“terrible, terrible!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2013

All the food is soaked in concentrated lemon juice. The only meal that was not - paella, was prepared with fake crab meat and tested no different than if you bought instant 0.99c pack

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I went to lemon tree and to be honest I never felt so uncomfortable in a restaurant.
First of all I walk in and there is no greeting no hello, no welcome, I order fried rice calamari and it was ok!! But, the waitress could no even walk by to say; How was everything" I pull my credit card so, she can see that I want pay.. and she was folding napkins ... I raise my hand with my card and she ignore me .. I have to walk at front and to pay.. . This place is nothing compare with latin bites

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My boyfriend and I went here after finding a groupon for the place. He had been there before and raved about it, so he took me to try it. It was SO GOOD! Just thinking of the food makes my mouth water. The yucca balls that they have for an appetizer are amazing! I also had the lemon fish with capers, which was great, and my boyfriend had the octopus platter, which he devoured. (I forget the Spanish names for these, please forgive me!)

We will definitely be going back. Just be sure to check the time you go...they are closed from 3pm~6pm!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Peruvian eats a lot of seafood, potatoes and rice, a reflection on the history and immigrants of the country. The food at The Lemon tree is no exception. We were greeted with friendly hostess and waiter. Interior decor is more sophisticated than the neighborhood it is in, Lots of cerviche and seafood dishes on the menu, We each picked a dish from different parts of the menu, the paella was great, my squid cooked in its ink is delightful. Yet my son's choice is most interesting, a rice dish laced with beef, vegetables, sauce and topped with a fried egg. Guess the Chinese were there too, the signature fried egg appears in too many Asian rice dishes including Haiwaiian cusinse. They also serve sodas from Peru and their desserts are huge. Like Dr Seuss had suggested, "try it and you may", I recommend you to give it a try.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is the best Peruvian fare in Houston and possibly West of the Mississippi. Though small and unpretentious, be prepared for a feast. I would even state that the food here is as good or better that if you were in Peru itself. This restaurant has been in this place for 3-4 years that I recall and never disappointing. Although Peruvian, dishes have been adapted well to the local palate (actual Peruvian food is quite spicy and hot, even more than Mexican fare, and one can actually request additional spice and chili -called aji- if yo would like to). Notice is closed Mondays. On Friday and Saturdays evening, you might want to reserve as it is when there is live music and is packed. I've had every dish in the menu and it is very hard to tell which one is best.
This is perhaps the only place we make efforts to leave room for dessert: you will be introduced to Peruvian desserts, which are out of this world to say the least. I've sometimes gone for lunch and only have desert.
I believe they don't have a liquor license, which is a pity, as I'd love to get some Pisco Sour; but nevertheless, it is possible to order Inka Kola (a Peruvian soda, which some think is way to sweet -but is not the sugar-l but believe, the flavor is designed to complement the food); or even better a purple drink called chicha (which is actually made of purple corn, but you would never suspect. Of course, you can also get regular Coke ;but why would one do that?
I have been taking colleagues form my office for the last 3 years and they have made this one of their favorite spots.
Highly recommended.
One additional note: parking space is limited in front of the local, but there is ample parking just across the street