“Work in process”

Ranked #38 of 504 Hotels in Houston
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Work in process”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously, because my company's Houston office is in Greenway Plaza. In the past, I have been disappointed in hotel (was not a hilton product previously), because it was in need of renovation. Fortunately, that renovation is in process. The room I stayed in was renovated and was nice. While the work is in progress a restaurant and bar are closed. One restaurant is open, which may not be appealing to guests. However, the location was unbeatable for Greenway.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is renovated. Older rooms are very 80s.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We appreciate your feedback. Now that the guest room renovation is complete, our focus is on wrapping up the public area work.

I hope you are back soon to see the finished product.

Rooms Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Rooms are awesome, staff is friendly but it is connected to Joel Osteens church and it complicates the parking and the routing during critical evening tmes. The hotel is under renovation so it is difficult to judge their Public rooms. The bar has a very small, limited wine list but the bartenders are first rate......Its a conundrum.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you have a chance to come back and stay with us soon when renovations are complete. The finished product will be fabulous.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here Memorial Day and was pretty disappointed. There was a lot of construction around the building due to renovations which had their restaurant closed. Also the valet was very slow. I drive a stick shift and half the men working valet couldn't drive a stick. Once they made me park my own car and hand them the keys because no one was there to park the car. But I still had to pay 27 dollars a night for this service. The bedrooms were nice but the bathrooms were extremely small. Overall it was an okay stay. The location was convenient. Lots of restaurants and the galleria mall was only 3 miles away. Once the renovations are done I'm sure it will be nice but I don't think I will be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Monica J
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you Monica - we appreciate the honest feedback. I am sorry that our on-going renovations and inexperienced valet staff negatively impacted your stay. As renovations wrap up (and I train my valet how to drive a stick) - I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel which is in the midst of a major renovation. Our room was new and fresh as was the hotel room itself. They gave us a room overlooking Highway 59 but no noise inside the room. Starbucks inside which is nice. Like other Hilton experiences, great check in service and warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. We ate dinner in the only restaurant on site. It was ok--the server was terrific, the food better than average hotel fare.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your return.

Houston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Every part of the bathroom was is bad shape...dirty toilet, dirty shower plus it didn't drain, and the towel were stained. I felt like I was staying in a roadside motel. This was one of the worst Hilton properties I've stayed in.

1 Thank Alejandro L
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am sorry for the issues you had with our Housekeeping department. We take these comments very seriously and will work with our staff to improve.

Thank you for your feedback.

san francisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The doubletree by hilton is has outstanding service! They recently finished renovating so everything is new and clean. I had my rehearsal dinner there on the 20th floor and everything went perfectly. The view is amazing and the location is central to everything in Houston. Great hotel to stay and to have events.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Judi W
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Great to hear you appreciate the Great Service!

See you back soon.

Houston, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very disorganized team. I don't think I will ever choose this hotel again. I booked the reservation well in advance. Looks like they were overbooked but did not even bother to let me know ahead of time. They made me run around and moved me to a one star hotel without proper facilities. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone or stay in this hotel ever again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am sorry for the experience you had. As we manage sold-out nights we do our best to not inconvenience the guest. In your case we obviously failed and for that I am sorry.

I hope you have a chance to experience our hotel again in the future.