“Great Staff, Great Service, Very Clean and Spacious Room”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #317 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I moved to this location from another in Houston do to BAD service and a Nasty Environment!
It's amazing how one could move 3 1/2 Miles away and receive such Hospitality and cleanliness! My stay so far has been Great! Even though It's off Freeway I've found it to be quiet and Peaceful. Thanks Tameika for a Speedy Check in and for accommodating me vacating the other lactation. Thanks to Jennifer who is also very pleasant in the mornings. Not sure the Guy's name. I'm thinking he is the manager. Just all around Good People, Good Atmosphere!

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

When I travel for business it's usually for a few days to a few weeks and when I travel I need space to move about, a place to make good home cooked meals (mainly my steel cut oats in the morning) and a great neighborhood to be in. If you are ever in Houston and need a decent place to stay, Extended stay America, Greenway Plaza. 2330 Southwest Freeway is a place I totally recommend.
Granted the first couple of trips there weren't the best. The floors were dirty, the countertops in the kitchenette had burn marks on them and the shower needed some attention. I originally didn't intend on returning, but noticed that they have undergone a recent remodel. I have since been back twice and I must say it has gotten better each visit.
The exterior is still the same, clean, open, ample parking and well lit. The interiors have been freshly painted, the walls are adorned with new framed art that is welcoming and inviting, new carpet and new countertops in the rooms. My only complaint up to this point is that the hallways seem to only get vacuumed 2-3 times a week. I suggest at least spot sweep.
Reception is always very friendly and helpful, as is the checkout process. Like I mentioned earlier, I like the kitchenette because of the ease of cooking in room especially when I can goto Whole Foods which is right down the street. The neighborhood is great for a wide variety if restaurants too if you want to eat out. The beds are comfortable with down and foam pillows, rooms are ample, bathrooms large, kitchens with microwave, range top and full refrigerators, flat screen tv's with basic cable and the kicker FREE Internet. Most of the higher priced hotels charge extra for wifi in room, not here! It's free wifi in every room and you have the option if you would like to purchase a higher speed connection for a nominal fee. I use the free access and do just fine. Once again the only complaint I have so far in the rooms is vacuum the floors a little better. It did seem that the vacuum doesn't get too far under the bed and chairs.
Yes, there are nicer places in town to stay, but for the value you can't beat Extended stay America, Greenway Plaza.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very clean, friendly staff that really go over the top to please you.. The thing I liked best was the kitchen. It was. A great way to save a few pennies and cook your own meals. The kitchen had everything you would need.
A very safe place to be. Enjoy your stay..

• Stayed: May 2014
Thank Lady-q@hotmail.com
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This was the hotel that my company booked for my team for a conference. After one night I was ready to bail on the conference and go home. Let's see, what went wrong?

- Room smelled like stale smoke
- room was dingy and poorly lit
- air conditioner sounded like an industrial factory
- bed was hard as a rock and smelled terrible
- woke up with 4 bites on me
- no hot water to shower in the morning

So what went right? After listing my complaints, they let me out of my reservation for the rest of the week. If you are looking for a place to make a shady deal or end your life this place is perfect. Otherwise stay away.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chazmaniac
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The urine odor was not obvious until going to bed for the evening. One of the most horrible experiences away from home.

The cigarette odor in the bathroom was probably the first sign of a neglected room.

Room Tip: We typically stay at the Rotary House or the Wyndham while in Houston, but both were sold out . This...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank E J
Reviewed 24 February 2014

this extended stay is amazing!!! the staff is great and I felt welcome. Also the location is very safe and everything is near by. I highly recommend this hotel.

Thanks Raza, Anele, and Helda it was nice to meet you.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank noor a
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations including our friendly staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Visiting Houston on business, I anticipated a decent room and a good night's sleep. I chose Extended Stay as a recommendation from a coworker and because the location was ideal for my business trip. I am not overly picky but had I known about the stains, the slight stale smoky smell (in my non-smoking room) and it being incredibly loud ... I would not have stayed here. Staff was very friendly but seemed to be new or unsure of certain processes. The complimentary breakfast was minimal but good. The free wifi was nice, easy to connect to and fast. But I did not get any sleep. At all. For $110, it was definitely not worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business