“Owner needs help in all areas of ownership!!!!”

Galleria Inn & Suites
Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #440 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Fort Worth
“Owner needs help in all areas of ownership!!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I checked-in to this hotel late from a job site that I was working on. In the morning I asked, if I could possibly get a late check out since I had arrived late. The front desk associate (which was the owner) said, " NO, You have to check out at 11 am. I said, that is fine I understand, "I do not mind spending extra money for another night. So, he decides to tell me, NO, your rate is too low your paying nothing for this room (Yelling at me that is). I wondered to myself you all are the ones that set the rates and pricing not me. I asked to speak to the manager, and he has the nerve to tell me, screw the manager im the owner. I said i will be leaving this building now. I have never in my life been treated with so much disrespect not even my parents treated me this way. Yelling and ranting about the rates the hotel sets is not my problem. All in all the rate was $65 nightly rate which actually is a fair rate for this type of hotel. This stay was not worth 1 penny of my time and the hotel it self is in very bad condition. I do not think I should pay money to hear the things I heard from this property owner at the quality inn in westchase location. BEWARE OF CONDITION OF HOTEL AND STAFF ESPECIALLY THE OWNER.

Room Tip: Nothing good about this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Mit P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

"Roach Motel". Stayed here because I've stayed here before and it was ok, it's amazing how a place can change in a years time. The place was run down like the management or owners don't care. And I saw many roaches(5 my first day), not a good feeling. Pool was murky, tiles in walkways missing, walkways had build up of dirt and could have used a good sweeping or maybe even power washed. Holes in the bedroom walls, empty frames hanging in room, even a bracket with nothing on it. Ice Machine was so dirty, believe that is a Health Dept violation. My last day talked with someone at front desk and they said their changing the name of hotel, I can see why. Sometimes felt like I was the only one staying there, only 2 cars in lot. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Raul M
Singapore
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, arrived at mid-night and left very early next morning. Given such a short stay, the experience is terrible.

When we arrived, the receiption is locked up, waited for a while before anyone comes to check us in. After I got into the room, it is not clean at all. The bed sheet is stained, and you can still smell cigarette. But I am too tired to do anything about it, I just wanted to crash in, so I went to take a shower. The water pressure is terrible, so I barely finished my shower.

When I got up the next morning, I only had time to get a quick bite from their breakfast. But it is the worst I have seen, so I walked away without taking anything, and left this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank dtai010
Wichita
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I am writing this review because I honestly am concerned for future human beings wanting a hotel room. I stayed at this hotel to spend some quality time with wife, children, and our most beloved chihuahua. Time is precious because my wife is serving our great country in the military and we will not be seeing her for a very long time. With that being said, we arrived at this hotel and I was immediately embarrassed to have us staying at this hotel. We stay here anyways to make the best of it and the poor service continued throughout the stay. We have four people in our family and our room had two dingy towels in it. We ask the hotel for extra towels and they say they have none, and they tell us to talk to a cleaning lady instead of handling it themselves and bringing us towels. We asked for the internet password so that we could use the wifi and the manager gets angry that what he told us was not working. He kept giving us the name of the connection instead of the password and insisted that we were entering it incorrectly. We had no ice bucket in our room, so I had to go to the front desk and ask for one and they have no extra ones. I had to go find a cleaning lady and tell her we need to get an ice bucket from another room. I follow her to several rooms before we finally find a room with an ice bucket. We had a strange box under our bed tha was plugged into the outlet for some reason, making my family nervous and scared at would it could be. Our bathroom door could not be shut completely. The breakfast in the morning was plain consisting of two kinds of cereal, some dry biscuits with nothing to put on them and not enough waffle batter to make a waffle for everyone in my family. The worst part of it all we go out for the day for some family time and when we return to the hotel our beloved chihuahua that I gave to my wife for her birthday and that has been a huge part of our family for over six years is missing from our hotel room. We inform the front desk that our dog is missing and they say that they did not even go in that room, and yet they try to blame us for not having a Do Not Disturb sign up. First of all, there was no Do Not Disturb sign in our room to use, what a shock right? We got more towels from the cleaning lady as my son and chihuahua are standing next to me and we tell her that we do not need our room serviced. We search the whole neighborhood for our lost chihuahua and finally find him dead on a sidewalk from being hit by a car on the busy road about a half of a block from the hotel. The manager shown no remorse for what happened and just wants to blame me and my family. They could have called me to let me know when they let him out and I could have been there to save his life, instead they do nothing and don't have any feelings for us. After all this he says all that he can do is refund one lousy nights stay at this nightmare of a hotel! Please listen to me when I say, Please DO NOT STAY ONE NIGHT IN THIS HOTEL. Even if all the hotels in Houston are booked up, you would be safer staying in your own vehicle.

