Best Western Heritage Inn
US$223
US$193
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$138
US$134
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgated parkinghouston arearecommend this hotelcheck in was quick and easydefinitely stay at this hotel againgreat hotela great staynice breakfasttwo nightsrooms are nicevisiting houstonother hotelschecking inlodgingtexasmicrowavedowntown
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I loved the hotel! The staff was very friendly. The girl who was working the front desk was very accomodating. Our flight got into Houston around 11am and check in wasn't until 3pm and we were tired and just wanted to relax so she went out of her way to make sure our hotel was ready for us when we got there and we were able to check in early. The rooms are nice and clean and very quite. I don't know if the rooms are sound proof or not but at one point in the hotel I was in the hallway and could hear the people in the room next to us laughing and screaming but when I was in my room I couldn't hear them at all, so that was nice.
Only thing I would say is they should automatically put the complimentary shampoo and soap in the rooms we had to go get it from the desk. But that was the only thing! Would stay here again!
Also, I felt more safe with the gated parking because our first day there just down the road on East Fwy when we were leaving the hotel there were some guys fighting, kind of scary.

Room Tip: Staying on the third floor is the best because you can't hear people walking around in their rooms or the hallways.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

On behalf of the staff at the Best Western Heritage Inn, I would like to thank you for staying with us and giving us an nice review.

Please note the your comment regarding the toiletry items has been passed to the Head Housekeeping And also accept my apology for any other inconvenience you experienced at the Hotel.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us. Please give me a call next time you are in Houston. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

We had stayed at this hotel when it first opened like 13 or 14 years ago. It was always pleasant and nice. This time was different, we were greeted and the person was very nice. She made a point to let our party know that this was a Smoke-Free hotel. I was surprised when she said there's gated parking in the back. That did not use to be there. As soon as we walked out of the elevator, we can all smell the lingering cigarettes. The price was ok, I remembered it as being cheaper, but I guess I didn't account of inflation. Breakfast was good. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank KrisD8888
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Heritage Inn and letting us know about our service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

We appreciate your comments and we will do everything to make your stay happy next time you are in Houston. We look forward to your return. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip and the hotel locks the doors from the lobby to the rooms at 11:00PM. I had to leave before 7AM and there was no way to get a room reciept. There is a bell on the outer lobby door to ring for service, I rang it several times over 5 minutes and no one ever answered. I think the hotel does not have any employees here overnight. The room was clean and comfortable. The hallways were well lit and quiet. The neighborhood as well, although I was told the next day that people have been abducted when alone in this area. This was very close to where I needed to be, so if I had to travel back to the area, I would consider staying here again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience your experienced.

Please know that your comments had been reviewed in detail with our front desk and steps had been taken to ensure these faults are solve promptly for our guests.

We appreciate your comments and please let me know next time you are in Houston. We will do everything we can to make your stay comfortable. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

No complaints here, I got a very cheap deal off Priceline. The rooms are big and the staff friendly and helpful. A nice breakfast and a decent sized pool. It's a little way out of town but quite straighforward to get to downtown Houston. I'd recommened it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mynameislizzie
JEN G, Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Heritage Inn and giving us a pleasant review.

It is always gratifying to know that our accommodation and service was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying at Best Western Heritage Inn. We look forward to your return next time your in Houston.

GM

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We usually think about writing a TripAdvisor review when we have a really bad, negative experience in a hotel. But good companies deserve recognition, hence this review. We have stayed in so many crappy hotels, but this Best Western Heritage Inn ain't one of them. The best part is that we paid similar prices compared to the crappy hotels we've stayed in the past. To start with the hotel facilities and the room itself were in great shape and clean conditions. The furniture in the room looks new, same as sheets and towels. Our room has a mini fridge and microwave and they even put two Arm & Hammer toothpaste cases in the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast is amazing. Other hotels just give you continental breakfast (basically a load of carbs), but this hotel gave us a hot meal which included biscuits and gravy, sausage, and eggs. They also have a waffle maker which makes the waffle in the shape of Texas. In addition, they offer gated parking, although I don't think this is necessary since the neighborhood doesn't look dangerous. They also have decent swimming pool/jacuzzi area. Lastly, the only complain that I have is that the internet is slow, if you want faster internet, then you have to pay a fee for that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Plattonian
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review. Your kind comments regarding Best Western heritage Inn will help other guest in the future.

We also appreciate your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at our hotel.

Once again, we are grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. Hope to see you soon and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call.

Jen Gandhi