“Close to the airport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Ranked #82 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had a 7:15 am flight and I booked this hotel in large part because of favorable reviews on Trip Advisor and because of its proximity to IAH--5 minutes from the rental car facility. We arrived about 10 pm and were checked in within 2 or 3 minutes. The room was comfortable and clean. We got up at 4:45 am to get dressed. Unfortunately, the coffee maker was missing a part and consequently we could not make it in the room. However, although breakfast is officially served from 6 to 9 am, there was fresh coffee in the lobby at 5:15, and they also had oatmeal and grits, so when we boarded the flight, we were not hungry. The only downside was the shower--when my wife showered at night, the hot water was intermittent, and when I showered early morning, it never got very hot.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sej60

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have a demo room I frequently use nearby to train customers on different lines I sell. This hotel is right around the corner from the demo room which is very convenient and has such a relaxed comfortable feel to it for me. The entire staff of this establishment work to make your stay is a nice one. I know I will never be disappointed when I book a room at this hotel. Great pillows too! I usually bring mine from home so I can get a good nites rest but don't need to at this La Quinta.

1  Thank taviah2014
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Arrived for one night stay and chose this property based on Trip Advisor reviews and location near IAH. I feel duped. I checked in and was told to go to the end of the first floor hallway to get to the elevator and up to the third floor. This is a design flaw as I shouldn't have to go to the end to get to an elevator and then come back to my room! Next I find my room and turn on the heat since it was cold outside (and in). But the only that blew out of the a/c-heating unit was mildew smell and cold air. I called the desk and they sent maintenance up to "fix" it. As soon as he walked in he got one whiff of the air and called down to let them know I needed a different room. He tried to convince me that someone had spilled perfume in it. Next the receptionist brought me a key to another room which I switched to and immediately turned on the heat...alas, the room never really got heated up. I do not believe they have true heaters.

A few other notes...the elevator had sticky liquid spilled on the floor which was not cleaned by the time I checked out in the morning; the walls looked very dirty. A/C intakes in the halls were filthy.
This colored the rest of my visit, and I was basically uncomfortable during my brief stay. The staff was nice and responsive enough, although not overly friendly, but overall the hotel lacked attention to the basics.

I will not stay again when I come to Houston on business or otherwise.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great location, great staff, but the hotel has poor parking lot security. My vehicle was broken into, items stolen. Houston Police says they have had stake outs trying to catch the folks involved with the issue.....not recommended because of this, I suggest taking the staff to another La Quinta that has a safer parking lot!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

An overnight stay before catching an early morning flight. Very close to PreFlight Parking where I park my car. Clean and comfortable. Large room. Good mattress. Parking somewhat limited. Cost of the room 50% of similar hotels near IAH. Good coffee in AM and reasonable breakfast options. Recommended without reservation.

Room Tip: Close to Preflight parking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

La Quinta Inn & Suites at the AIH Airport in Houston is a convinient hotel for one night stop over. A suttle-bus service is provided, it runs every 30min but you will realise that shuttle-buses from other hotels run more frequently, in fact we had to call the hotel for a pick-up after a long wait. Staff is not very ffriendly and breadfast is quite limited. The rooms are ample and the bed confortable. There is not dinner service although Dominos pizza will delivery to your room. Only a few steps walk and you will find a similiar hotel with bar-restaurant service for nice food and cold drink (including an ATM - should you need to withdraw a few dollars just after landing),

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuanFPerez
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just stopped for the night to visit my daughter on a trip. This hotel provided a shuttle to and from the airport. It was perfect and my room was spacious and clean. Adriana, the desk clerk, was very friendly and very nice each time I saw her. Very clean area and very polite people. LOVE the noon checkout!!! Just perfect!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank megadew1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South? Share your experiences!