakween
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect. As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping service. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. Functioning in this way allows us to provide all guests with the number of housekeeping services that best suits them. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Very nice staff and excellent service & hotel I would definitely return for another stay. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. It was very impressive to have such a comfortable atmosphere. The convenience of having different stores to shop at around the hotel area was a plus also. I think that the manager & staff members must work hand in hand to keep this hotel such an wonderful place. Home away from home

• Stayed: January 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013