“Good place near the City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow

SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow
Ranked #166 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Good place near the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

First time at this hotel. Easy to get to, but there is on-going ramp construction in the area and this makes it a little difficult to get around. Facility looked almost brand new. Staff was excellent. 3 types of free newspapers in the lobby. We found the Breakfast to be excellent all week. Not too much variety but well prepared and plenty of it. We stayed a week. Very eclectic mixture of patrons. First day at an early breakfast, many Hispanics. Next day later for breakfast, many oriental patrons. Everyone was courteous and friendly. The indoor pool was used twice by us and grandkids. It was really nice and in the mid-morning was deserted. Lots of towels and also a jacuzzi area separate from the pool. Nice depth for families at about 4.5 feet max. The kids had a ball. We have stayed elsewhere near Houston and construction like traffic is a way of life down there. Our Nav system got us around as needed with no problems. I would stay here again with no problem. Staff was excellent and attentive to any needs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear BigMike60_70,
Thank you so much for leaving your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow. We take great pride in making sure our guests have a good time at our hotel, and we work hard to ensure that your stay is a satisfactory one. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Houston.

Nato T.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel was pretty nice but there is so much construction going on it is very difficult to get there. GPS was struggling to get us there. The front lobby area for breakfast was too crowded. The tabels were on top of each other and the breakfast flow is not not very well organized. The breakfast was also not well prepared. The room was very nice. The hot tub was dirty and smelled bad. The pool was very cloudy. It seemed as though it was not well maintained.

The front desk staff were very friendly and were quick to help us with our rooms. They were the best part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the last floor if you want a quiet environment. There were only a couple of crazy guests tha...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PS880
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear PS880,
Thank you for your review and kind words about my staff. I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience at my hotel. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and I'm saddened to see that we did not achieve our goal. If you have any further feedback or would like to discuss your stay further I invite you to contact me at your earliest convenience. I hope that you might give the SpringHill Suites Houston-Brookhollow another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Nato T.
713-290-9242
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Needed a place to stay overnite while our house was being remodeled, so I chose SpringHill Suites @ Brookhollow due to its close proximity, all rooms are accessed from the inside of the building and, of course, the wonderful reviews it received on TripAdvisor. The reviews are well deserved! The room was spacious and clean, the staff were friendly, the location was convenient and the price was extremely reasonable. They do offer a complimentary breakfast which was constantly being replenished by an attentive staff. At first, my wife was dubious about my choice, but once we arrived she conceded that perhaps we should have considered a two-nite stay instead of just the one.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Versa98,
Thank you so much for the kind review of the SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow. I am so thrilled to hear that your choice to stay with us was a good one for both you and your wife, and ultimately us as well. We work so hard to try and make each guest's stay a good one, so hearing that you enjoyed it makes it all worth it! Hopefully you will stay again in the future or can recommend us to your family and friends.

Thornville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

For a hotel that was right up next to the freeway (where cars and trucks were flowing 24/7), our suite was incredibly quiet. And we were on the side facing the freeway! The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the breakfast bar was the usual (substantial) but did have waffles and eggs and canadian bacon, the pool area and hot tub were pristine and just the right temperature. Outside the grounds were very well maintained. There is a patio area right off the indoor pool that lends itself nicely to sitting out in the sun. There is even a grill out there if you should want to prepare a meal for yourself. This hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants but it does have a room service through a catering company and it is reasonable for that type of thing. We ordered a pizza for lunch on a Saturday afternoon rather than get a taxi to a restaurant and the pizza arrived hot and on time. If you are willing to pay a service and delivery fee it isn't too bad. All of the employees that we dealt with from the breakfast bar captain to the front desk and housekeeping were top notch and friendly. The bedspreads were wonderful! The sheets were crisp and smelled good. Our room was very nicely decorated and we loved the little area where the desk was so my husband, who usually wakes up well before me, could sit and do his computer work without bothering me. There were two nice televisions in the room. My only issue was a toilet that ran constantly until I jiggled the handle. Even with that slight annoyance (which I did not bring to any one's attendion) I still gave it a 5 star rating and will definitely stay there again if in the Houston area.

