“Had a great stay.”

Ranked #44 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Forks, United States
“Had a great stay.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. The food was great and so was the service. I would highly recommend this Hotel! The only downside was our GPS had a hard time finding the location but that was not the fault of the hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hard to find at first, not close to many good restaurants, but very clean, friendly, and updated. Was just in Europe - housekeeping service is not to those standards with the "little touches", but good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We will use your feedback to make improvements in our operation. We hope to see you back soon.
Albuqerque, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Huston for the first time. We stayed at the Double Tree and were very impressed by the friendliness of the gentlemen at the front desk. He greeted us with a warm smile and cookie. The room was extremely clean and the beds were super comfy. The hotel was one of the highlights of our trip!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Sept 30th - There was a local water main break and we were told at 3 pm it would be back on within 2 hours... after continually checking all night (no water to use toilet or shower) and they provided TWO mini bottles of water). I called at midnight and asked about the “contingency plans” and she laughed and said 'we don’t have one- what do you mean?” I said like take a list of names of guests that want a call at 5am if there is no water – so they can move?” she just pomised it wodul be back on. Needless to say I woke at 5am and there was NO WATER. I immediately called to check out and was shocked they charged me my full room rate or even at ALL... I didn’t have time to argue - but also shocked points weren’t given as a gesture of good will. NOTHING! I took the only cab that was parked outside (there should have been a line of them for all the people leaving)… I moved to the Doubletree Hilton Galleria (fantastic welcoming staff). Room #1106 but room has obnoxiously loud shower that sounded like pipe bursting) that I complained about and it wasn’t fixed although someone responded. I think I am going to go the St Regis next trip. i wouldnt have posted a review if just ONE person from the Hitlon called to make amends... I am a loyal and steady guest at this hotel.

2 Thank kinetics65
Our apologies for the inconvenience the water outage caused. We used the information provided by the city, unfortunately, that was not always accurate. I will reach out to you personally in the hopes we can make amends and get you to give us another opportunity in the future to provide the accomodations and level of service we are known for.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Big rooms. Very clean. Spacious dressing area. Good location. Good WiFi. BUT the Best pillows I've slept on in a long time. I considered packing one in my carry on... but I did not. Over all a decent stay.

Room Tip: There's a Starbucks downstairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us & our 'Sweet Dreams' bedding. We hope to see you back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I spent 2 nights on business while working in a nearby office tower. Reception was friendly, the room was nice, breakfast at the Starbucks in the lobby was convenient, the restaurant buffet was good (but expensive as most like this are). For access to the Greenway Plaza offices, this can't be beat.

Room Tip: I recommend avoiding adjoining rooms as you can hear the person next door.
1 Thank John S
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and will share this information with our staff.
We hope to see you back with us soon.

Mark Yakoubek
Guest Service Champion
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is a comfortable hotel but be advised that they have smoking rooms mixed with non-smoking on the same floor and next to each other! Kind of defeats the purpose of having non-smoking rooms! Hard beds but pillows are nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. The Doubletree Greenway Plaza is 100% Non Smoking. I am sorry that a smoker broke the rules and smoked anyway. We will try to do better to catch these out-laws in the future so they cannot negatively impact other guests stays.
Hope to see you back soon.

Mark Yakoubek