“very clean”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #239 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 5 August 2011

we had bought our room off of hotwire & was afraid of the price but when we arrived it was very clean & smelled clean, the staff went out of their way to accomadate us. The breakfast could have been better, but we were just passing through going to California to work, so it took care of our needs, it was very quite & there were a lot of places to eat nearby, within walking distance.

Room Tip: it was very quite, which is how we like it
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write nice compliments. I will be passing on your comments to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate you staying at Best Western Heritage Inn and hope next time you are in Houston will stay with us again. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Everything about this hotel was nice. Breakfast, pool, large clean rooms, gated parking. It was billed as near downtown. It is not. It is right by the I-10 freeway east of downtown by 8 miles. The neighborhood is a little questionable by sight but nothing happened so I would say the hotel is safe. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Freeway side of hotel-very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your stay at Best Western Heritage Inn.

We appreciate you staying at our Hotel and hope next time you are in Houston will stay with us again. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

My identity hasn't been stolen (yet), but they scanned my DL, and may have read the barcode on it as well as my CC. Enough digital info to wreak havoc. The clerk initially denied scanning my DL. Haven't seen the same clerk twice, morning or evening, for 3 1/2 days, but they all have the same behaviour; feign friendliness until you have a problem. Then, they do nothing more than they have to, let you know complaints/concerns/requests are not welcome by their expressions, and always have an immediate answer to any problem that implies it should be no problem for the customer or that the customer caused it. The side door that bypasses the lobby (locked after hours) wouldn't work for guests, but was no problem for the clerks. Secure parking is available, but not offered to me. I'm sure this had to do with me asking about the DL scanning.
I travel almost every week, so I'm not a newbie. These people made me feel uncomfortable from the beginning of my stay, and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank GalenTravels

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience your experienced. I understand your concern about ID theft and securing your personal data, but Best Western International and Best Western Heritage Inn is fully compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is a multifaceted security standard developed by the major credit card company intended to help organization proactively protect customer account data. This means no written record are maintained in unsecured location and only certain management team can access portions of this data for limited time. The data is destroyed daily to prevent theft.

I had investigated your comments to my staff and already taken steps to ensure that the staff attitude you experienced do not happen again.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate you for staying at Best Western Heritage Inn.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

The room was clean although when we opened the dresser drawer someone elses socks were in it. The a/c worked well and the room was quiet. The elevator has a strong smell of deoderant in it but the room didnt. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and had enough towels.The pool was nice and clean (outdoor). The breakfast waffles tasted terrible. I threw it away and then one of the staff members came and had one and he told the breakfast keeper to throw the batter away. Otherwise the breakfast was apples, oranges, 4 kinds of cereal, toast, bagels, baking powder bisquits and baked eggs and sausages. Orange and cranberry juice. A good selection of rolls and small muffins.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
bestwesternhoustontx, Webmaster at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• The staff members received our commendation for the good work they are doing.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

1st - this place is really hard to find! Can't use GPS system, and took forever to find it right on Mapquest. And it's really hard to explain how the freeway/frontage road system works if you don't live there. (It's one way on each side and you have to U-turn and backtrack for a mile while evading the freeway on and off ramp traffic that isn't signed - just weird for me). The area nearby is not touristy- it's a working class area. When you find it the first things you notice about it is a tall perimeter security fence, a separate fence to the back parking lot, and signs on the door about no entrance after 11 pm without ID. Not a warm, gracious entrance. HOWEVER, once you get inside the lobby is beautiful and well done, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable. Some small defects - eg I couldn't figure out how to make the refrigerator work so it was too warm for drinks or milk. The pool was outdoors, it was really nice sized but had a very scratchy surface that scraped up the skin on my back and feet, and the TV is very basic cable and missing channels that most hotels of this size have (eg no Disney, Nick, HGTV, etc). Breakfast was very nice. Just wish it was in a better area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for saying that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would have expected nothing less of them, but it is always nice to hear. I am also glad that you found the rooms to be comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• Staff was notified of the nice things you said about them.

• Management was approached about the possibility of making

• directions to our establishment available to our guests. We also asked about the possibility of putting a more welcoming sign on the entrance.

• We’re looking into the possibility of adding more channels to our cable.

Reviewed 2 June 2010

Upon arrival, it was just another best western. below average hotel, but a good price. I was there for 10 nights, and will never see the inside of this hotel again. The staff treated or group as children, and this infuriated several of us. After a few nights we had a vehicle get broken into, but they would only explain that it is responsibility of the guest not the hotel, and were reluctant to call the police. several of the rooms we occupied had fleas, but the girl at the desk didnt know what we were saying, so that is where it ended. This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel, and I will not return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The staff members received additional training concerning the courteous, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• The desk staff was informed that if there were problems understanding our valued guests, it is perfectly in order to ask for help from another staff member.

• Security staff and management received notification that in matters where our valued guests need police assistance, they are to do all they can to be helpful to them in making this possible.

• Maintenance staff was notified of your report of fleas and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

We arrived after 5 hours of driving, and we were very exhausted. For the life of us we couldn't find this hotel, we spent 2 hours just trying to find it. My boyfriend almost had a mental breakdown.

Checked in just fine, our room was on the first floor and had a jacuzzi. Upon entering the room it looked a little small, but you get a microwave/fridge and a safe which was very handy. The jacuzzi was a little small, we had to basically have our legs hanging out of it to fit. The tv was old, but at least we could watch it while soaking. Bed was nice, but the top covers were kind of uncomfortable/hard. The AC was fantastic, it kept the room nice and cool.

The pool was nice, but it was kind of hard to find. We had to ask someone. The exercise room was good, but really crowded with machines. Some were broken, but they had a cold water fountain in there and a tv. I had forgotten my hair brush, and in our room it states they can give us combs.. yet they didn't have any. Not that big of a deal. The breakfast, was by far the best free hotel food i've ever had. They had pancakes you make yourself, eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy. The standard cereal, fruit, etc. It was very, very good. They have two computers, one has a printer. The desk clerk was browsing the internet on one of them and it looked really unprofessional.

One thing to note, we called Dominos with the number provided on your room card, and they forgot our pizza when they delivered it. Had to wait a extra hour in a half for it, but they did give us a extra pasta bowl.

Bottom line, the room was OK, but for only $90 a night including tax, its a great deal. Especially when it had a jacuzzi! The room stated that it was a $400 room, but i've stayed at $200 rooms that were a heck of a lot better.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple