“Nice Place to stay close to everthing”

TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake
Ranked #171 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, TX
“Nice Place to stay close to everthing”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Hotel is clean and staffs are very friendly. We have 4 families stayed there and we all loved it. Pull out sofa bed is not very comfortable but OK for kids. The rooms are very clean. Location is the best as just 30 min from down town Houston, 5 min to NASA and 35 min to Galveston beach. They said they will have hot breakfast by end of March.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had a fantastic stay. Renovation did not allow us to use guests laundry but the staff was so gracious and helpfull. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
alberta
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My family recently stayed here for two nights! If you have read any of my other reviews you will know a bit about me, and my family, if not I want to briefly touch on how we live at home, so you can decide if we are like you and if my review will provide value to you. I live in Alberta, Canada in a 2 storey home, with 3 bedrooms and a loft upstairs, a double attached garage, and a fully finished basement with a few more bedrooms. Our community is not upscale, but its not budget either, my husband and I travel a lot! When we are traveling with our kids (13 yr old twins and 4 yr old) we like to have space, and as much comfort a we can get, for a decent price. Anyone who travels with their family knows just how pricey such an adventure can be!

We keep our home tidy, and neat. So let me get to the review.

The room was very roomy, having the two bedrooms was GREAT!! The bedrooms were small, but honestly they had everything we needed.

The bedroom my twins ended up using had a queen bed, a nightstand on each side, and a 4 drawer dresser with a 42 inch flat screen tv on it. (they liked that!) There was also a closet!

The main bedroom was quite a bit larger featuring, a queen bed, a large closet, a 4 drawer dresser with mirror above it, and a 42 inch flat screen tv mounted on a movable mount. My favorite feature was a large desk with work chair on the one side of the bed, as I was also doing some internet work while there. The internet was FREE, and either wired or wireless, (I used both with no problems). The beds were comfortable, and the bedding was nice.

The living room and kitchen were tired, the kitchen even though fully functioning was more like the type of kitchen you would find in a rental apartment, rather than what most people would have at home, Old worn and burned arborite counter tops, the fridge was a good size and worked, the stove was apartment size and I never used it, there was also a dishwasher that was VERY loud (so put on when you are vacating the suite so you don't get bothered by it) All in all the kitchen functioned, but it would be great if they updated it.

The sofa bed was WORN, so much so that I did not want to sleep my 4 yr old on it, so we removed the couch cushions, covered them in a doubled blanket, a fresh sheet, and asked for more bedding to give her blankets to cover with. (she slept in the closet in the larger bedroom as she felt more safe there, which was fine) There was also a chair in the living room, and a large tv (about 50" flat wall mounted)

I would definitely think about staying here again, but there was one disappointment while here... I booked the hotel directly from the hotel website, and did not have a chance to view the reviews here, (which I am glad I did not or I probably would of not chosen to come here) The outdoor pool is also NOT heated, so the fact that they have it open YEAR Round is kind of a joke, considering even these Canadians were not going in that cold pool!! So if you plan to go and swim know the pool is NOT heated!!

For the money having the separate rooms for the kids, for nearly the same price as a standard hotel room was a great bonus!

Breakfast was small and they were always out of food, but we would ask and they would restock, maybe this was part of their ploy, as many people would not bother asking, they would just leave without eating. The hotel did tell me that they are adding a new hot breakfast room, and the renovations were being done as we were there, it was also my understanding that the guest rooms were being redone as well. We did not hear any construction noise while we were there.

I would recommend to anyone that wants roomy, valuable accommodations.

Connect with me on Facebook www.facebook.com/AmandaEvansCC

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was very surprised that this property has the Marriott name, or any other chain Hotel name on it. I have nothing horrific to say about this property, but The property needs updating DESPERATELY! My mattress was the worst mattress I've ever slept on. The grab and go breakfast was cereal, bagels, juice,milk and coffee. They have an outside pool with small BBQ area.

It was INEXPENSIVE for a long stay, but you sacrifice dearly for the lower rate. I won't stay here again unless the hotel is completely remodeled.

The staff was super friendly. I would like to specifically mention by name LAUREN. She was great & did everything she could to make my stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank YIISD
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I wasn't sure we wanted to stay here after reading Reggie-d review. The property does need some updating - the only thing that needed cleaning was the sofa, it did have some stains. It is very basic, very, very small kitchen and the grab and go breakfast was cereal, bagels, juice,milk and coffee. They have a outside pool with small BBQ area. It was very inexpensive and , we are quite spoiled and normally stay at Residence Inns, but did stay at a Town Place Suites in Baton Rouge that was super nice with inside pool and hot tub. We probably won't stay here again, but the staff was super friendly and even thanked us for our business.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo Ann D
WICHITA, KANSAS
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The furniture is old and worn. The hotel is very very basic. As a Marriott Rewards member, we stay in a lot of Marriott properties. I am very surprised this is a Marriott property. Adequate but barely, marginally clean, won't stay here again but it was very cheap.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Reggie-d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#8 of 16 in Webster

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake? Share your experiences!