“Pleasant hotel ”

Ranked #96 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasant hotel ”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Pretty nice hotel for it class and cost. I something get spoiled staying in the finest hotels around and when I have to stay in a run of the mill hotel I can get disappointed, however it would not be fair to rate this hotel against a four or five star $500 night hotel. This hotel is clean, has great service, and the staff has a lot of pride in their work. Carpet smells good as well

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
MileMoore, thank you for taking a moment to share feedback regarding your stay! While not a 5-star property, we like to provide lots of value to our guests, including complimentary Starbucks in our lobby every weekday morning - and always a friendly face when you return! We hope to see you again soon.

Warmly,

Brian Dell'Ergo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights:(weekend)

I only have one con: we paid a lot of tolls to get around. Location of the the hotel is next to the toll so my Gps only recognized tolls. I learned how to turn "avoid tolls" the last day I was there.

The pros!! Soo many. Customer service was phenomenal! The leadership of Brian and his leadership is great! Alexandria one of the front desk representative was beyond amazing! Her skills to guide us and to just speak to customers is wonderful. I led my share of employees and seeing someone like Alexandria on a team is something any boss should be proud of! Kesha was good as well. I didn't get to have a lot of encounters with her as much as Alexandria but they are both great! I recommend this as a go-to place for customer service!

The rooms, they were clean and neat. It has a desk overlooking outside. Another con is the television set kept turning off and it just seems like it doesn't want to work. We called the front desk and even after a guy fixed it we were having problems with the volume and not changing channels. We just wanted to watch the NFL one evening. The bathroom was beautiful, room was beautiful-clean and organized. The milk that was meant for coffee was spoiled. Other than that housekeeping was doing a great job!

Check-out and check-in was simple and no wait...
There is a restaurant downstairs if you don't want to go out...

Overall, great experience! Will highly recommend!!

Thank you Sheraton for this opportunity!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Liz G, thank for you your feedback! We are very fortunate to have a great team here and I am glad you had multiple days to enjoy our property and the area. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I hope you come see us again soon at the Sheraton Houston West Hotel!

Caracas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was a great experience to stay at this hotel, it was really confortable and there was good services, specially the attentions and politeness from many workers as Luis Espinoza, the driver Hernestor and Adriana who help me during my stay at the hotel.I'll definitely recommend this to all my colleagues. Thank you very much.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Clearwater
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nicely laid out, spacious and had everything you would need.
With its location you'll definitely need a car, but it is nearby the highway so easy to access if you're on the West side of Houston.

Aside from very comfortable rooms, the exercise facilities were the best that I have seen in a hotel for a while. They have lots of free weights, a proper bench press, a great machine, and various running machines, medicine balls etc. Pretty spacious gym actually. Also have a nice pool right near and jacuzzi.
I personally like to have a good gym as I'm on the road a lot, so it meant a lot to me.

I didn't have the breakfast here, but it looked like there is good selection in a buffet during the week (which they don't have on the weekend I was informed, but you can order alacarte).

Room Tip: Pool, Gym etc. are on 1st floor just behind reception area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Check in was quick. Hotel has a nice lobby with a lounge and bar. Room was nice, clean and fairly good sized. Linens were nice, smelled fresh and clean. Airconditioner worked quite well and was not too loud. TV was OK, had to work to get a good angle for the remote to work. No refridgerator or microwave oven in room. Room had a shower only, no tub. You must use your room key to use elevator... Ample parking, however, grass island in the parking lot could be a muddy challenge on a rainy day if you have to park on the far side of the lot as there is no walk way to traverse the island and it's a long walk to go around it. Good location, just off of the Sam Houston Tollway, about 3.4 miles north of Interstate 10. No extra perks to set this hotel apart from any other. Pros: Clean, Comfortable; good location Cons: None.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Nontexan, thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers! I really appreciate your insight and I am glad to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us! I love your idea regarding some pavers in our parking lot planter areas; we will look in to that right away as it is an excellent suggestion. I will also note that we do gladly provide a refrigerator and microwave combination to our guests; just let us know when you make your reservation or when you check in, and we will gladly deliver a unit to your room! Thank you once again for your feedback, safe travels, and we hope to see you back at the Sheraton Houston West Hotel in the near future.

sheratonhoustonwest@sheraton.com
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious. The location is close enough to walk to nearby businesses and there is a nice bar area for informal meetings after work. The hotel also has free parking, and has complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby during breakfast.

All in all, a great hotel for business travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Wozniak76, thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We just added some great new furniture to our lobby lounge that makes it a perfect place to unwind after a long day, and we will be adding several new televisions in the lounge as well. We will continue to work to exceed your expectations with each and every stay!

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

sheratonhoustonwest@sheraton.com
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on business a few times. Its close by to my work so I can walk. The hotel room is clean, staff are helpful and the food good. What more can you ask for?

The only downside is that apart from a MacDonalds there is nothing around that you can walk to as an alternative meal or drink. In saying that there is a shuttle bus service available.

On my last visit I transferred to the Four Points to get more nightlife and eating options. Not a patch on the Sheraton Houston West.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Specialist1, thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our associates. While we recognize that there is not an excessive number of restaurants within walking distance, we do encourage our guests to utilize our complimentary 5-mile radius shuttle service, which includes several great pockets for dining and nightlife. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future!

Warm regards,