“Holiday Inn comes through again”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor
Ranked #300 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 16 August 2013

After Embassy was a disaster and $100 more, I was more than satisfied with booking with Holiday Inn. With Embassy I had to wait a long time for the phone to be answered and the person on the end wasn't very clear. At Holiday Inn I could immediately speak with someone on the phone who was interested in helping me. The hotel staff are very friendly and I certainly enjoy the manager's happy hour in the evening. (There could of been more options available too like other Holiday Inns.)

Downside is that some of the furniture in the room is a bit dated (and large), but the room was generally clean. I also liked the gate around the hotel property. Otherwise, I would have rated this a 5 of 5. No restaurant as part of the hotel but there is a great burger place that is adjacent to the parking lot.

Word is you need to go around the side of the hotel to get into the property, but otherwise things are okay. I was able to take a free shuttle to my local business destination.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer T

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice hotel, very clean, and quiet even though it is close to busy I-10. Employees were very friendly and helpful, especially the young woman who was in charge of the breakfast area. She went out of her way to personally greet guests, and asked each one if there was anything additional that they needed while they were eating breakfast. On my second day there, I arrived very close to the end of breakfast. She offered to help, and brought out a tray for me so that I could take breakfast back to my room for my son, who was still sleeping. It's just a little thing, but it was so considerate of her, and very much appreciated.

The hotel is located right off of the I-10 Dairy Ashford Exit, and getting on and off of the highway is a breeze. We heard absolutely no highway noise, and there was also no noise from the nearby restaurant. Very quiet hotel and a very nice 3 day stay! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PAmom82
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked this hotel as it was just 2.5 miles from my work location. But I was not satisfied with the hotel. It looks pretty old. The price we pay for the room is more than many better and cheaper places in the area. I'll not stay here again would rather pick another hotel. Only plus is its right on I10.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear shakirmeah,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not up to your standards and would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D

Reviewed 15 July 2013

checked into this hotel. Pubic hair in tub. Place was filthy. When asked to talk to manager was told there wasn't one. No housekeeping either except in mornings. Got moved to a different room and it was still filthy- more hair in tub and boogers on wall. Front desk guy was very very nice and helpful- I showed him the filth in the room so he could let management know. Ended up going to a different hotel. Rooms were about the size if an inside stateroom on a cruise ship. Awful experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Bulldogs2015,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.

We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are disappointed to read that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for our level of cleanliness fell below your standards and deeply regret that this has negatively affected your stay.

Dhan M

Reviewed 28 March 2013

It had cheap motel standards with luxury hotel rates -- maybe the rates were just that area's norms or the dates of my trip. The hallway smelled like smoke, but that didn't seem to permeate the room. The bed had a plastic cover under the sheets and the carpet crunched like there was plastic under it. There was very little room to walk between the beds and the giant armoire but I had to do it because it had the old fashioned heat-AC combo by the window that could not hold a constant temperature. Walls were thin enough to hear everything in surrounding rooms and bathrooms. The staff was nice, and the room was clean, but for those rates, I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear anonymous12357,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review regarding your experience. I am glad to read you like our friendly hotel staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. I am deeply sorry you found our accommodations and room package less than satisfactory. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

We appreciate your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I thought all the Holiday Inn at least in North America were renovated to a certain standard, which in my opinion this location certainly did not meet. Lobby decorations and room furniture were all very old. Even if they are going for that classic Texas look it's not very well done at all. Light bulbs in the rooms are all bright white, not pleasant. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear chunerrrr,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am happy to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. However, I apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the lobby decorations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will consider to return and stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This property is smack dab in the middle of no-place-exciting, but since I had business nearby, it was a good choice for me. The staff is the best--every one of them! They went out of their ways to be friendly and accommodating. The room itself was average, with some wear-and-tear showing on the furniture. Still, the bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet, so for just a couple of nights, it was a good choice. Breakfast was decent and the staff there, like elsewhere in the hotel, very helpful. The steakhouse across the parking lot was a decent choice for dinner, offering everything from sandwiches to Texas-size steaks. I thought it to be a little pricey for the location, but nothing way far out of whack.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear jimatthebeach,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I am appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and am pleased that you like our location. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D