DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #45 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Hotel is large but it remains Hidden. I am hesitant in letting the world know how nice this property is. Just selfish, but its the only Doubletree I like to stay at. The staff tries real hard to please you and a recent remodel makes the property very appealing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza. As our multi-million dollar renovation wraps up later this month, we look forward to a great summer. We hope you can come back soon.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Arrived after a hard day at the airports and they have several people cutting floor tile with circular saws in the lobby right beside the check in desk. Could not hear the poor guy behind the desk. This is non-stop. Reasonable food service did not exist. All of this could have been avoided with a little effort (temporary wall, move food service to somehwere other than basement) The thing that gets me is there was no excuse for the situaton and just showed they did not care enough about their guests to make an effort to avoid this.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the hotel renovations had a negative affect on your stay. I hope you have a chance to come back in a few weeks to see the finished product.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Overall very good experience. The remodeling was distracting but doable. The entrance to the hotel was confusing with parking area. Would like to have more amenities in the hotel. Really wanted to do spa day. And was limited on dining choices. There was alot of construction and remodeling done. Our stay was comfortable and hospitable. Will return once everything is done and complete...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza in Houston. As our multi-million dollar renovation wraps up in the next few weeks, I hope you have a chance to come back and enjoy the finished product.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here because our high school reunion was close by and was told over the phone that the shuttle service could take us there. We booked online and had upgraded to a corner room and it was supposed to have a plush mattress, but when we got to the room it had a old spring mattress instead. When it was time to go to the reunion, I called the front desk and they put me on the phone with a person from the shuttle service and they told me that where we wanted to go was one mile out of their range and that we would have to take a taxi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

My apologies for the issues you experienced with your room and our shuttle service. We use this feedback and share it with our staff to make the hotel a better place to stay.

I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and stayed on the 15th floor. The room was clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable. Staff were always polite and friendly. Only downside is the fact renovations are in progress at this this time of our stay (June 2014). Aesthetics are compromised, limited restaurants open, and at one time an escalator down to the parking was not working and we had lug our stuff down it. Also, if you are driving getting in and out and parked is a bit confusing. One thing that impacts logistics is a very large church shares the parking on Sunday and we got stuck in a line from so many people (I hear it is 1000's of people in the congregation). I also booked in advance and paid in advance and got $88 per night which I consider an excellent value for this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay in Houston. My team will appreciate the honest feedback and work to make improvements.

I hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously, because my company's Houston office is in Greenway Plaza. In the past, I have been disappointed in hotel (was not a hilton product previously), because it was in need of renovation. Fortunately, that renovation is in process. The room I stayed in was renovated and was nice. While the work is in progress a restaurant and bar are closed. One restaurant is open, which may not be appealing to guests. However, the location was unbeatable for Greenway.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is renovated. Older rooms are very 80s.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Now that the guest room renovation is complete, our focus is on wrapping up the public area work.

I hope you are back soon to see the finished product.

Rooms Director

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Rooms are awesome, staff is friendly but it is connected to Joel Osteens church and it complicates the parking and the routing during critical evening tmes. The hotel is under renovation so it is difficult to judge their Public rooms. The bar has a very small, limited wine list but the bartenders are first rate......Its a conundrum.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you have a chance to come back and stay with us soon when renovations are complete. The finished product will be fabulous.

Rooms Director