“Friendly Staff”

Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #251 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here because I had no where else to go. A friendly gentlemen at the front desk was very helpful. His name I believe was Calvin. He was very attentive and very generous in making sure I had everything I needed even though he had been injured recently. He helped me get in touch with a cab driver who was very nice and took me everywhere that the shuttle did not provide transportation to. The shuttle driver (Aurora) took me to eat and had very good conversation. Hotel was very clean and quiet during my 2 days there. Calvin made the best of the situation for me and should be deemed "Ambassador as he knows all of the hot spots and good places around Houston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the B side of the hotel facing courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Damien M

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The room was clean and really quite nice. The bathroom was very clean. That is not what set this hotel apart in our minds...it was the service. Because of the unexpected influx of people from an early arriving cruise ship (which we were on) the hotel shuttle was running very slowly. The manager, Alberto Hernandez, saw that we had been waiting a while and decided to personally shuttle us to a long term parking lot to retrieve our car. He had plenty to do, i'm sure, but he chose to serve us in this way. And, he did it with a very pleasant attitude and a beautiful smile!! It is wonderfully refreshing to get this kind of service. Thank you, Alberto!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dougiepoo54
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of my property! We strive to always keep the guest's needs and concerns our top priority, and as a GM I'm very proud to lead my team in this effort in any way that I can--including by example! I'm glad to have been of service and I hope you'll consider staying with us again should you ever return to Houston.

Regards,

Alberto Hernandez

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here for one night after returning to Bayport Cruise Terminal early. Room was paid for by Princess Cruises. Comfortable room and beds. Room temperature was easily adjusted to a cool 63 degrees. Thermostat limiter easy to override, typical Inncom unit. Shower pressure was great, with plenty of hot and cold water. Front desk staff including the General Manager were very friendly and welcoming. I was a bit concerned about the fencing and gates for the parking lot. (Never a good sign!) No problems with overnight parking. True, not many "upscale" restaurants, but the shuttle quickly whisked our party of eight to a nearby Pappa's BBQ for a hearty lunch. The shuttle appeared quite new.

I would stay here again, but be sure to hide any and all valuables when parking.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard have the better view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SWDurham
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your assessment of the guest room. We enjoy seeing guests discuss our strengths to other viewers. We are glad we had the pleasure to serve you and we met your expectations. I do apologize that you were not completely comfortable with our fence. We are along a major highway, so the fence distances us from the highway hustle. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Good hotel. Great Lobby and good clean rooms at reasonable rate and convent to Hobby Airport.
Good service with the shuttle service transporting us to a local shopping center and to a local restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 January 2014

First, this property is less than five minutes from the Hobby terminal so it is very convenient. The staff here is off the chart and does a great job taking care of any of your needs. This is an older property that has been remodeled and they did a great job. Don't plan on any nice restaurants in the immediate area. All in all I was pleased.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HOUHBCourtyardGM, Owner at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad my staff gave you stellar service and accommodated your needs and requests. We appreciate the positive feedback on the remodeling we did a few years back, that is always our goal, to please the guests. Your feedback is critical to our success. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Many Thanks,
Alberto Hernandez

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here after flying into Houston. A very good stay typical of other Courtyard properties. Entrance was somewhat difficult to find since it is not accessible from Gulf Freeway, but Gulf Freeway does make this hotel very accessible to shopping and dining in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com