“Great Place To Stay”

Aloft Houston by the Galleria
Ranked #179 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great all-around place to stay. Clean, friendly staff and located nears lots shopping, restaurants etc. Extremely good bang for you buck. I would definitely stay again. Great "grad and go" food and a cool bar to relaxing in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
max j, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thanks so much for your review and we are so happy you enjoyed our Refuel area and our Wxyz bar. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here back-to-back within the week due to the convenience of its location. Rooms were OK if you're into the minimalist motif, but for me it was just what the wallet needed. Great price, centrally located and a bar that was great. Ask for Linda.....really great bartender and made the stay fun.

Downside, besides the traffic on day one.....A/C was loud and water pressure on day three was miserably lacking.

Room Tip: Ask for side street room and not one facing Westheimer. Heravy traffic noise well inot the night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
max j, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for you review of your stay. We are glad you choose to stay with us. We are also glad to see you find the value in the Aloft concept and that our Talent went above and beyond for you as well. We will check the AC and the water pressure and we aplogize for those issues. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Found a great hotel for my business trips to Houston. The Aloft is contemporary, with great service options. 24-hour Grab-n-go snack area in the lobby is perfect for a busy traveler; indoor & outdoor bar/lounge area, clean gym and indoor pool. Super easy location, parking, and friendly staff. did I mention, great value? I have 3 more trips to Houston planned over the next couple months and I'll plan to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is my first trip to an Aloft hotel. It has some of the markings of a W, but is much more Spartan. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but don't confuse this with any of the great W hotels around the country. The furniture is a fairly high grade laminate. The bed is W comfortable, but the street noise was bothersome. This is not a place to go on a romantic get-away. it is OK for business, but don't expect the bells and whistles. Price is good. That might bring me back, but it is not a destination hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
max j, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay here at the Aloft. We are so happy that you enjoyed the bed and location. We will address the noise issue again with our neighbors and sincerely apologize for this. Thank you again for you reveiw and comments.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed at other Aloft properties and enjoy the minimalist design. Sadly, and through no fault of Aloft, I would not stay at this property again because of the ridiculously loud music coming from the bar across the street. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night. Around midnight on Friday I called down to the desk because I was sure there was a band playing in the room below us. Nope, it was a bar across the street. The person at the desk apologized but stated that despite calls to the bar management and calls to the Houston Police Department, nothing could be done. I would suggest that HPD check the batteries in their decibal reader because despite being inside AND wearing ear plugs, I could still hear (and feel) the band. Thankfully, Saturday night was uneventful. To be fair, the person at the desk did offer another room but this was after midnight and I really didn't want to move my family (2 rooms) around in the middle of the night. I don't know how often this problem with noise occurs but I would guess that this is not an issue on a weekday. I would also ask for rooms away from the street (Westheimer). I think that the noise problem should be taken to the city council or noise ordinances need to be changed in that area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gr8travel_10

Thank you for review of your stay and we are working with our neighbors and HPD to resolve this issue with the neighbors across the street. We do apologize for this and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I really liked this hotel, it's very cute & modern. It's in the heart of the Houston, Galleria area, so it's easy to walk to the mall, bars, Resteraunt, etc.. The best part of it, is that it is dog friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel garage elevators didn't always work, neither did the gate going in and out of hotel. The elevators, when they were working wreaked of a horrid smell. This was by far the worse part of my stay. The hotel itself was trendy, older and could use some upgrades. For $249/night, I thought the hotel would be a little nicer. I am a little biased because I prefer a more cozy hotel room. It is close to shopping and restaurants. If you just need a place to lay your head, this will do. The room was clean but cold- lots of concrete. The bathroom was also clean. I had no problems with checking in or out and the front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carojay
max j, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for you candid fedback about your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you found our rooms to be very clean as well as the rest of the property. The Aloft brand encompasses wide open spaces with minimal intrusion into the guest space so you have the experience and space of a loft size apartment and building. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with the elevator and we will have our elevator company contacted to review issues we are not aware of and we will have our housekeeping team ensure the space si well maintained. Thank you again for your feedback!