“Nice place, I'll stay here again.”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor
Ranked #20 of 508 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Austin, Texas
“Nice place, I'll stay here again.”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Relatively new, good fitness center, excellent staff, very nice lobby, nice little pool with a neat little waterfall, clean and very comfortable room, good desk, good internet access (surprisingly good for a hotel!) Everything worked!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Dear TomTX2000,
Thanks Tom for choosing to stay with us and for your gracious comments. We are eager for your return.
Regards,
Ken Friesen, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The staff made my weekly stays at the hotel for the past 6 months so enjoyable. I always felt at home and very comfortable there. They did an amazing job at making me feel very welcome. My company decided to put me and a few of my coworkers up in a nearby apartment complex to cut down on costs, but I will definitely miss staying at HGI, and of course the rubber duckies that always greeted me when I got to my room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Mr. M,
You will be missed Mr. M. We thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and wish you could have extended your stay. You are an elite VIP guest with us.....shhhhh about the "rubber duckies"....everyone else will be begging for one as well.

Come back and see us when you can.

and all your friends at the HGI Energy Corridor
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We held the Annual Meeting for our organization at Hilton Garden Inn - Houston Energy Corridor last week. I'm new to setting up meetings and don't know what I'm doing yet. To a person, the people at this HGI are simply outstanding! Marcia Burt is the Sales Director and helped me to cover the things I forgot. Jennifer Dennis is Catering Manager and she helped me pick out all of the meals, lined up all of the AV stuff, and all of the details.

And then there's Marco... I think Marco's title must be "Mr. Everything Else". You will rarely find a person with such a 'can-do' attitude. He set up the sound system and projectors. He ran the kitchen and made sure that the meals were on time. The food that came out of that small kitchen was just OUTSTANDING! I fouled up a few things, but never managed to stump him. He took it all in stride and helped to make our meeting a great success. All of his people were great too! Always around, solicitous, but unobtrusive.

Thanks Guys! But I'm afraid you've fouled us up in one way... From now on when I go to a hotel to set up a meeting, my expectations are going to be way too high!

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks immensely for your kind remarks. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our team members, particularly those you chose to mention by name.
We look forward to your next visit and another opportunity to deliver our version of hospitality.
Best Regards,
Reviewed 19 August 2011

A GLOWING REVIEW: Hilton Garden Inn, Energy Corridor.....AMAZING!!!! From the moment I stepped into the hotel, greeted by Debbie Bunn, it was a wonderful experience! ALL the family and friends stayed at the hotel. The Rehearsal Dinner and Cocktail Hour before were perfection! YIPPPEEEE! A business that KNOWS their business and does it to....yep! Perfection!!!! More to say about the Hilton Garden Inn......I delivered 22 baskets to the hotel on Wednesday before the wedding. Family and friends began arriving on Thursday and would arrive all the way through to Saturday afternoon. Each and every person received their basket at check-in AND received the correct basket. (Each basket was made for each family in mind.) We're off to a great start! Then, following my dad's birthday celebration at Texas Land and Cattle (already heard that story, did ya?).....we all went back to the hotel and we took over the bar area, stayed around past the time the bar was to close and the bartender told us...no problem! No Problem....I'm sorry, I am just not used to that selfless, customer service oriented behavior....AMAZING!!!!!
Friday....family and friends still arriving...hotel handling everything smoothly. Shuttle took family and friends to the mall and picked them up again....and was prompt! I arrived at 3:00 to begin decorating the hall. Jennifer is the event planner for the hotel. Another "Can Do" person. How could there possibly be that many GOOD people in one place? The room was set up, Marco was there to run everywhere around the hotel for me, finding everything that I requested....HE should be the CEO of Hilton! That guy is over the top! The room was super fun with all the Texas decorations, and the details were all taken care of by Jennifer, Marco and the hotel staff. The cocktail hour was a hit and the appetizers were excellent! They even set up our own little bar! The Barbeque and all the fixins' were superb! People were still talking about it on Saturday! We finally "let" Marco and the waitstaff go home about 10:30. They never complained! Just said it was a wonderful event! THE ENTIRE NIGHT AMAZING!!!! THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Once again, we all stayed at the hotel bar area and the lounge area for a while longer. Did the bartender complain? Nope! Sure didn't! What is this hotel feeding its staff? Happiness, Loyalty, Appreciation? Maybe....just maybe.....what a novel idea! Saturday night....Wedding is over, all is well at the hotel. Everyone is resting, including my hubby and myself. They comped us a room for Friday and Saturday night, so if we wanted to be with family, we could. Really? Giving us something for nothing....noooooo way! WAY!!!!!!! We got up on Sunday morning, met everyone for breakfast. They gave us the back area, so that we could all be together and then we all broke bread together as family. It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful weekend. I truly am almost in tears thinking about and writing about "our" wonderful hotel. They joined my family that weekend. They were as happy and excited for us, as we were. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you Hilton. God's blessings upon each and everyone of you, and much, much success always. YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear MotherOfGroom42487,

