Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Energy Corridor
Ranked #115 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Fort Worth Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great price! great breakfast! Totally worth staying here when we go visit relatives that live in Katy. I would recommend bringing a harder pillow though for those who aren't used to soft pillows. Hubby forgot his pillow at home so had a hard time sleeping. But the recliner there is also quite comfy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was only in town for one night and this was the second time I stayed here for this one night event. Just like my first visit, check-in was quick and friendly. The room was clean and smelled fresh, and every employee I came in contact with, was very friendly and made a point to speak if I met them in the hallway. The breakfast in the morning was simple but had a pretty good variety of available items and they all appeared fresh and tasted good. The fitness/workout room was clean and all of the equipment was in great shape, and they had plenty of water to drink and towels available. The only negative I can come up with is that I went for a late dinner and arrived back at the hotel at almost 10pm, and all of the parking in the front and side was full. I had to park in the rear of the building which was a little to wide open to the areas surrounding the hotel, with easy access from the outside, at least by foot. My vehicle was not bothered and all was fine, but just felt a little uncomfortable when I parked and walked into the building that night. Overall, I would advise anyone who needs to stay in this area, to stay here. Don' t know if it was done on purpose, but I was given the exact same room that I had my previous visit, a year before, which was a nice room in a handy location for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TigerFloyd
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Check in was very smooth. We were upgraded without asking. The suite was very nice. The bedroom was seperate from the living room. Television in both rooms. The living room had a couch, table and a rocker/recliner (very nice touch). The food was excellent for the 5:30 kickback and breakfast. The adult bevergages were small but they are free. At both meal times, the employees checked on us to see if everthing was good or if we needed something.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at many hotels, but I haven't ever run across staff that were so courteous, friendly and who worked as hard to ensure that their guests enjoyed their stay. I observed that every staff member - whether the managers, the front desk, the cleaning staff and even the chef spoke to every guest member and went out of their way to ensure that the needs of the guests were met. I was also impressed that that a small hotel staff could accomplish so much. Not surprisingly, the rooms were extremely clean. The breakfast and dinner were good. The indoor pool well kept and was very much appreciated by our kids. I guess if I could put my experience at in one word it would be "Phenomenal!"

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I don't understand these great reviews. Then again, I didn't stay here very long. I specifically requested a nonsmoking room in the reservation. After checking in, we found the room to be very smoky. Called down to the front desk. The clerk said the hotel was sold out and that she would contact the manager and call back. After about 15 minutes and no call back, went down to the front desk to find out what was going on. She had not heard from the manager and had no other rooms to move us to. While she was pleasant and offered to comp us for the night, this was not acceptable to us. We requested a nonsmoking room for health reasons. We then spent the next hour on our laptop looking for another hotel nearby. As it turns out, this was not an easy task as every place in the area was also sold out. We finally found another place and canceled our stay with Drury. The room, btw, was quite large, with a sitting area separate from the bedroom. But the fixtures felt a bit old. And after being in the room for just an hour, we smelled of smoke and had to launder our clothes. FAIL.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the problem with your reservation. I know how frustrating reservation problems can be and apologize for the inconvenience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please try us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Timothy Rosenberger
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had rather middle expectations for this hotel, but it turned out to be a very nice stay! Nice room, very friendly and exceedingly helpful staff (mgr. and behind the counter). Breakfast could be better, but still friendly lady.
Good, convenient parking, and there is an Avis within walking distance.
Several restaurants within walking distance.
A nice sleep.

Room Tip: one side (the one we were on) is near the freeway, but it was not noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Loved the feeling that I could shower and come out squeaky clean and sparkling after a long road trip! I loved Drury Inn so much on my most recent business trip, I had to find another one, and man it's like a religious experience! What nice rooms. I feel like heaven on earth in those sheets. Laid back perfectly against those pillows and slept til morning! It was awesome. Highly recommended!! Clean place and comfy beds.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business