“Great Service!”

Ranked #44 of 511 Hotels in Houston
san francisco, United States
“Great Service!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The doubletree by hilton is has outstanding service! They recently finished renovating so everything is new and clean. I had my rehearsal dinner there on the 20th floor and everything went perfectly. The view is amazing and the location is central to everything in Houston. Great hotel to stay and to have events.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Judi W
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Great to hear you appreciate the Great Service!

See you back soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very disorganized team. I don't think I will ever choose this hotel again. I booked the reservation well in advance. Looks like they were overbooked but did not even bother to let me know ahead of time. They made me run around and moved me to a one star hotel without proper facilities. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone or stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am sorry for the experience you had. As we manage sold-out nights we do our best to not inconvenience the guest. In your case we obviously failed and for that I am sorry.

I hope you have a chance to experience our hotel again in the future.

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel seems to be managed by people that take your business for granted and the front desk staff's apethetic attitude and lack of hospitality seems to reflect this. Stayed her for several nights and while the rooms are adequate, they are nothing special and some of my colleagues rooms were not serviced properly by housekeeping (unmade bed in one case and no bath towels in another). There are lots of good choices of hotels around the Galleria. Take your business where you will be warmly welcomed and appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. The tired property awakens a little more each day as our multi million dollar renovation comes to a close. Our service standards are always a focus and a reminder like yours helps us keep the attention where it should be.

Best Wishes-

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014

It used to be a Ramada Renaissance Hotel and it is now a Hilton brand hotel. I have stayed here many times and I really enjoy it (still); the rooms are spacious- comfortable- quiet. And the climate control works perfectly which is a great thing as the temperatures can rise pretty high.
Hotelstaff is friendly and helpful (as always).
There were some refurbishings going on in the lobby but hey it is for the better I guess.
I just love the location: first in the basement there is a huge food court . 10 minutes walk from the hotel across the highway there is a shopping centre with a fantastic Kroger supermarket and also 10 minutes walk away there is an Edwards 24 movie theatre complex.Not to forget the Galleria malls for the shopping lovers. All I need is there…
All I need is there

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Great to hear that we met and surpased all you needs.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful, the staff is courteous, but the stay was bad. I had three main problems and one minor. First, the hotel is currently under renovation on the main floor and the walls are paper thin. You could hear drills and hammers all the way to our room on the 15th floor during the day. At night, we listened to a mom spank/abuse her kids because they did not want to take a shower on one side and midnight calls to Sydney, day time in Australia, by a man calling his family on the other side. It was amazing how loud they sounded. My second problem involved getting paid for services honored. I purchased a package that included breakfast for each day of the stay for all members of my party. I never was able to get the lobby staff to give me our breakfast "cards" to indicate a free meal. It was as if the hotel staff had no idea what options/packages are offered online for this hotel. The staff was nice, but very disorganized. I gave up trying to get a "free" breakfast and went to eat some place cheaper nearby. Lastly, ALL my linen and towels were stained and the replacements were the same. A minor inconvenience was the cost for WIFI connection. I am not an inexperienced traveler, but paying for WIFI seemed archaic when so many places offer it for free now. I will end with positives: I am positive I will never go back; the hotel is clean; the overnight parking rate is not unreasonable for self-parking; the staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
We appreciate your feedback for without honest comments like yours, we cannot improve.

I hope you have a chance to stay with us again.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Doubletree has done a great job remodeling the rooms. Modern and clean with plenty of outlets for charging, 60in HD TV's and pillows.

Bathroom was a bit small, but that's standard in US Hotels.

They are still working on remodeling the lobby, restaurant and Starbucks.

Great hotel and location, close to Galleria.

BTW - Outdoor pool is great for laps.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. My team will appreciate the feedback.

Hope to see you back soon.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had an excellent stay the made my weekend wonderful. I would love to go back if i had any complaints it would be the taxi service. i am an out of town visitor and i had to use the taxi to get to the movie theatre. the man got lost and still charged me for driving in circles. they should make sure there are better drivers available but thats not the hotel's fault. overall it was a fantastic stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Brandon,

Thank you for the feedback.

We look forward to your return.

Rooms Director