“Great Hotel On Katy Freeway”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor
Ranked #283 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Louisiana
“Great Hotel On Katy Freeway”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was wonderful. Must be recently renovated. Room was nice. Breakfast was great with many items to choose from. Would definitely recommend to others.
Safe secure parking. Nice friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor. Even rooms facing interstate were quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelsie O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so thankful for your kind words about your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything went for you. For a Holiday Inn Express we do offer a good breakfast variety with lots of items to choose from and we are glad you enjoyed it.

If your travel needs bring you to our area of Houston again we would love to serve you!

Guest Relationship Manager/Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baker
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I do not write many reviews but when you stay at a place that does everything right and consistent day in and day out you have to let people know. Check in was very fast and very friendly ODAY checked me in, and made some recommendations on resturaunts and other local attractions, The room was cleaned perfect every day, housekeeping was always friendly, I will challlege you to find a spec of anything on the floors, haulway workout room or anywhere. The breakfast had lots to choose from, and was not the same everyday, and a large open room to get your food as well as a large dining area, refreshments in the evening are another nice touch. The shuttle service ran me over and picked me up from work, (a short distance). They called me a cab took care of everything with a smile. It was one of the best most consistently friendly staffs I have ever seen. ODAY, Vicente, Walda, Houston, Alesia and Chelsie were just a few of the folks that should be commended for this very well run Hotel. Thanks again I will be back.

Room Tip: I liked the top floor which is the 5th seemed quiet to me there is no outside noises to worry about...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Chelsie O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Kevin,

We are so grateful you took the time to write a review about your stay with us! Thank you very much and it is certainly appreciated. We informed our staff about your wonderful compliments. This motivates us even more to always provide great service for our guests. You took the extra time to acknowledge us by our names and it means a lot. We are also glad that you noticed the different breakfast items, this is something that the guests truly enjoy.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we are looking forward to your return!

Guest Relationship Manager/Sales
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night for a wedding. It was a fare price and a nice property. The front desk was nice and the room was comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and good. We did not use any of the other amenities so I can't really speak to them. I would stay there again when on that side of town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelsie O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello JAB56,

On behalf of all the staff and management here at our Holiday Inn Express we thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your kind words. We always do our best to go above and beyond for all of our guests and we are thankful we got the chance to serve you.

All the best,
Sales/Guest Relations
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

we had to go to Houston for family emergency on June 5, 2014. RUDE clerks. When I checked in there was a discrepancy over room rate the clerk actually asked me if I wanted to continue with check in or go to another hotel. I inquired if shuttle bus would take us to hospital and he said it is for business people only! we needed to extend our stay and they raised their rates so we had to move to another hotel down the street. The breakfast bar was good only thing I found good about this HI express, have stayed at many and this is worst I have come across. The parking lot is extremely dark even I would not park in it at night completely dark, I parked in the restaurant next door. Chair had what looked like burn marks on it and just smudge marks. Small pieces of wallpaper peeling off wall in bathroom. also there was mosquitoes in room everyday. Very disappointed in HI express at this location

Room Tip: another hotel would be best bet in my opinion
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jcryder
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear jcryder,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel off and on for several months. The hotel has a great location with a good steakhouse within an easy walk. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar was the typical Holiday Inn Express bar - limited selections but good. The evening refreshments were cold and appreciated. The staff were super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Chelsie O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello BVDPA,

Thank you so much for your time and writing a review on our property. It means a lot to our staff and management. We are glad that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer. We are certainly looking forward to your return.

It was a pleasure serving you!

Sales Manger/Guest Relations Manager
Rockton, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had stayed at this property several years ago and disliked it then. I assumed that it would be updated and modernized by the time I got back! Clearly I was wrong. The staff is very friendly which helps but that is the only thing this hotel has going for it!

Room Tip: The restaurant in front of the hotel has decent food and drinks! Make sure to drink enough to forge...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Krupali S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear fanofseattle,

Thank you for your time. We do appreciate your feedback. We are truly sorry that you were disappointed upon your return to our hotel. We do have plans of renovations in the near future and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Our staff always strives to go above and beyond for our guests and we are thankful you complimented us.

Sales Manager/Guest Relations
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Thank you to all you Reception laddies and to your service teem too.
The room was comfortable and since the second day I called "home" -I'm tired, can we go home now?-, quiet, clean and we was sleeping like babies!
We really enjoy a great time in your Hotel. Congratulations and thank you again!

Room Tip: Close to the pool, to the breakfast an to your car, Lobby floor was great! Excellent location for b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple