“Need to update”

Ranked #42 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Wichita Falls
“Need to update”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

When we walked into the lobby we thought that this was a fantastic, up to date hotel. Stepping out of the elevator was like going back in time-to 1979. The rooms need updating. The bed was not comfortable, the sheets were not Hilton standard, the shower drained slowly, and the sink stopped up. I have worked for a Hilton hotel in the past and I can assure you this hotel would be written up for not being up to Hilton standards. The owner needs to let go of some cash to get the place updated.
Also, at breakfast I ordered pancakes. I never received them nor could I ask our waiter because he never returned to our table. I didn't see wait staff often at breakfast helping anyone. In addition, I inquired about breakfast because as a diamond member a free breakfast is expected. I was told at check in that all I had to do was tell our waiter. Our waiter told us we were supposed to have gotten a ticket from the front desk at check in. Either way, breakfast was free but I don't really think I should have had to work for a free breakfast.
All in all, it was really lacking. I do not recommend this hotel, especially if you are accustomed to Hilton standards.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 77AngelaK
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours allows us to look at challenges in our service delivery and correct these short comings. We recently began a multi-million dollar renovation, that, over the next several months will upgrade almost all areas of the hotel. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future should your travels bring you back to Houston.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I checked into the Doubletree by Hilton at 6 Greenway Plaza in Houston, Texas on November 1, 2013. We stayed in one of the executive floors and at the time of the reservation they notified us that the rate included a full breakfast. Lo and behold, when we checked-in, the hotel rescinded the breakfast and would not budge. We were really upset and notified the hotel that we would never stay at a Hilton again because of this treatment. They lied!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank hesfeet
I apologize for the challenges you had with breakfast during your recent stay with us. Honest feedback from our guests allows us to address opportunities with our operation. I hope you give us an chance in the future to redeem ourselves.

Edinburg, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a Hilton Rewards member, I stayed on 17th floor in a king size room (# 1708), but unfortunately the room was very noisy with construction work. My wife is expecting and after a 6 hours drive, she wanted to take rest before we could attend my cousins wedding downstairs. She was not able to do as some drilling was constantly going on for good 3-4 hours. The noise was so loud that we felt it was in our room. Then we also had an issue with the bath tub drain and the mold on the walls. I took picture and showed it to management twice and they did not do anything about it. All they said that we have those problems in other rooms as well. Honestly, I was very disappointed. This was the last trip my wife and I were taking before our baby and it was not a good experience. We extended our stay in the city, but switched hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Ahsan A
I apologize for the challenges you had during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the hotel and the service we provide. In your case we obviously failed on several fronts. I am sorry. With a multi-million dollar renovation now under way, and improvements in our service (thanks to your feedback), we hope you will give us another try in the future.

Southlake, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good with a nice variety of buffet items for those that wanted to get out quickly. The cookies are always great. The only problem was that the sound from the doors closing from adjacent rooms was a bit loud.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back soon.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The sink, toilet, and tub were very dirty. It look it had not been clean in a while. Also, after a long drive we all wanted to shower but we had no towels! Also if you come here make sure you check your bill. I was charged twice for parking, internet(I had the auto wifi on my cell), and for tv show that comes on regular tv. Houston has lots of great hotels, but this isn't one of them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Christina G
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We're so sorry for the housekeeping problems you encountered as well as the challenges with your bill. I can assure you that guest room cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. I will also reach out to you to ensure the billing issues were corrected before you checked out. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance if you visit our area in the future.

Baton Rouge
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I drove in Saturday morning from Baton Rouge,La to purchase a car. Unfortunately, we did not get the vehicle but deided to stay and visit Lakewood church while in town. We stayed at the hotel thinking we could walk a couple blocks, not realizing that the underground parking was directly connected to the church. The hotel is beautiful and super clean with beautiful atrium views from just about every window. Disappointing trip as far as the car we did not purchase, but a lovely weekend and high note with experiencing Joel Osteen in person and enjoyiug a great night's sleep. Beds are super comfy, staff enjoys their jobs and it shows...wonderful experience, no complaints!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

3 Thank wlsteen
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
We are delighted your stay with us was 'Excellent in every way'. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Hope to see you back soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here one week when I first came to Houston 24 years ago this last July. Since then I have met in the conference rooms, dined in all of their restrauants for breakfast lunch and dinner, and had drinks in their lounge. Even though the loctaion has changed management and names over the years, it has consistently provided excellent accomodations and service.
Their connection to the underground makes them accessible to some small shops during the week and the Greenway plaza area is a strong office complex in Houston

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to the property throughout the years and plan to only improve on what is already established here. Hope to see you back soon.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion.