“Great place for grandparents with grandkids!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites

Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Ranked #49 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Dunnellon, Florida
“Great place for grandparents with grandkids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed for 5 days with our two grandsons and visited my brother who took us to all of Houstons sights. Shuttle picked us up at airport in less than 10 minutes! Breakfast was great especially for our 8 and 12 year old grandsons. Pool cooled everybody off after dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Natchitoches, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the first time we have used this motel/hotel when flying out of Bush Intercontinental and we were very pleased with the experience. The room and services were very good and staff was very helpful - left our vehicle there in the parking lot and were shuttled to and from the airport making the parking experience very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had an overnight in Houston on our way back to Alberta from Grand Cayman. The shuttle was at the airport within 20 minutes of us contacting the hotel to find out which shuttle was theirs...FYI it's the green van :)
Upon arriving at the hotel, our check in was very smooth, the front desk clerk Samantha was so friendly, suggesting places where we could grab a late night dinner (referring us to her fave Chinese take-out).
All checked in, we headed up to our rooms which were both on the second floor, across the hall from each other...(with a family of six, we had to have two rooms...one was a double queen, and the other was a king with a sofa bed). The rooms are amazing! Very clean, and the bathrooms are ultra modern! The beds were EXTREMELY comfy and cozy with VERY fluffy pillows, you just sank into and wanted to sleep immediately.
Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to swim in the pool, but we did take a walk around the hotel, and everything was very nice and clean.
If you want to be close to the airport, there is a free, less than 10 minute shuttle ride. However, being that close to the airport you also have planes that are either taking off or landing. Outside of the hotel it is very noticeable, but we didn't notice the noise of the planes inside our room at all.
There is also a "convenience store" by the front desk that had a variety of things to purchase, from snacks and drinks to toiletries.
Those were all the positives...the only negative is very minor...there was only enough towels for two people to shower. Most hotels that we have stayed at, will have at least four body towels, and a couple hand towels, and face cloths. Not a big deal, called down to front desk, they had the maid send over extra towels.
All in all, if we are EVER in the Houston area again for another lay over, I guarantee we will be staying at the Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites! :)

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel has a parking lot view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank purpleskye27
Huron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to get a room here after my flight and numerous others were canceled due to weather. This location is a short shuttle ride from IAH. Nice grounds, shuttle, rooms, bed, shower, towels, TV, etc., and at reasonable price considering its location.

I would stay again if I had to due to weather :-) A good, solid choice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MessNmagic
Georgia Coast, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

my overall experience was good. I have only one complaint, I work for a best western so I got a really good employee rate. my flight was delayed and we wasn't going to check in until 1am. I called to see if my friend was able to check in before me using my employee rate, the girl at the front desk said it was fine as long as she had the employee voucher. to make a long story short some lady her named started with a ''J'' jacked the price up to 129 for 3 night authorizing the card tied to fix it the next night and pay for it some in cash and others with cc.. steven said he would fix the rate after telling us the rate was 129 probably b/c we had noise complaints. it was my friends singing "happy birthday" to me.. I know better I work for a hotel!! so as we was trying to pay steven said he couldn't take the payments?? which was crazy because Jeffery(which was very nice and polite) did. we assumed steven shift was almost over and he didn't want to take cash because it was like 10-15 min til his shift was over. after coming in from celebrating my birthday Jeffery was at the desk.. he pulled my res up to find out steven never changed the rate. so we had to wait to pay in the am!! I was starting to think nobody wanted our money! a really pretty girl named started with a "C" took care of it, she was very professional and nice. Antonia at breakfast was a sweety! very helpful. and the shuttle being free was a plus.

Room Tip: if your coming for more than one night don't get a room with a connecting door..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed one night on a connecting flight from Calgary to Belize City. Hotel was clean and modern. Lobby and breakfast area were large and bright. Room was comfortable and quiet. I've never stayed in Houston before so I have no comparisons but I would certainly stay at the Best Western again should the need arise. What more do you need?

Room Tip: We had a first floor room. It was fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bryan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel has a great location if you are flying in or flying out of George Bush International Airport. Checked in late and staff was friendly and helpful. Stayed here when I flew out and liked it so much that I stayed again on my return flight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple