“I Cannot Understand The High Ratings”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Ranked #82 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is an average motel room--clean but nothing better than paper cups to drink from. I would have given them an average rating if it weren't for the surly, unhelpful desk clerk. She didn't like my military ID Card and in a very rude tone said she needed a driver's license. I wonder if La Quinta has something against veterans. Later when I asked if they might have a corkscrew she barely looked up and replied "nah!" I then watched the landscapers outside blow leaves against all the cars in the parking lot to include mine. Those that rate this place so highly are welcome to it. I will NEVER return.

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here before and after our flight to Belize. You can park here and take the shuttle to and from the airport for FREE. The place is very clean and professionally ran! The Manager went out of his way for us and I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town. Also makes me want to continue staying at La Quinta at many of the other places I go.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for a 10 hour stop over. We called on arrival to arrange for the shuttle and it arrived immediately. On arrival staff were very pleasant. Room was adequate and clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a great (but short) night sleep. We left early in the morning (530am) but there was some breakfast options already set out for us. The pre-arranged shuttle was waiting for us when we went to the lobby to take us back to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank esbwb
A TripAdvisor Member
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Absolutly great,the service was the best you couldn't ask gor anything morei would recommend over and over again. You can not wish for a better experience. I would ask thd company to book me here every single time,a wonderful experience couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had a 7:15 am flight and I booked this hotel in large part because of favorable reviews on Trip Advisor and because of its proximity to IAH--5 minutes from the rental car facility. We arrived about 10 pm and were checked in within 2 or 3 minutes. The room was comfortable and clean. We got up at 4:45 am to get dressed. Unfortunately, the coffee maker was missing a part and consequently we could not make it in the room. However, although breakfast is officially served from 6 to 9 am, there was fresh coffee in the lobby at 5:15, and they also had oatmeal and grits, so when we boarded the flight, we were not hungry. The only downside was the shower--when my wife showered at night, the hot water was intermittent, and when I showered early morning, it never got very hot.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sej60
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have a demo room I frequently use nearby to train customers on different lines I sell. This hotel is right around the corner from the demo room which is very convenient and has such a relaxed comfortable feel to it for me. The entire staff of this establishment work to make your stay is a nice one. I know I will never be disappointed when I book a room at this hotel. Great pillows too! I usually bring mine from home so I can get a good nites rest but don't need to at this La Quinta.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank taviah2014
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Arrived for one night stay and chose this property based on Trip Advisor reviews and location near IAH. I feel duped. I checked in and was told to go to the end of the first floor hallway to get to the elevator and up to the third floor. This is a design flaw as I shouldn't have to go to the end to get to an elevator and then come back to my room! Next I find my room and turn on the heat since it was cold outside (and in). But the only that blew out of the a/c-heating unit was mildew smell and cold air. I called the desk and they sent maintenance up to "fix" it. As soon as he walked in he got one whiff of the air and called down to let them know I needed a different room. He tried to convince me that someone had spilled perfume in it. Next the receptionist brought me a key to another room which I switched to and immediately turned on the heat...alas, the room never really got heated up. I do not believe they have true heaters.

A few other notes...the elevator had sticky liquid spilled on the floor which was not cleaned by the time I checked out in the morning; the walls looked very dirty. A/C intakes in the halls were filthy.
This colored the rest of my visit, and I was basically uncomfortable during my brief stay. The staff was nice and responsive enough, although not overly friendly, but overall the hotel lacked attention to the basics.

I will not stay again when I come to Houston on business or otherwise.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South? Share your experiences!