Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites
Ranked #94 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Llano, United States
“Good stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good location, friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms. Cracker Barrel restaurant in the same parking lot, 3 fast food restaurants in walking distance, and a host of other restaurants within a mile. I've stayed here before and I would stay again.

1 Thank Daniel C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
League City, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our room had an extreme odor; never should have been assigned to anyone. The bathroom floor was sticky. The breakfast was cold. The hotel is old and needs to be gutted and redone inside. We will not stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. I ended up with a bad sinus infection.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jig P, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Mrs. Ruth,

Please accept my apologies for your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest's experience was not satisfactory, and we will continue to strive to work to make it better. I will, however, take your comments as a personal push of encouragement to make sure that our staff is fulfilling their responsibilities to the fullest in providing a clean and odor-free hotel. Please give us another chance next time you are in the area and we will prove to you that your previous experience was our of character for us. Thank you.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This used to be one of my favorite Houston Hotels. Over the past 1-2 years the quality of service has deteriorated to the point where today will be my last stay. Front desk clerk on the night shift is super friendly and welcoming. When I checked into Room 108 it smelled as though the whole room and been wiped down with a dirty, smelly old rag. A slight smell of bleach didn't cover the problem...just added to it. Back to the front desk where I was cheerfully given a key to Room 201 (and an upgrade which was a nice gesture). Problem is, Room 201 smelled worse. Well, it's midnight I'm tired, what do I do....try yet another room? Deciding to "tough it out" I got in the Elevator to go to my car. Well, the elevator (which also smelled bad) got stuck. I rang the emergency button and after a while was released by the front desk clerk.

I have to emphasize the night staff were the nicest you could ask for but the owners and housekeeping staff should all be reprimanded for their lack of maintenance and the overall funk smell of the hotel. I do not believe that any commercial cleaning products are used in this hotel.

Looking around my room I see stains on the carpet, light fixture not secured properly to the wall, grungy looking couch (I wont sit on it), sheets are not white and crisp...just sort of dingy white with a feel of being washed far too many times. Bathroom is nice and clean and looks more welcoming than the bed. Oh and in Room 108 and 201 the only channel available was CNN. CNN? Who watches CNN? That's it...one channel - I have no idea why.

Wake up management !!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else until they clean the place up.
2 Thank Averil J
galveston, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had property was stolen and room was hot and dirty and when I tired to speak to manager he was never available. the breakfast was good but the sheets were stained and room was dirty. I stayed at the place before our trip to Cancun and after I returned from Cancun. I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa L
Dear Ms. L,

Let me first take this opportunity thank you for returning to stay with us a second time after your trip. It is of highest priority to us to create an experience, through product and customer service, that will have our guest wanting to choose our hotel over and over. It is of great concern to me that your room was not of ideal temperature or cleanliness. I have addressed my staff on the extra attention needed to make sure that each and every guestroom is presented in the best possible way.

Also, although the dress that you mentioned you forgot in the room after check out was not reported found, please be assured that I did make every effort to locate it. I am sorry my efforts were unsuccessful in finding it. We will continue to strive to be of better service to our guests before, during, and after each stay.

I hope that you will give us one more chance to show you that we are the hotel you chose again after your first incident-free stay.

Thank you.
SPRING, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rented a few rooms for a surprise birthday gathering for my 9yr old. We have always recieved good service but this time was especially great and made it a point to take names. Jake and Shay were friendly and extremly helpful. They totally made our stay a great one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

London
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for nearly a week on vacation. Rooms are nice and beyond my expectations. Breakfast is excellent; loved the Texas shaped waffles. Service was excellent. Location is close to restaurants, gas stations and easy access to I-45. Close to airport too. Not too far from Houston and took a little under an hour to get to Galveston. Attractions are minimum 20 minutes away; not bad but better than paying downtown rates. Good head start to get to Dallas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Curt A
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. My room had a little bit of a strange smell when entering but it wasn't too bad and I got used to it pretty quick.

Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows of various softness.

More movie channels than I've ever seen in any hotel, ever.

Breakfast was ok, coffee was good and price was reasonable.

Surrounded by plenty of good restaurants and Papacitas is right around the corner.

I'll stay here again...