“Not as nice as usual”

Ranked #86 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Houston, United States
“Not as nice as usual”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We're regular LQ customers. This is the first time we had trouble. We were in the ADA room on the first floor. Someone next door was smoking in their room (which is not supposed to happen) and it was coming into our room under the door that connected our room to theirs. We reported it on Friday night and the management came to check it. They said they would handle it. But Saturday night it was back again, stronger than on Friday. We reported it again and the employee said it would be handled but we still smelled it in the morning when we left. They offered to move us on Friday but the other ADA room was a long walk, more than I could manage so we decided to stay put, thinking they would handle the situation. Sadly, that didn't happen.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The snack room is WAY over priced, NO sugar free syrup for diabetics or guests who prefer sugar free, internet is lacking and slow, t v cable is out dated. If you just need a room it is a nice room and clean. Staff is polite and knowledgable.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice stay. Clean rooms. Friendly helpful staff. Close to the airport with a prompt shuttle. I work overseas and I stay here 8 times a year during my layover in Houston. The rooms and Beds are very comfortable and I get a good nights sleep in preparation for my long flight in the morning. Breakfast is great and complimentary. The Shuttle to the airport runs every half hour and will have you at the terminal in 10 minutes.

Groves, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had trouble with airport shuttle and being an elite member who stays at LaQuinta monthly we were not happy when we were told there was nothing they could do. I had called in advanced and they assured me I did not need to reserve shuttle. At check in we were told it was first come first serve. Other than that hotel was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Southeast, TX
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff is very friendly, and the hotel is conveniently located near Bush Intercontinental Airport. I have had nothing but good experiences with the La Quinta hotels, and this location is certainly no exception. Kudos!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Galveston, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I parked my car at this LQ located near the Intercontinental Airport, Houston, and went on a one-week-long trip. They will let you park your car at no additional cost, provided that your trip is not too long. My flight was early in the morning, and so I drove to LQ one day before departure, and stay there for the night. In the morning their shuttle took me to the airport. When I came back, the shuttle picked me up, too. It's a hassle-free way of traveling if you live not so close to the airport. The hotel is very clean, and staff is friendly. I usually have a dog with me, and LQ is cool with that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I arrived tired after a 23 hour flight and was happy to find the rooms in great condition.
Great 42" TV and beds were great as expected.
Breakfast was fun - they had a waffle maker in the shape of Texas !!
Next time I need a place by the airport, this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side