Room Tip: The front desk said that when the road construction started it was noisy on the street side, but we...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Queeniedsb,
Thank You so much for your very kind review of our SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow. I am thrilled to know that you were very pleased with the quiet room, indoor pool and all the amenities the hotel has to offer. I am sorry to hear about the toilet noise, I will see to it that we correct that issue right away. I really look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Houston. Thanks again!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites the weekend of 10/18 - 10/20/13. The location could not be beat AND free parking! It's located a few exits away from the Galleria area, so you are still close enough to great shopping and good restaurants without the hassel of the Galleria traffic. We got a weekend deal of $99 on their website.

Check-In: Check-In was quick and easy. No hassals. We got there around 3:30 in the afternoon.

Rooms: The rooms were clean and spacious. There are (2) flat screen TVs in the room. One in the bedroom area and another in the living space area. There is a wet bar (a nice addition), refrigerator and coffee maker (with coffee and tea). I did NOT like the bathroom set up. There was one sink with very little space to put your things. No shelves or anything. Also, the bathroom light was on the wall located outside of the toilet area, so everytime I went into the bathroom, I had to step back outside to turn on the light. Not that big of a deal, but worth mentioning since it was an aggravation. Our a/c worked, but it kinda came on and went off on it's own....not according to the temp that we had set on the unit. So, we were either too hot or too cold most of the time. We didn't complain to management though b/c due to the temperature outside, it was manageable and not too much of an inconvenience.

Breakfast: I didn't eat breakfast b/c I'm not a big morning eater, but I did run downstairs a few times to get extra coffee and tea from the breakfast bar b/c I had run out of it in my room. The breakfast looked tasty though.

Pool: It was closed during my stay there so I didn't use it.

Property: The property was very clean and well maintained. The lobby was modern and inviting. The parking lot was well lit at night and the area was safe and right off of 610 and 290, so easy access to the freeway.

Overall, I would defintely visit this property again without question. The few negative comments that I made above were made only b/c I'm doing a review. These were very small things that I wouldn't let deter me from using the property or recommending it. They were the only reasons that I didn't give it 5 stars, otherwise it was worth the money.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor right across from the elevator, however we NEVER heard any noise outside of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DELTA1288
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear DELTA1288,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to enjoy your clean spacious room. I am sorry to hear about the A/C issue, we will get that taken care of right away. We hope to see you again really soon, take care!

Denver, Co
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I just returned from a 2 night stay while I was in town for a seminar. I first want to thank the GM Nato for helping accommodate me when I called and the Sheraton was booked up. Although I didn't get a chance to meet you while I was there, your customer service and helpfulness was outstanding! In fact, every employee I had the pleasure of speaking with was just a courteous. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, the pool was kept nice and clean, and the breakfast in the morning was worth waking up early for! It's not just the run of the mill continental at all. Eggs, sausage, Canadian bacon, cereal, fresh fruit, and other items. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it lacked a restaurant/bar and a shuttle service of any kind. It is a quick walk over to the Sheraton where they have a restaurant and a bar, both of which have the same menu. Arthur was great at the Tuxedo Bar so treat him well!! I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear JessiDenver,
Thank you for the feedback. I am so happy that we could accommodate you here at the Springhill Suites Houston Brookhollow while you were in Houston for your seminar. I'm glad that you found everyone friendly and helpful. I'm also glad that you enjoyed your stay, and the complimentary new hot breakfast. I wish we could have had a chance to meet and say hello, maybe the next time you are in Houston. We look forward to seeing you again should your business bring you back to the Houston area.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had to stay here a few nights while my home purchase nearby was in the final stages. For the location, it's not bad. Yes, the traffic pattern is a bit funky and strange with the road construction, but no noise whatsoever. My room was on the back side of the hotel. The new SHS property and room "style" revamp suits me and my needs. In reading some reviews of nearby hotels, I was slightly concerned about vandalism, but didn't see any evidence of it - and felt safe. The breakfast buffet was nice and wifi was good. I used points, so I can't speak for value, but I recommend overall.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Bk_t1,
I wanted to say thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a review of the SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow. I was so excited to learn that we suited your needs well, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you felt safe at our property. We do have security throughout the night for your safety. I really appreciate the kind words regarding your stay, and we look forward to your next stay.