“Nice save” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #223 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Loganville, Georgia
“Nice save”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

After a nightmare experience with an extended stay hotel up the street I checked into a room here. After two sleepless nights else where the front desk here was a nice change. The room exceeded my dollar expectations and was nice and quiet. I stayed 2 weeks. I have cons to report but to be honest besides the room being very nice and quiet nothing else makes it stand out to me. Location average, staff average, By average I mean fair service for a fair price.
But I would not shop them if I was in the area, I would return and stay with them again.

Room Tip: I always try for top floor if it is non smoking
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

There were a couple problems with the room, none of which I mentioned to management. The first was torn fabric (pleather?) seat. The next day when I came back, they had switched out the chair! Unheard of that they did this without me reporting it. A refreshing change where housekeeping usually does not notice or report problems, or maintenance does not proactively fix.

The second item was a very rusted air conditioning unit. It was very rusted. But, obviously, that takes more money. It didn't bother me and still seemed to work fine.

The room was very comfortable. I love to two rooms concept and the desks in Candlewood suites are the best layout anywhere, plenty of light and plugs to work on my computer and plug all my phones into.

Windows actually open which I love, and the room was extremely quiet.

Candlewood Suites is a small step below Embassy or Homewood, but I'd always stay here as there is ample parking, staff was friendly and efficient and was a good value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for one night to shop for sailboats. It is a very nice hotel. It would be a good place to stay if you had business in the area and needed to stay for several nights. It reminds me of The Residence Inn when they first started offering homes away from home back in the 80s. It isn't fancy, but it has everything you'd need to make an extended stay comfortable. It's a little out of the way from tourist attractions, but we know our way around. The staff was VERY friendly, and everything measured up to how it is presented on their website. Because they have a full kitchen in each room, there isn't a complimentary breakfast like many other hotels. But, they have a Market Place in the lobby, with complimentary coffee and items for purchase at reasonable prices. There are several grocery stores close by if you needed to stock up on items for your room's kitchen. If you want a pleasant, comfortable place to stay for business or pleasure I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We spent a brief overnight here while visiting NASA. Staff was really friendly, all business was quick and neat.

Room was clean, usual style of Candlewood Suites. Bed is European king size - as in not 200x200cm but 160x200cm which was just fine. Great pillows.

The place has free washers/driers which is a real nice touch and we took advantage of this :)

The cupboard is pretty well stocked with whatever you may need (from breakfast to frozen/microwave food to ice cream)

For the price paid we couldn't have asked for better.
If in the area again we'll surely stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ka0z
Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel was exceptionally clean and well kept but the reason I'm wrting is the absolute honesty of the staff and people staying there this trip. I ate a rushed breakfast in the cupboard/laundry and had to leave in a hurry. I forgot my Oakleigh Kitchen Sink bag with my computer and all of my jumpdrives and Nikon camera...on the washing machine. When I returned it was still there 3 1/2 hours later...relieved I should say so... but really stay here people are honest and its not the Big City. Besides Tommys is right next door a better meal you couldn't ask for!

Room Tip: Get a King Suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great hotel, staff super staff. I was surprised that a hotel with such a great weekend rate was so comfortable. Staff was courteous, room was clean, bed fresh, bathroom roomy. Having a mini-kitchen really made it a lot like being home. I'm definitely staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our first stay at a Candlewood Suites and we were very impressed. We didn't use all the facilities, but the hotel was clean and the woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful with directions. We had room on the 1st floor and it was immaculate (and trust me, I am OCD and look at everything before we settle in). It was a studio and it was a great size. The bed, sheets and pillows were very comfortable and the tv was the in the perfect spot. The kitchen had everything we needed for a 1 night stay, and a lot more we could have used if we had stayed longer. The bathroom was modern and so clean... great water pressure! Loved the inset sink. Towels were so fluffy. We even 'rented/borrowed' some DVD's from the front desk that they have available for their customers. We will definitely be staying at Candlewood Suites again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Clear Lake
TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake

Been to Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake? Share your experiences!