“About worth the 50.00 airline voucher that paid for the room.”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #111 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a result of airline issue. Used airline voucher for free stay or would have chosen other hotel in the area. There are many options close by. I would consider something else. Attached restaurant is very average but has a bar. You will need a couple of drinks to sleep here.

• Stayed: February 2013
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Guest: We're sorry that you were stranded by the airline. It's never a comfortable situation. We recognize that your options may have been limited and that our Brand may not have been your preference. Regardless, we value your business and we always appreciate feedback. Please be assurred that we will continue to work hard for all our Guests and improve wherever we can. We wish you good travels. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Have stayed at many Holiday Inns, for work travel and I have come to have a standard that I expect when I visit.
This one did not meet my expectations. The hotel was very close to the airport, which was convenient for an early morning flight. Other than that it was a very dirty hotel. You could tell they did upgrade it “recently” but it was still lacking. There were mystery stains all over the walls of my room.
The Hotel is supposed to be smoke free but you could smell smoke throughout the corridor of rooms.
Also, it is a very noisy hotel. I could hear trucks driving by all night long.
This is a very busy hotel making the front desk hard to get a hold of and a bit impatient.
The gym was decent. There were two tvs in the room, each received a random collection of channels. There were two pieces of cardio equipment that had tvs but the tvs did not work.
There are many hotels in the area and I would not choose to stay at this one.

1  Thank anf720
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest: thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us in Houston. I'm very sorry that we did not measure up for you. Your comments have been heard and we are taking steps towards specific repair and improvement.
The room wall is an unfortuante error with the touch-up paint varying from the original. Regards no smoking, it is disappointing that there are violators, but when caught they're charged a fee and expelled. The smell can get everywhere and obviously we need to be more assertive in expunding any remaining odor.
Thank you again, I hope you'll forgive us and try us again some day.
Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2013

My second time here in a year. It's alright if you want an IHG property close to Bush Intercontinental Airport with a restaurant.
Room: clean but not particularly special (no fridge).
Bathroom: clean but very small.
Restaurant: I reviewed it last year. Nothing new to report.
Staff: very nice and attentive.
The IHG options in Houston are limited for a major U.S. city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face Beltway 8.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Guest;
Thank you for returning to our hotel again. We really appreciate your business. Your overall comments seem to remain generally favorable- location, restaurant w/attentive staff, clean room & bath. We appreciate your feedback and hope we can continue to be your choice when in the area. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of service.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed here thanks to my corporate travel department and what a dump. My room was nasty dirty. Not olny was the bath tub dirty, but the air vent was covered in dust and gunk. Several lamps in the room were not working and the clock radio was also broken. Worst of all, the smoke detector was broken. Photos attached. If this is what Holiday Inn has become, I'll never stay at another one.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are cleaner and safer.
1  Thank flyairdave
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Guest: We appreciate that you took the time to notify our front desk manager at departure of the challenges. I believe Pamela listened carefully, apologized and made some amends to you and then immediately notified several of our managers, The room was found to have been previously out of order but was turned to vacant-clean prematurely. We have identified who made the error and what re-training steps needed to be taken. As the hotel went from a very slow day to a busy one, this was a mistake made by a housekeeping supervisor who rushed through her responsibility. This is an embarrassing mistake and I believe we’ve already taken steps to avoid any repeat.
I hope you will accept my apologies. I believe we have a very good group of people here and while not perfect, they usually get it right for our guests.
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Second stay here in the last 3 months , clean and location suited our needs. Had an issue with price on web site and price charged watch what your paying per night ,breakfast included but was on the final invoice just as well I checked that aswell.Staff a bit confortable in there surroundings setup and service was " ground hog day " . Don't think i will stay again or recommend to crews.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest; I'm glad that you found the room clean and comfortable and the location very good. As for breakfast included, as a full-service Holiday Inn, breakfast is not automatically included with ever rate. I'm sorry if it created any confusion, but it sounds like we got it cleared to your satisfaction before you departed.
With regards to your comment about 'comfort' in their postion, we do have a down to earth group of people, but hope that we're being comfortable usually in a good way with our Guests.
Regard your comment about 'ground hog' we remain perplexed by the meaning and hope it was related to the day of your stay.
Please consider trying us again. We have many long time customers and we'd like to earn your trust too.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed here after our United flight was canceled. My first impression from the outside was this was going to be a nightmare. I was wrong. The motel is older, but the employees were OUTSTANDING!! These people were the friendliest, most helpful, pleasant bunch that I have experienced in some time. Starting with the front desk and including the restaurant staff........they were great! Kathy and Salvadore waited on us in the restaurant and did as good a job as I have experienced. They should be commended. Our meals were delicious.
Hats off to the hiring and training staff!! In a world where service is virtually non existent, what a pleasant experience at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback about our staff. I believe we have a really good team that tries its best to be friendly & helpful, and we're glad it showed. You can be assured that the employees named will be recognized for their efforts! I hope you can find a way to stay with us again, although not due to an airline delay. Thank you again & continued good travels to you! Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Last minute trip so i booked this hotel and I would advise to check around first... Hotel staff was nice and friendly Pamela was very nice and she would remember the subway sandwich?? The room was average ad the bed was wonderful. Food was good I thought the Salmon would be bigger since I was in Texas?? Server was great.. Maybe if the price was lower then it would be a great 3 star Inn..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest; we appreciate the feedback, and are very glad that you found the staff friendly, particularly Pamela. We appreciate also knowing that the bed was wonderful, the restaurant food good & our server great. As a hotel and a brand we strive to be reliable and consistant for our Guests, but most importantly friendly and helpful. We're glad that you stayed with us. Your comments are being shared with the staff! Thanks!