“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #299 of 501 Hotels in Houston
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

No complaints here, I got a very cheap deal off Priceline. The rooms are big and the staff friendly and helpful. A nice breakfast and a decent sized pool. It's a little way out of town but quite straighforward to get to downtown Houston. I'd recommened it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mynameislizzie
JEN G, Manager at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Heritage Inn and giving us a pleasant review.

It is always gratifying to know that our accommodation and service was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying at Best Western Heritage Inn. We look forward to your return next time your in Houston.

Jen G
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We usually think about writing a TripAdvisor review when we have a really bad, negative experience in a hotel. But good companies deserve recognition, hence this review. We have stayed in so many crappy hotels, but this Best Western Heritage Inn ain't one of them. The best part is that we paid similar prices compared to the crappy hotels we've stayed in the past. To start with the hotel facilities and the room itself were in great shape and clean conditions. The furniture in the room looks new, same as sheets and towels. Our room has a mini fridge and microwave and they even put two Arm & Hammer toothpaste cases in the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast is amazing. Other hotels just give you continental breakfast (basically a load of carbs), but this hotel gave us a hot meal which included biscuits and gravy, sausage, and eggs. They also have a waffle maker which makes the waffle in the shape of Texas. In addition, they offer gated parking, although I don't think this is necessary since the neighborhood doesn't look dangerous. They also have decent swimming pool/jacuzzi area. Lastly, the only complain that I have is that the internet is slow, if you want faster internet, then you have to pay a fee for that.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Plattonian
JEN G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review. Your kind comments regarding Best Western heritage Inn will help other guest in the future.

We also appreciate your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at our hotel.

Once again, we are grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. Hope to see you soon and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call.

Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

This is a "You get what you pay for" hotel. We traveled to Houston and didn't want to pay downtown prices. This hotel was convenient, clean and had a decent complimentary breakfast. It has a small workout room - not all the equipment worked, hot tub - wasn't heated and a few computers in the lobby for Internet access that were working. All-in-all not a bad deal if you are looking for a good deal in the Houston area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JEN G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate you staying at the Best Western Heritage Inn and hope to see you soon.

Mansfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed at this motel for 7 days, I couldn't have ask for anything more... The price was reasonable, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was way more than your typical "buffet" and the employees went above and beyond! they made us feel very welcome and were there to accommodate our every need. We booked a Hilton in Daytona Beach and this by far surpassed it! We would definantly stay again.

Room Tip: Nice big rooms..
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JEN G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at our Hotel. Your comments on our performance shall be passed on to the staff members.

We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey. Please don't hesitate to contact us at the Best Western Heritage Inn the next time you are in Houston. We look forward to your return.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 days during our recent visit to Houston. It's located near the freeway and there are couple of fast food restaurants nearby. Rooms are clean and I don't have any complaint on service. I booked the hotel from one of the major travel sites through their unpublished lists. So I got a very good rate and I enjoyed the stay here. This hotel has a free parking,free breakfast and wireless internet. I see the staffs are friendly, i wanted to take couple of printouts from the computers for guests near the lobby, they did not charge for it, it was free. Overall I enjoyed the stay and I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacob J
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review about our Hotel.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Heritage Inn the next time you are in Houston. We look forward to your return.

Martinsville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Front desk staff: Nice. Breakfast: Good. Bathroom: Large and well lit. Room, corridors, lobby, front desk: Poorly lit, which gives the hotel a cheap, old, depressing look. The room itself was comfortable and large. Maybe the dark-colored walls make it look darker. The carpet in the corridors was stained and old. I'm not sure what it is about the lighting in this hotel (low voltage, dark lamp shades, fluorescent bulbs, not enough lamps, not sure) but it looks dark. Even from outside. The elevator makes strange noises and you feel that you are in a really bad hotel. We went to the Best Western Heritage because we got a good deal that included a rental car, but it's not a place that I would recommend. The location is difficult also, far away from everything. One good thing was that the room had a fridge and a microwave oven!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JEN G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
San Marcos, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I've stayed here several times even though it really isn't in the best neighborhood. The location suits my needs for a quick getaway to Houston, though. Until my most recent stay, everything had been fine. Never great. Never awful. Pretty much what you would expect from a mid-priced chain motel.

However, on my last (and I do mean LAST) stay, my wife and I checked into a Jacuzzi suite and went out in search of dinner. After dinner, we came back ready for a dip in the hot tub. Well, there was more tub than there was hot. In fact, there was no hot. No hot water was to be had in our suite. I called the desk and was told, with a bit of attitude, that they would let maintenance know about the problem in the morning. No offer to change to a room with hot water, either with or without a Jacuzzi. I explained that we would be up and gone before maintenance was available the next morning. Well, she said, she would let the manager know, too...in the morning.

I called Best Western customer care and while they seemed sympathetic, they were impotent, as "each location is independently owned and operated." Further attempts to get to the bottom of the situation resulted in an admission by the motel that they were at fault and an offer to refund 10% of the charge. Excuse me, but I paid twice the regular room rate to get the damn jacuzzi that provided no value whatsoever and then we had to take cold showers the next morning. I don't think $12 is quite going to make up for that. That was all they had to offer, though. Take a moment and imagine my response. I got the (apparently useless) Discover Card folks involved and will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as well.

You can tell a lot about a business by how they handle a situation gone wrong. I understand that these things happen. Breakers trip and water heaters no longer heat water. If that happens to a paying guest and you value their business, you should go out of your way to make it right. Obviously, this place doesn't value my business. Don't expect that they will value yours.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another motel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PokerbossTX
JEN G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
On behalf of the entire staff of the Best Western Heritage Inn, We would like to thank you for staying with us. Please accept our apologies for the hot water in the Jacuzzi room you experienced. Also, thank you for your comments; you have helped us take this situation from occurring again in future for better service.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Management Team