“GAG!”

Ranked #273 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa, OK
“GAG!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When my 11 year old walks in the room, and the first thing they ask is "Does this place have housekeeping?", you know the place is nasty. The shower was filthy, the carpets were sticky when we walked on them in our bare feet, and the bedspread and linens had cigarette burns in them.....and it was a non smoking room. We just needed a place to lay our heads for the night, and we just slept, then got up, took a shower with our flip flops on because of the nasty shower, and then left. I booked this motel because the reviews were so good, but I think the positive reviews are made up. The motel is just by the airport, which is nice. If you want a clean and comfortable place to stay, spend a few more dollars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank crlillian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
McAllen, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I am in Houston frequently, and I'm usually by myself on my motorcycle. I got tired of staying in my usual place due to the bad neighborhood it was in, so I started looking around Hobby Airport as that is handy to where I need to be.

I was pleasantly surprised. The room, while not brand new, was very clean, the bathroom sparkling and everything worked fine - bed was very comfortable too. One thing I liked in particular was the fenced and well lit parking area where I could chain my motorcycle and not worry about it. My Internet connection was strong and fast.

I didn't rate the breakfast simply because I had other breakfast plans, but I'll be back because the price is right and the place is very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Doug Y
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had to come to Houston on business and wanted to stay in a hotel that was convenient to the Interstate and Hobby Airport. Our flight was early morning and we did not want to have to fight Houston's traffic. This hotel is very near Interstate 45 and about
a mile from the airport. Noise? Not a sound was heard in the room and even the outside was quiet. When we left to go to the airport, it was so convenient.

The room was clean and large for a hotel room. In the room we had a refrigerator with a freezer and a microwave. The beds were comfortable providing for a good night's sleep. The continental breakfact consisted of a variety of pastries and a make your own waffle (shaped like Texas and simply delicious!).

The staff was cordial and provided any assistance needed. When you walked in the door, they were immediately at the counter. When I had problem with printing my boarding pass, they provided instant assistance.

Would I stay again? I would and will. When you compare price and the accommodations, I certainly was pleased.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martha5552013
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

this hotel was able to accommodate us family of 4 was an emergency not enough time to reserve however the online prices were honored and management were very friendly offered assistance right away has a nice clean room for 5 days with bran new appliances great place to commute and shopping with the comfort of a awesome place to rest and have the perfect night sleep .... may I need to add more ....zaida flores

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Tx
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel was very clean. Our room was large and we parked right outside our room.
That was the one thing I did not like about the motel. All the room entrances were to the outside. Breakfast selection was very poor. The coffee was from a machine (like a vending machine but did not take money) and was not good coffee. There were two trees in the parking area that were pretty much butchered as they had been severely pruned.
Beds were comfortable, had a good night's sleep.
The value was OK but I would stay elsewhere next time I visit Houston.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

I have low expectations when I have to stay in the Econo Lodge brand of Choice Hotels. I was pleasantly surprised by this property. Great value and great location if your headed out oh Hobby. The only disappointment was the breakfast set-up. Poor slections and bad presentation. Would it kill the franchise to put out equal or Splenda?

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jmcolker
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Needed a place to stay for a short night before catching an early morning plane and this place was just what I needed. Comfortable, clean and quiet enough for a good sleep. Would not recommend this place for more than a place to sleep though.

My only complaint was that they gave only 2 pillows for a King Size Bed, although when I went and asked for more, it was not an issue and they gave me a couple extra.

Got up too early to try the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple