To me, Drury Inns are like Hampton Inns - they're very consistent. This one is one I could comment on more since I just stayed here for 11 nights. It has a great location right on the northbound lanes of Rt. 6, and right next to I-10. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet. There are a lot of choices for TV viewing, though I didn't have much time for that. I LIKE the fact that you can program the AC unit so that the fan keeps running, even if the compressor shuts off. I'm one of those who needs "white noise" to sleep.
Drurys provide breakfast and supper. In my opinion, breakfast is better because all of the normal breakfast foods are available - fruit, cereals (including hot oatmeal), eggs, pastries, waffles, pancakes, etc. etc. Supper is a little less exciting in that it's mainly hot dogs, chips, etc. They do provide a basic salad of mainly lettuce. Hot baked potatoes and tortilla chips are available, too. Free soda is also offered. After supper, popcorn is offered. So, at least there is something available for supper if you don't have alternate plans.
One wierd thing - the toilet! Where, oh where, are the normal toilets that flush normally? In the mad rush to be "green" about everything, many hotels have opted for whacko toilets that use less water. The problem is that they often don't flush everything! --- and you wind up flushing 3 or 4 times to get everything down and use even more water, and certainly more time.
One note of caution - This hotel is very easy to get to EXCEPT if you're coming toward it on Rt. 6 from the north. In that case, follow these directions: Get off Rt. 6 on the two right lanes marked for I-10. The exit ramp will crest a hill and then come down to the first light. MAKE SURE you are in the third lane (NOT in either of the left two lanes since BOTH of them are left turn ONLY. I watched three people get tickets for going straight from lane #2!). As soon as you go through this light, get into the FAR left lane. Go through the next light. At the third light, make a left from the far left lane (as though entering the ramp for I-10), but make a u-turn back onto the northbound lanes of Rt. 6. Get into the far right lane, since the Drury will be just ahead past the first light. Confused? Sorry. :-) Hopefully not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Houston's Energy Corridor is a western suburb and home to the world's largest energy producers. The Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Energy Corridor is located off Highway 6, just 10 minutes from West Houston Airport. Your stay includes free parking, free breakfast and 5:30 Kickback(R) with free hot food and cold beverages in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Energy Corridor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Hotel Houston
- Drury Inn And Suites Houston West
- Drury Inn Houston
- Drury Houston
- Houston Drury Inn