“Incredible bang for the buck”

Towneplace Suites Houston Brookhollow
Ranked #191 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with my wife en route to a tiny Texas town for some Saturday morning BBQ. Great location NW of the city -- probably hard to recommend for a long stay, but if you're looking to crash for the night somewhere, this is perfect. Several restaurants and watering holes nearby. Not a fancy hotel, but it was quiet, used its space well, and had a full refrigerator and living area. The staff was terrific -- kudos for GM Pamela for training her people so well. If I were to criticize one thing, it was the bed -- it was a little hard for my taste.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I booked a 1-bedroom suite with full kitchen for family in town for Christmas. The rate was very fair and included breakfast and free wifi which is always appreciated. I personally did not stay in the room but my brother/sis-in-law/kids said they enjoyed it and had no issues. I did interact with the front desk to check them in as I wanted to receive the Marriott points for the stay (which I should since I was paying for it!). Staff was very helpful and pleasant even though I kept coming back several times to make changes (adding additional names to reservation, changing payment method to a gift card, etc.). Also, the hand written personal welcome note from the GM was a nice touch and made my brother think I was a VIP getting special treatment. I do travel quite a bit but don't usually stay at Marriott properties so I have no elite status or anything but I received a warmer welcome here than at some of the hotels where I am elite.

At the end of the day, a hotel room is just that and if it's not bad, then it's good. But it's the people that make the difference. All things being equal, I rather stay here where I feel my business is appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AD105
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for a week. The facility is very clean and has updated amenities. Room was great (bathroom was a little small) and the staff was helpful. Breakfast was very good, Internet was acceptable. We were paying for the stay with rewards points, and there was a mixup in that regard that took several phone calls to Marriott to resolve, but other than that no complaints. The location was perfect for us, and there are quite a few restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for five nights and it was fine. The room was basic and clean but showed a bit of wear. It was surprisingly quiet for a room facing the freeway. For a solo traveler, it was a good size space but it would be tough for more than one as there was only one chair at the table/desk so you wouldn't be able to eat together. Speaking of eating, the location was fantastic with lots of dining options within walking distance and a movie theater next door. Breakfast was heat and serve items with a waffle maker. I was fine with that as I usually just eat a bagel and a piece of fruit for breakfast. The staff was fantastic. They greet each guest with a smile and seem genuinely glad you decided to stay with them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Parke_Chris
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Room was great. Office Seat was well worn. Toilet a bit old style, but everything was clean and in good order. Appreciated the free easy wifi service. Was given very early check in and grateful! Used the printing station near the lobby.

Walking distance to several restaurants, movie theatre, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I had a client training about 5 miles from here on Northwest Freeway, so this worked out well. Lots of places to eat & Denny's is literally within walking distance. I asked the hotel lobby person about Twin Peaks & she didn't know anything about it. I walked in there & it was a knock-off of Hooters; not exactly the kind of place I would normally walk into. She didn't seem to know too much about anything really, including where to find the billing approval my company had faxed over before I arrived. So, a little training would help.

Also, a Cinemark Theaters is very close by, as well as a variety of stores.

The room was fine for one person. I'm including a picture of the bathroom (please excuse my mess) to show you how small it is & that I couldn't possibly see 2 people sharing this bathroom. I could barely fit myself in there & close the door while using the toilet! I wonder if all the bathrooms are this small or just the studios.

There was a Sunday paper waiting in my room when I arrived, accompanied by a lovely handwritten note from the Assistant General Manager; very nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My stay was long from july 12 til aug 8, 2013 My husband is a US MARINE in Galveston so I spend alot time to see hin in Texas, as I live in Ga. Everyone here has been super nice.and rooms always clean, if you want a clean place and great people this is the hotel to be at.

• Stayed: July 2013