“Not the best value”

Aloft Houston by the Galleria
Ranked #178 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 26 June 2012

These rooms are very modern and the lobby is nice. The pool is tiny and the staff when I checked in were very in friendly and not helpful. The lobby is very unique and the view from the rooms is great. If you book in advance and receive the $89.99 deal it is worth it, however at $149.99 I would suggest you keep looking. With an additional $14 for parking and $100 deposit.

Room Tip: We chose the King room with the over sized shower. Keep in. Ind this room does have a fridge, but no...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Hipster central in Houston Galleria area for cheap.

So what if you can hear the dude whistling in the room next to yours, or that you have to go down to the front desk so the overworked receptionist has to get you ice, or that fact that they don't tell you on the web-site that you have to pay for parking? Details. Just marvel at the eccentric eclectic range of fellow travelers, that there is a see through fireplace in the bar for those cold, cold nights in Houston, and the fact that the place is nothing more than a parking garage in which the top floors have been turned into trendy rooms. And why do you have to call attention to the laptop safe as soon as you enter your room? Cozy.

Given how the veneer of the rooms are already showing signs of wear, I suspect that with a flip of the switch this could very well be a hipster assisted living center in a very short time.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Free, fast wifi, free bottled water, great room, cool lobby and bar, pantry.......

This place is a very welcome respite from a day on the road, and the usual nonsense hotels like this usually fleece you for. Great job aloft Houston!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This review mainly to criticize hotel's management in handling late check-in by customers. Due to my delayed flights, we as a group arrived at the hotel around 2 am and we booked and paid in advance 3 double bed queen size bedroom.

Before this Houston trip, I stayed in Aloft Phoenix and my booking was in order but apparently Aloft Houston messed up or the receptionist sold our 3 double queen size bedroom and they gave us 3 king sized bedroom which we rejected since some of us prefer not to share our bed.

So, the receptionist was sorry and said that he would give us a complementary room which at that time I thought was great. So I took that complementary room and when I entered the room, I was surprised that there was a house-keeping guy cleaning up the room at 2.30 am! So, since my patience was tested, I relented and let the housekeeping finished his job, besides I would use the room for 4 hours only, so additional blow-up would just messed up my sleep time.

So anyways, Aloft Houston, you can do better than that in managing your hotel. I don't have a problem with your facility which is great overall, can't complain but your staff has serious issues in discipline and hopefully this can be fixed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Started out on a rough note, as we couldn't find the entrance, because there isn't a proper one. Have to drive into the parking garage, which wasn't intuitive. The hotel itself is nice and I was somewhat fascinated by the room design. But we could easily hear the TV next door. As all alofts are supposed to be the same (consistency), I have no desire to stay at one again if this is the type of construction used.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nosajio
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Loved the modern design and clean rooms. Friendly staff all around. This location would be great with an outdoor pool, free parking, and in room coffee that wasn't as weak as tea. Comfortable sleep, great rates. We recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed here for a Friday night. Self, overnight parking in the garage is $15 per car. Valet is more (think they quoted $22). Wished they didn't charge for parking, or made the fee lower. It's Houston, after all...land's a plenty. The downstairs bar was crowded--there were a few parties happening that night. Overall, the room is clean and spacious. Though they gave us a handicap room--wished the guy at the front desk could've given us the heads up at check-in, rather than letting us figure it out when we got to the room. I would've preferred a non-handicap room. Overall, I would say my experience here was average...not great. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends