“A beautiful hotel”

Ranked #3 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Dana Point, California
“A beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Super comfortable rooms, modern but elegant decor and very good location. Just walk outside and a slew of great restaurants and shops are within minutes of walking distance. Front desk staff are welcoming and helpful.

Direction to the place is a bit tricky

Room Tip: A GPS will be needed to find the place otherwise, print the directions.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

First impression upon arrival set the tone for the rest of our stay. It was extremely difficult even with GPS to find this Hotel the only indication that we saw that helped was the HS initials on the valet booth. Pulled up to the valet and was informed that the garage was at full capacity and that even though we needed to park handicap we would have to park two blocks away and tote our luggage to the hotel. When we finally made it inside to the hotel we were completely lost because you then have to tote your luggage up a wooden flight of stairs to check in on the second floor. We later learned that there was a side door that led to the elevators. A first time visitor like myself would have never guessed that...I traveled with a group of 6 and overall if you don't mind early morning construction noise or occasional loud music from the club area or the courtyard then this is most definitely the place to stay.

I must say that we had a few minor hiccups during our stay and after we expressed our concerns to the Assistant General Manager he did go out of his way to personally make things right. So I will spare the details of the minor issues we faced and focus on the many positive. I would most definitely stay here again if I was looking for a weekend get-a-way spot for romance or a place to party with my girlfriends. Hotel Sorella is sleek, stylish and very innovative. I loved the design of the Hotel. My room was clean, modern and well stocked. We ordered breakfast one morning that was perfectly delish. I would recommend the vegetable omelet and the steak and eggs. The complimentary breakfast consist of all the fruits your heart desires, dry cereal and milk and pastries. Monnalisa is a great bar that has a very stylish atmosphere and great drinks.

I was a little disappointed with how early the surrounding restaurants close on the weekends. Most of the kitchens close at 11:30 which is no fault of the hotels but the hotel's kitchen/room service closes at 10pm as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the side of construction.
2 Thank ShellyShell_10
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a nice modern hotel in a very affluence mall area.

I like it overall but there are few flaws that I wish they would correct:
1. it is very hard find this place - no signs. Many drivers get lost. I come here often because my company puts all visiting staff here.
2. the bell man do not have good attitudes. Some of them look like they have side business and not paying attention. Once I had to demand that they carry my luggage as the guy talk away on the cell phone.
3. the wifi speed is slow. It is about 0.5 MB/sec. It is ok for emails but not if you want to watch a video.
4. it is noise because there is an outdoor cafe with people hanging out. May be a better sound proofing window would make a difference?

Room Tip: away from the restaurant court yard.
Pearland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Room was awesome! Super clean! Love the wood floors and only carpet near bed. Great for allergies! I always wonder if the carpeted hotel rooms have dirt or God knows what else that hasn't been properly cleaned. I only wish they had a way to play music like an iPod station, etc. Also, the food could be better. Our breakfast arrived cold. The dessert selection wasn't great. I couldn't believe they didn't have hot chocolate or even 24 hour room service. Overall, I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2011
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Noisy? Yes. Clean and comfortable? Absolutely! I will stay here again even though it is a bit noisy. The noise is due to the availability of many restaurants, shops, bars, and a cinema right next door. It is also due to these noisy hot-spots that you will also be treated to a great view of fountains with fire and beautifully lighted trees. We even saw a dance recital on the green, right from our window. The breakfast is good, much better than the danish and cold eggs at most chains. They provide specialty teas and coffees, high-end pastries, and fresh fruit. We have stayed here twice and can't imagine why anyone would give Hotel Sorella bad ratings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east or downtown.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed at the Sorella Hotel with our young son over Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is smallish in a european style and conveniently located for west Houston/Memorial access. Pros: Shopping and restaurants are within easy walking distance and include a wide variety of favorites. The hotel is very clean and our room on the 8th floor was quiet and comfortable. We appreciated the fresh apples and bottled water in our room on arrival as well as the complimentary cocktails. Didn't try the breakfast offered. Enjoyed the engineered wooden floors in our room. Cons: Small unheated pool was more of a landscape feature than a functional pool...unusable in November and disappointed my son. Bathrooms have great walk in showers but are sparsely furnished with towels and extras. No hotel news stand that I could find and no newspaper delivery to rooms.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms may cost more but face the "green area" and plaza. Odd numbered rooms...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BizM0m
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

I went online and saw the pics and the place looks just like the pics, BEAUTIFUL! So before going to our room went ate at Yard House which the food was mouth watery good! After a midnight meal and drinks we walk to the hotel room. This place is new and very upscale. My date had the chocolate covered strawberries and champigan. Honestly the chocolate was no govida but it was nice and the champigan was not something i would have picked out but the thought was really good. lol...We stayed in 802 which over looks the court yard great view...I give it 5 stars and i would love to go back

Room Tip: get somethign that over looks the court yard we stayed in 802
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple