Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brentwood Inn(Houston)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbay area blvdfree laundryfull kitchenstayed hereroom was cleandishwasherdeskbedpetsgymhousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our first stay at a Candlewood Suites and we were very impressed. We didn't use all the facilities, but the hotel was clean and the woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful with directions. We had room on the 1st floor and it was immaculate (and trust me, I am OCD and look at everything before we settle in). It was a studio and it was a great size. The bed, sheets and pillows were very comfortable and the tv was the in the perfect spot. The kitchen had everything we needed for a 1 night stay, and a lot more we could have used if we had stayed longer. The bathroom was modern and so clean... great water pressure! Loved the inset sink. Towels were so fluffy. We even 'rented/borrowed' some DVD's from the front desk that they have available for their customers. We will definitely be staying at Candlewood Suites again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel was very good. Suite was very comfortable, spacious. It had more than what we were expecting. Everything we needed was right there in the suite. The bed was awesome.

Front desk lady was very friendly. Hotel is close to hwy, donor has easy access.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Would've given a 5 in all categories, except for the location. The area is fine and safe, near enough to many close retail and dining places... but it isn't close at all to the destination attractions around Clear Lake and the Boardwalk. However, it was the only place we could find for the fully-booked July 4 weekend. Very suitable for long-term stays.

PROS:

-Large, roomy, very clean, nice decor, modern suites. Quiet... couldn't hear sounds from outside the room.
-Fully furnished kitchen, with stove top, microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher, pots, pans, -utensils, dishware, coffeemaker, etc.
-Large, long wall-desk and work area.
-Very comfortable queen bed, with choice of pillow types by request.
-Large screen HDTV, with HD programming.
-Complementary DVD movie lending library.
-Large, clean bathroom, with thick fluffy towels
-Well-equipped gym.
-Friendly, helpful, professional staff.
-Free onsite washer and dryer, and complementary detergent.

CONS:

-Location is poor, if Clear Lake access is the goal. (Otherwise good for NASA access)
-Weekly housekeeping only. (It's typical of long-term stay hotels)
-Guest must self-exchange linens and towels. (Except if it coincides with weekly housekeeping)
-Sloooow internet access. Wireless signal is strong, but with many guests online at same time there's insufficient broadband width. Had to use my cell phone as WIFI hotpot to get work done.
-No pool.
-No breakfast.

Would certainly stay here again; and would recommend it to others, with the above caveats.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and 2 children for a month for my husbands job. We have stayed in this area before and chose to stay here for 1st time because I love the location. The staff was very helpful and the hotel was nice and clean. I just got annoyed that the coffee machine was always out of coffee. But overall great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I booked a room here back in November for this past Saturday night. When I got there at check in time they did not have my room ready, and when they did, there was only a smoking room available. Their excuse was that they had guests who had decided to stay. The truth is that they have an extended stay program, not advertised on their website. I booked this room 5 months ago and never was I advised that I wouldn't get a room. The manager was argumentative, arrogant, and outright dishonest in trying to squirm his way out of this. Needless, my family and I had no where to stay that night for a trip that we had planned for months...despite booking this room 5 months ago. Unacceptable!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Sharon Davis