“Quiet and Clean”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #85 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Quiet and Clean”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

United booked us into this Holiday Inn after we volunteered to give up our seats on an overbooked flight. Not having stayed at a Holiday Inn in probably 45 years, I wondered how the motel would be. When we arrived we were greeted cordially and then allowed to go directly to our room, one with a king bed on the fifth floor. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The bath was clean. Obviously, this motel has been renovated recently. Throughout the night the halls were quiet. If you're used to sleeping on a very firm bed, you will enjoy a good night's rest. We've become so used to our memory foam mattress topper that I awakened frequently throughout the night with sore shoulders. We had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant before heading to the airport aboard the Holiday Inn's shuttle that departed promptly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your very nice comments. We're glad that you found th hotel to be quiet and clean. The staff works very hard to keep it this way despite being a very busy hotel. We really appreciate your business and hope that you can visit with us again. Smooth travels! Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have a corporate account at this hotel as I find the service by the front desk personnel very good .
I specially thank Lillian and Angela who helped out today when I was stuck awaiting a taxi to get back to the hotel ; I called them they immediately arranged for a cab to bring me to the hotel. This is one of many instances when I have been helped by these two.
The food at the restaurant is also quite good; it would help if they added some Chinese / Indian spicy dishes to their menu

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Astor D
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about your services. We're very proud of Angela and will recognize her efforts. We hope you can visit with us again when in Houston and want to wish you smooth travels! Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Utah
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is a very average, somewhat dated, hotel. Its proximity to the airport is its best feature. The Good Eats restaurant attached to the hotel had good food and was convenient to grab a bite to eat on a short overnight stay. Rooms were clean, but some of the corners had missed the mops and vacuums. Shuttle to the airport was regular and convenient. A good value, but for nothing much more than a short overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanders2of2
Dear Guests: Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing the very nice comments about the shuttle services, the Good Eats restaurant, and the comfort of your room. We value your business very much and hope you might be able to visit with us again when in Houston. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Kingsville, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

United Airlines put us up in this hotel as we missed our connecting flight to Detroit due to plane difficulties. The shuttle to and from the airport was excellent and travelled regularly. The staff, especially Lilian at the hotel were great and the check in was very fast especially with a whole van load arriving at once. The restaurant at the hotel was just as amazing. We had both dinner and breakfast buffet there. Under the circumstances of us being delayed in getting back home, the experience at this hotel made it worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests: We hope you have only smooth travels in your future but we're glad we could come through with you when you had flight difficulties recently. We believe we have a good staff here and we're very glad that they could come through for you. Hope you can stay with us in Houston again, but perhaps on a mini-vacation? Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 April 2014

All staff wonderful from Jose at front desk to Ruby in restaurant..all very helpful courteous amd polite...Thankyou for making my stay enjoyable. All very accomadating and cheerful. Everyone said hello

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest; Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about your stay. We are very proud of the efforts by Jose and Ruby and glad that they made a difference for you. We wish you smooth travels in your future and hope you can stay with us again! Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Orange, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Miss Angela at the counter was the nicest clerk. Most courteous and polite , professional person I have ever experienced when checking in at any hotel. Our stay was very nice. All the employees were very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes staying in a quality hotel, good job.

Room Tip: we were on the bottom floor and it was still quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest: we really appreciate that you took the time to share your wonderful feedback about your visit, in particular the great job Angela did for you. She is a very important part of our team and we're glad it showed! Smooth travels, and we hope you can visit us again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Lyman, Wyoming
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Anna at the front desk is an amazing lady. Went over and beyond. As I have never been in a cab I was asking for her help on what to do how to get a cab and all that stuff the following day. She went out of her way to call the cab company and schedule me to pick up for the next day. I had told him that I was scared of getting in a cab and it was my first time. SHe made me feel really good about it and gave me the cell phone number of my cabdriver and name and helped me through it. The next day he was there he was wonderful. And made my ride worth it. I know it may seem little to you all. But for being in a huge city from a small town. It means the world to us to have that kind of customer service so for Anna and my cabdriver José thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it a little easier for me to comfortable

Room Tip: Make sure if your gonna be here a while I suggest rooms with fridges which I did not get, also my ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful service story about Anna. Please be assurred that she will be recognized for her efforts. Anna certainly sets an excellent example of guest service for our staff and we're so glad that it showed. We wish you smooth travels in your future and we hope you might stay with us again in the future. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, Genera Manager.