Room Tip: I rented a double queen room and a hot tub room and both were terrible. Don't rent any rooms fro...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My week stay in Houston was to be amazing. My mother had come from fort hood on a week long military break to see her family and pet chihuahua. Our stay in the hotel was ABSOLUTE HELL. We had two towels in the room, and when we asked for more, we were told there were no more towels. On friday night (11-6-11) we left to see the space center for a few hours. On our way out the door, the spanish cleaning lady was told to absolutely not enter hour room. The "do not disturb" signs were missing. When we came back to greet our happy little puppy, we found him missing. Immediatly distressed, we searched the neighborhoods (unknown to us, we're all from wichita) for hours before finding him DEAD in a plastic bag near a bus stop. Sebastion (our dog) was securely in his room before we left, and there were no signs of forced entry. One of those people let our dog out, and none of them would confess to it. If I had only seen this site, my dog would still be alive. Now, an American soldier has to go to Iraq with the stress of a recently lost loved one, and it's the fault of the Westheimer Quality Inn. Do NOT stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
7 Thank Djscribble10
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The worst place to stay in Houston has to be this place. Roaches and bugs everywhere and the lights wouldn't come on when I first got in the room. It's located behing an adult bookstore and is in a very shady area. The managers is a tool. He refused to give me a refund for staying no more than 10 minutes in the room. Everything about this place is bad! If I could poist pictures of the dirty comforter, the dead roaches, and the filth in the room, I would in a heartbeat.

Also, Choice Hotels response was apathetic at best. It's like the know this place is a dump but refuse to do anything about it. BTW, the manager's last name is Patel and if you want anything from him be prepared to be abused.

I want to hear back from the President and CEO of Choice Hotels and I want him to spend the night in one of these rooms and see what he thinks. He'd bolt just like I did and stay at the Marriott in heartbeat. He/She needs to explain how this property maintains the Choice Hotel Brand. I would be ashamed to call this one of my properties. Do us all a favor and bulldoze the place down and send Mr. Patel to anger management classes.

Room Tip: Take Raid Bug Spray and bleach.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Hector A
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 May 2011

If you are looking for a dirty, shady hotel then this is the place. Rooms are filthy, towels stained and looks as if they had not been washed in years. This is not the quality that Choice Hotels offers. The hotel is located behind a strip mal, and the hotel lobby was the first red flag! Ceiling was falling in over check in counter and you could smell the musty odor of mold and standing water. Words cannot describe how horrid the rooms were. I tried to sit at the "desk" (table) in the room and it was so broken down it could barely hold my laptop. No internet service in the rooms so I had to use the computer in the lobby to book a room somewhere else. That is after one of the neighborhood kids was done surfing the web. Management was horrible. When I did try and speak with him he was on the phone yelling at Choice customer service for yet another complaint and guest that had also checked out early. The manager/owner tried to charge me for a two night stay when I told him we were not staying. He did charge me $58.00 for a one hour stay! I phoned Choice Hotels and they sent me a check for the same amount since they could not credit my account. Choice Hotels are planning to pull their affiliation from this hell hole. Drive the extra two miles and stay somewhere safe and clean!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead of here.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business