“Good service offered by MD Anderson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International

Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International
Ranked #84 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Midland, Texas
“Good service offered by MD Anderson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Rotary House is a full service hotel managed by Marriot for MD Anderson. The hotel is attached by sky bridge to the MD Anderson cancer center. The hotel has a full service restaurant, snack bars, gift shops and room service. It's nice to be able to have a hotel that understands the special needs of the patients staying there. The valet staff and front desk are very helpful. They are accommodating to ever changing health needs such as Dr appointment changes and stay extensions.

Room Tip: The front desk makes arrangements for mobility challenged.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Lori,

Thank you for the informational review that you have posted on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time out to share the key points about our hotel. Our staff is compiled of unique individuals that carry a genuine trait to understand and be compassionate towards the guests that stay at the Rotary House. We hope that we can continue to serve you at our best for all of your future stays!

Best regards,

Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

An exceptional place to stay. Personnel are extremely helpful and nice. Very clean. Located and attached to MD Anderson (a real plus). Beautiful grounds. Ask for a corner room-a bit more quiet, and it has a "suite" feel to it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Rnvball,

It brings us great joy to receive such a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time out to provide valuable feedback on our hotel. We hope that you will continue to choose the Rotary House on your future endeavors.

Regards,

Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first time at the Rotary house. For anyone going there, you know it will not be for pleasure, this is probably one place I hope I never have to go back, not because of the hotel but because my Husband has a clean bill of health,

Rotary house does an amazing job at trying to make a bad situation good. Every person we came into contact with was wonderful. From checking in, to asking for directions to nearby restaurants.

We had some premature hopes that we were going home early. Even went as far as to check out of the hotel. Ended up my husband wasn't released until 6pm and the dr, wanted us to stay in the area. Called rotary house and was able to get a room and they even gave us our original room back to us. No questions asked. They just made it happen. To me that was amazing.

The common areas of hotel were very nice well maintained. Lots of areas to sit and just relax. The days we were there, something was going on each afternoon, from bingo, movies, to singing groups. Always something to look forward to. There are also some amazing outdoor areas. It is landscaped in such a way you can sit and the traffic on the road is not even a thought. When in fact you are only feet away from a busy street.

The laundry area was nice and very well kept. Very close to the elevators and easily accessed.

The one thing that keeps Rotary house from getting 5 stars are the rooms. The rooms are very dated. The room we had was a decorators nightmare. Not a single thing matched. The 80's called and they want their furniture back. The only nice thing about the room was the bed coverings, very nice and soft.

Would I stay again? Yes in a heartbeat, it was nice to be so close to the hospital. Not having to drive and fight the traffic was worth it. Plus I loved having the support of everyone there. from the staff to other guest. A very loving and warm place. Just upgrade the room furnishings and this place would be perfect!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jackkip
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your experience and feedback about our hotel and staff. I'm thrilled to hear how our team took care of you and you enjoyed your visit with us and find the location convenient. I will be sure to pass this along to our team.. I’m also excited to inform you that we have a renovation planned for 2015 in which addresses some of your feedback.

Best,
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at Rotary House after my 7 year old had surgery at MDA. She loved the hotel and the staff was amazing, on par with what I expect from Marriott even though it is not owned by Marriott. One employee had seen my daughter eating ice cream earlier in the day in the hotel and when we went to buy some fresh fruit, he told her it was his treat for her -- it is the little touches like that which can make a such a positive impact on what is a scary time for both the parents and child and it certainly made my day. Our room was clean, quiet, and you cannot beat the convenience to MDA. Overall, a great experience and we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BJ C
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
BJC,

We are thrilled to hear of your experience at our hotel and the service that you received. Our staff understands that small things do make a difference in such difficult times.

I will be sure to share your feedback and comments with the hotel staff in regards to the service you experienced. We hope that you will choose our hotel again if you plan to return in the future.

Best Regards,

Bruce S.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed there while being a patient at MD Anderson in 2012. Never bothered to write a review because I didn't find it worth my time but I was urged to do so.

First off, do they wash their bed covers, EVER? I accidentally put the cover in between my laptop and my face and was able to use it as a black light and see all the stains. Considering this hotel is used primarily for patients...all those body fluid stains...I'm scarred for life being somewhat of a germaphobe.

Secondly, I made a local call, but was charged as if it were long distance. I even called the front desk prior asking of the area code I needed to call was going to be charged as local and was told it was.

They refused to reduce the charge and didn't do anything about the bed cover...will never go to this hotel again...I would rather sleep outside if I ever have to go back to MD Anderson.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Stevetreb
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello Stevetreb,

Thank you for your feedback on your previous stay with us. The Rotary House takes pride in maintaining the highest level of cleanliness for our guests. Although we’re uncertain of which year you are referring to, within the last two years, we have changed the entire bedding package as a laser focus on our guestrooms. We can assure you that the cleanliness standards are of extreme importance to our staff.

In addition, all of the in-room telephones were upgraded as well. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you again in the future and appreciate your valuable input.

Regards,

Bruce S
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Operated by Marriott in supurb fashion. Very good food and terrific staff. It is there for the cancer patients at M D Anderson and they treat everone special. We have been using them for seven years and they remain consistant. Bargain rates for a Marriott quality room. It is the most booked facility in Houston and is usually booked two weeks ahead.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OldBayTexas
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Hello OldBay Texas,
Thank you so very much for the kinds words regarding your recent experience with us! It is always wonderful to learn that we delivered an exceptional experience to one of our guests. We strive to be more than just a place to sleep and it looks like my team provided you with highest levels of service to accomplish this. I plan to share you feedback with the team at this week’s staff meeting to recognize them on a job well done. I look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
Best,
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a bunch and I have stayed in almost every other hotel in the area. Hands down, this hotel is the best for MD anderson patients.

I think the restaurant, gym and pool/spa are great. My room is also very clean and the bed is clean and comfortable with newer materials.

The room is a bit outdated, but it's just aesthetics.

I didn't like my shower head, but that's about it. Great service at the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bruce S, Manager at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hello dredma1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel and the kind words about our service. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that our hotel offers. In addition, the Rotary House will undergo an entire hotel room’s renovation within this coming year. This upgrade will also include a brand new re-designed bathroom. We sincerely value your input and look forward to the next opportunity to host you at our hotel once again.

Best regards,