“Break in”

Ranked #253 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Break in”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a week. Towards the middle of my stay my husband left our room around 7:30 am, I woke up at 8:45. I looked out the window and my tires were GONE. ALL FOR TIRES. This hotel doesn't have security, they have cameras but we were told they do not work.....DO NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL IN WESTCHASE..April Henderson

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank april h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Value Place-West Chase does not honor reservations. You definitely could be disappointed if you show up expecting the room you reserved to be available. Make sure you arrive early enough in the day so you will have time to find another place to stay if this happens to you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Jack L
Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

My stay with Value Place Westchase was not what I expected. I knew the rooms would be very basic, no frills and that was ok, but I didn't expect the Roaches! When I checked in, the front desk person showed me to my room to get my approval. I looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, so I said ok. After I'd been in the room for about an hour, things changed. First, I saw a small Roach climbing the wall. I hoped for the best, but decided to buy bug spray just in case. After all, the rooms have stoves and refrigerators in them. After two days of Roaches of various sizes, I knew I'd made the wrong choice in hotels. My husband and I decided that we would leave at the end of our week and chalk it up as a lesson learned. We have one night left, but after finding 5 Roaches in the bathroom last night and 2 small ones in one of the beds, we've had enough. Now, in all fairness, they do have an exterminator come by on a regular basis. He came by and when I answered the door he said, "I'm here to treat your roaches". The interesting thing is that we never told anyone about the Roaches, so how would he know?!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family