“Great Stay”

Hilton University of Houston
Ranked #74 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It was surprising to find out that students were the ones greeting you at the desk and assisting your needs because they did such a great job. I have a special diet I need to follow and needed to have food refrigerated so, without even asking, the customer service desk agent right away offered to have a refrigerator taken to my room. Excellent and comfortable beds. Restrooms are comfortable and nice. The only downside was that we had to pay $15 a day for parking but internet was free and so was having the refrigerator in my room. Overall: great stay!

1  Thank Diana P
There are newer reviews for Hilton University of Houston

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is one of the nicest Hiltons I've stayed in - and I travel 2-3 times a week. The decor is unusual, modern, and makes the room SO comfortable.
That said, I went in summer while the campus was empty, and there were only Chinese-speaking people who worked at the desk, restaurant, room service, etc. Everything is lost in translation. It took three attempts and about 10 explanations to get coffee - this took 30 minutes. When my non-English-speaking taxi driver got lost and I called the hotel for directions, a whispering little girl voice told me she didn't know how to direct us in (probably because she's never driven here and has no clue). In the bar, the server asked me what I wanted before I'd even sat down. I'm all for eager service, but don't ask me every 30 seconds. Let me sit first. While they are all very service-oriented and truly aim to please, they don't understand enough to get it right and it was just a giant effort to get anything done right, including a simple coffee.

I'm guessing this is unusual and due to it being a summer staff. The hotel itself is just great and I love the Asian-inspired room decor. The shower and bathroom are upgraded and nice. I would absolutely stay here again.

1  Thank Dragon l
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was great for being located on Campus. I was able to use the university rec center and covered parking under the hotel. Enternet was free and good. If you have business on campus this is a great place to stay. All of my business partners had to drive in from other hotels and then had to find parking but NOT ME

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The amenities at this hotel were outstanding. I loved my room. The features were modern and sleek. The maid did a fantastic job--not a speck of dirt. I'm glad I paid about 40 dollars more to get the suite. It was a home away from home.

1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is extremely well managed, very clean, and highly courteous staff. The restaurant downstairs is very good. This hotel is very close to downtown but located in quiet and safe college campus. I would certainly stay here on my next visit to Houston.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel was awesome. Because it's the 'training' hotel, almost all of the staff were actually students in the program who were getting first hand experience in the hotel and restaurant....and they were so helpful and pleasant. The fitness center was the best I've ever seen with a 2-story rock climbing wall right in the middle. The hotel was comfortable and clean. Really great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lieberhofer
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent location near downtown. Hotel is in center of a diverse campus and parking is below the hotel. Somewhat cheaper than hotels downtown. Lost jewelry case on last visit. They found the case and offered to mail the jewelry to me. Service is top notch!! Can compete with 5 star hotel anytime. Quieter than downtown. Restaurant downstairs is quiet and menu selection is really good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business