“business stay”

Sheraton Houston West
Ranked #52 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 28 May 2014

nice hotel and good service. the receptionists are kind and willing to assist. Internet works pretty well in the room, the swimming pool is small but good enough for a swim. food is good. too bad that's not a 24-hour room service but you can pick a restaurant from their list and order. delivery is pretty quick. they provide free transportation to the offices around the hotel. they also provide picking up services at the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Elizabeth, thank you very much for sharing your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our front office team strives to provide a warm welcome to each and every guest, so I am glad to hear that you felt that upon your arrival!

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the use of our complimentary shuttle, which offers transportation up to 5 miles radius from the hotel. For the clarification of other readers, I would note that we do not offer complimentary airport shuttle but we are glad to make arrangements for transportation to or from either of the major airports in Houston at reasonable rates.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Upon check in the staff was friendly and informative and quickly got us to our room. Overall a decent sized room with comfortable beds and pillows. Room was also clean and we'll maintained. My only negative is that the elevators are a major hassle. You need your room key to get on every floor. On top of that, we also stayed on the third floor and the ice machines are on 2 and 4. We had to go down to floor 1 and then back up to 2 just to get ice. Hot tub was also super cold which very enjoyable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Matt S, thank you for taking the time to share you experience! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of our hotel and that our associates took great care of you during your stay. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the elevators; we do require the use of your key to access the guestroom floors to maintain a safe and secure environment for all of our guests.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and spa, which are heated to approximately 80 and 100 degrees respectively!

Please come visit us again soon - we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The staff was friendly and professional and they went out of their way to be of service. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained. We stayed on the "Club" floor and we enjoyed the free drinks, snacks and breakfast. We will definitely stay here again, if visiting this part of Houston.

Room Tip: Club room floor was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank disneyland-fan2011
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

disneyland-fan2011, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read it as we know that our people can make all the difference. I will share your comments with our entire team as they work very hard to exceed our guests expectations with each and every stay. We look forward to welcoming you home to the Sheraton Houston West Hotel next time your travel brings you our way.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Have stayed here twice now.
This hotel has great location for business needs in west Houston and is easy to get to off the beltway.
Not a lot of amenities in the immediate area and the restaurant at the hotel can get very repetitive on a limited choice for anyone staying there for multiple nights - will need to travel to get more choice.
The rooms are OK, but like a previous reviewer- wall mounted a/c units are not to be expected from this brand of hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GOMS2013
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

GOMS2013, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your stay and I am pleased that you found our location near the Beltway 8 and Interstate 10 convenient. We would be glad to hear recommendations for the menu, as we know that eating well during travel is important to our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at SHW.GM@sheraton.com at any time.

Thank you again for your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Houston West Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed here several times during my stay in Houston over the last year. It is not close to the Bush International Airport, so I will recommend this hotel if you have want to stay on the west side of Houston. I stayed on the SPG floor which has the SPG Club, good for breakfast in the morning. I had overall good experience at this Sheraton. Staff is friendly and the restaurant in the hotel serves decent dinner.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

MonsoonPhoto2014, thank you for taking a moment to share your review here on TripAdvisor. We are honored to be your hotel of choice when in West Houston. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton Club - which provides a great way to start and conclude each day with complimentary hot breakfast, evening appetizers and beverages, and energizing snacks throughout the day. Please come see us again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at this property for a family wedding. We were a large gathering and the staff went out of their way to see that we were accommodated for rooms and meals over our three night stay. The hotel is convenient for travel to anywhere in the greater Houston area. Though a smaller hotel, all of the amenities you need are available. The staff that we encountered all were friendly, professional, and knowledgable.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors and back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiamarie2014

Tiamerie2014, thank you very much for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed hosting your family for this very special occasion and we hope that should your travels ever bring you back to the Houston area, that you will return to your home away from home at the Sheraton Houston West Hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night at this location. Easy to get to, and easy to access the beltway toll road. Plenty of parking.

The hotel.. Well.. Let's say it is not what I expected from the Sheraton brand.

The room I had was on the third floor, and instead of central air / heating, you have the delight of a wall unit that is loud.. Tried to set the fan on low, but there was only two settings that the unit understands, off and loud. Bring ear plugs, but that still does not help.

Additionally, there is a musty smell to the rooms.... You get use to it but it is pretty bad.

I am disappointed, thought I find a new SPG hotel to take advantage of, but no dice. Between the loud wall a/c unit and the smell.. I think I would rather drive in Houston rush hour traffic than stay at this location again.

If you have a choice, find another Location or property.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GB_InTexas
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

GB_InTexas, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Please know that this is not to our standards either and I will be taking the time to review both the noise and odor you experienced personally and looking at how we may improve both for future guests. Please do not hesitate to email me directly if I may do anything to reearn your business when traveling to Houston.