“Doubletree Hilton”

Ranked #42 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Gilmer, United States
“Doubletree Hilton”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel was an enjoyable experience. The staff was extremely accommodating. Very helpful and pleasant! I would strongly recommend anyone traveling to stay there. I will always check for a Hilton Hotel any time I travel in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Great to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Hope to see you back with us soon.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lake Charles, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel staff are very courteous & helpful. The rooms are beautiful & well kept. This location was perfect for the meeting we attended at the nearby Lakewood Church. It was a short walk from the hotel to the church...perfect! We had a nice meal in the lounge, since the restaurant was closed. It was just what we needed in the time we had.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel and staff. We are happy to hear your experience was completely positive and look forward to your return.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Insufficient staff at check in, dirty linens in room upon arrival, inadequate stock of paper goods in room (had to call for TP), room service can't deliver - literally - they never knew when food would arrive. We waited almost 2 hours and they still couldn't let us know when to expect delivery? Breakfast ordered for their first time window of 6:00-6:15 and still at 6:30 no idea of when they could get it to us. Valet parking service is a racket - they can park where they have height requirements that prohibits customers from accessing that same place? The reason we chose this location was for convenience to Lakewood Church. That was the only thing great about this hotel in my opinion. And better than average bed pillows.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for leaving a review of you recent stay with us at our property. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience. We try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and I'm sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and share this information with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I saw mixed reviews of this hotel before booking but I have yet to find a good (or even decent) hotel in Houston with the budget my company gives me-- so I thought I would give this one a chance.

First, I agree with what a lot of other reviewers have said--the hotel is not marked at all and luckily my GPS was dead on about where the hotel was or I would have been hopelessly lost. I can see why other people said they couldn't find it.

In terms of the hotel, lets start with the good: the gym! The gym is one of the better--maybe the best hotel gym I have come across in a Hilton property. It was crowded but I was able to easily get a treadmill both days and appreciated that the gym had disposable headphones since I forgot mine. Also had free weights and a couple of weight machines. The other pro was the staff--everyone I came in contact with which was mostly just the front desk and valet guys, were very friendly which I appreciated. Also there is a Starbucks onsite which is nice.

The bad: As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel is pretty dated. This would not really have been that much of an issue to me but dated combined with not very clean is an issue. I had a room with 2 double beds instead of a king--which ended up being a pro because when I checked the first bed (as I always do upon arrival) I noticed the pillows had 1. hair and 2. a lot of makeup stains on them. This scared me a little because they looked like foundation stains, i.e. the kind that generally come out in the wash. After spotting numerous hairs on the sheets (disgusting), I prayed that the other bed was better and it seemed to be. A few of the pillow cases had the same makeup stains all over them but 1 pillow appeared clean (out of 6 or something that is really sad). The bathroom also was still all wet when I went in and there was a pube in the tub. Yuck. All these things combined made me wonder if the room had even been cleaned? And obviously if it was, it wasn't done well. All in all, it really grossed me out and I didn't sleep well either night.

The other problem: noise! One of the loudest hotels, people slamming their doors all night and it sounded like the person in the room above mine was moving all of the furniture around.

I don't think I would stay here again--I know they have an update in the works which is great. Maybe with those updates will come cleaner rooms.

I would recommend another hotel in Houston--but I have yet to find one.

1 Thank KDubs100
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 8 December 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. First of all, we're so glad that you enjoyed our on site facilities and that you found them satisfactory. We're so sorry for the housekeeping problems you encountered. I can assure you that guest room cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort moving forward to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance if you visit our area in the future.

Best regards,

Mark Yakoubek
Rooms Director
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Thanks Richard for helping us get the best handicap route to Lakewood from the hotel. I will recommend y'all because of your over the top kindness. The route was easy to navigate with the wheelchair, and we got to the service with no issues.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. We are lucky to have Richard on our team. Hope to see you back with us soon.
Wichita Falls
Reviewed 8 November 2013

When we walked into the lobby we thought that this was a fantastic, up to date hotel. Stepping out of the elevator was like going back in time-to 1979. The rooms need updating. The bed was not comfortable, the sheets were not Hilton standard, the shower drained slowly, and the sink stopped up. I have worked for a Hilton hotel in the past and I can assure you this hotel would be written up for not being up to Hilton standards. The owner needs to let go of some cash to get the place updated.
Also, at breakfast I ordered pancakes. I never received them nor could I ask our waiter because he never returned to our table. I didn't see wait staff often at breakfast helping anyone. In addition, I inquired about breakfast because as a diamond member a free breakfast is expected. I was told at check in that all I had to do was tell our waiter. Our waiter told us we were supposed to have gotten a ticket from the front desk at check in. Either way, breakfast was free but I don't really think I should have had to work for a free breakfast.
All in all, it was really lacking. I do not recommend this hotel, especially if you are accustomed to Hilton standards.

1 Thank 77AngelaK
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours allows us to look at challenges in our service delivery and correct these short comings. We recently began a multi-million dollar renovation, that, over the next several months will upgrade almost all areas of the hotel. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future should your travels bring you back to Houston.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I checked into the Doubletree by Hilton at 6 Greenway Plaza in Houston, Texas on November 1, 2013. We stayed in one of the executive floors and at the time of the reservation they notified us that the rate included a full breakfast. Lo and behold, when we checked-in, the hotel rescinded the breakfast and would not budge. We were really upset and notified the hotel that we would never stay at a Hilton again because of this treatment. They lied!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank hesfeet
I apologize for the challenges you had with breakfast during your recent stay with us. Honest feedback from our guests allows us to address opportunities with our operation. I hope you give us an chance in the future to redeem ourselves.