Thank you for such kind words about your experience at the HIlton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor during your recent wedding event at the hotel. We view your decision to have us host your event as an extremely high honor, and recognize how critical our planning and execution is to creating memories for a lifetime. Jennifer, Debbie, and Marco, together with numerous other service oriented associates, were delighted to be able to contribute to this splendid event. We all thank you so much for sharing your praise for the efforts and trust you will always think of us when planning another event or when sharing your recommendations with others.

Please consider our sincere appreciation for your confidence in our performance.

Best regards,
Ken Friesen CHA
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had a/c problems this past weekend so decided to stay here to get away from the heat and leaking problems! It was wonderful from start to finish! LaLa at the front was very nice and made sure our evening was a good one! We used the pool and hot tub and enjoyed it. Was nice to destress a little from the problems back at the house. We had a quiet night's rest. The hotel is very warm and inviting from the staff to the rooms! Definitely recommend to anyone coming to the area! Thanks!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Dear Threekpromo,
Thanks for the review of your experience while a guest at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor. Your comments regarding the warmth of the staff is especially encouraging to our staff members and I will be sure to share your comments with them. We're sorry you had your a/c issues at home, but please consider this place your extension of "home' if the need arises. Best regards, Ken Friesen CHA, General Manager
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I had our wedding there May 7th and I want to thank the staff, specially the Wedding Coordinator and catering manager Ms. Dennis and Mr. Marco, Food and Beverage Hotel Mngr. for going always ahead of us to please our needs.
Every detail for the big day was done perfect, the timing for everything planned the food WOW delicious, guests were amazed at the food and service while they waited with appetizers and drinks. Once the party started and dinner was served everyone was even more thrilled to see the different choices in the buffet line, set up with so many choices of fresh and luscious foods.
Our decorations were so elegant, and all the details I myself wanted such as little surprises through the night, or the way I wanted things to look, colors, chair covers, cake table, gift table, favors for guests, announcements, even our picture and sign table etc… where done exactly as I had asked them. Having our wedding there was hassle free and with less planning from our part.

Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and we look forward to spending our next anniversary there as we can assure the next morning’s breakfast after our wedding reception was so DELICOUS we didn’t want to leave.

As for the hotel itself, it is beautiful, it smells still like new, the rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms close to the wedding reception were kept neat and clean, and the floors and decorations were so nice and pleasant to invite anyone to stay there. We also want to mention the nice appearance of the front staff and the waitress/clean crew for looking clean and professional.

Finally, we will keep staying at the Hilton family and would like to say one more time thanks to the Hilton Garden Inn for making it possible to have our dream wedding come true!!!

Love Diana and Marvin Gonzalez

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dianpena
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Gonzalez,

We are thrilled that your "big day" was so special. Trusting our event team with the planning and execution of such an important event was very exciting but sobering, because we are all aware, we only have one chance at getting the details right. It was a pleasure to host such a special occasion. Please do come back and relive those memories over and over with your friends at the HGI Houston Energy Corridor.

Best regards,
Kenneth F. Friesen CHA
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Not only is this property in a great, central location, but it's a beautiful hotel as well! The banquet team can't be beat - everything was set up perfectly and were happy to help with last minute preparations. The catering was exceptional also. Extremely accommodating! We will be hosting our future seminars here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear Saratech, We were honored to host your event and appreciate the kind remarks. Your expression of confidence will be shared with the entire team. We welcome your return. Best regards, Kenneth F. Friesen CHA, General Manager