“Best place in town...”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #10 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I travel to Houston quite often and ever since reading about Sorella in Conde Nast I decided to try it out. The location is convenient and great, with lots to do, but more importantly it feels like a retreat whenever I'm there. The staff is fantastic, rooms are beyond luxurious and comfortable. Makes you not want to go to work on your business trip.

Highly recommended. Great restaurant too!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We loved every minute of our stay at Hotel Sorella. From the amazing room view, to taking the kids to the Studio Movie Grill. Once we parked our car we didn't leave City Centre area. There are plenty of things to do within walking distance. The restaurant at Hotel Sorella, Bistro Alex, is amazing, I recommend the Chicken and Waffles or the steak for Brunch! Great place to to have a romantic weekend or a girls weekend, as well. When in Houston we stay at Hotel Sorella!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing at Hotel Sorella. We loved the view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This review is for my stay on 2/3/2012. I decided to book a weekend getaway for my fiancé and I. I booked the "Ti Amo" package in a room which features a room with views of Citycentre plaza and downtown Houston. The package includes room, a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, breakfast for 2 at Alex Bistro, and complementary valet parking. Normally I have been let down in the past with other establishments as they do not follow the package. I have found myself calling the front desk asking where my stuff is.. but I am excited to report that everything went SMOOTHLY at hotel Sorella! I have to say the most difficult thing I had to do was find the place. It is tricky to find the main entrance. After finding the front entrance, I proceeded to use the valet parking service. No problems there. I was directed to the side elevator which takes you to the 2nd floor where the lobby is located. There were 3 other people being helped but I did not wait long at all. Upon checking in, they gave my the keys etc.. and presented an envelope with my voucher for the free breakfast for 2 at Alex Bistro. That was easy! I went to my suite on the 9th floor and was very pleased with the room. It was big and clean and very comfortable. It had a great view as well. Just as described on the hotels' website. I was very surprised at the level of cleanliness.. no hairs, dust, or wrappers. It was spotless! About 30 minutes after checking in, the champagne and strawberries arrived! Again I was pleased that they actually followed through on everything I was expecting without me having to "remind" them. Later in the evening after returning from a movie at Studio Movie Grill, I had a welcome card with a bottle of red wine and 2 glasses waiting for us!!! That was unexpected but very welcomed!!! We really enjoyed it! This morning we woke up excited to have breakfast at Alex Bistro. We got there around 9:30 and it was not very busy. We got seated immediately and our waiter was very friendly. I asked if there was a value/limit for our voucher and he said no, just as long as you don’t order 7 courses! So basically order as you normally would. :) The coffee was great and food was good too. We gave him our voucher, tipped, and left. Easy process! I am giving Hotel Sorella a perfect 5 stars because everything was perfect! No complaints on the room, the cleanliness, and the staff was great! Always courteous and greet you by last name. I would highly recommend staying here whether for business or pleasure. There are plenty of restaurants and entertainment nearby and you will feel well taken care of. (p.s. i'm giving them an excellent on location because of the proximity to restaurants and bars...not by where the front door is lol)

Room Tip: Rooms with the courtyard view are quiet. Try to book a room that states view of downtown houston and...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katgoddess70
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Overall, this is a really nice hotel. Great service. Quiet. The rooms are very trendy but comfortable. The only reason I did not give it five stars was due to cleanliness. Nothing horrible, but there were a couple of hairs on the floor of the bathroom when I arrived. Most people probably think that is picky, but being a clean freak, those kind of things gross me out. Many folks from my employer stay here and all seem to like it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Driver8843, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for the great feedback, I am concerned about the issue you reported in relation to cleanliness. If you could please email me at rgullion@valenciagroup.com so that I may follow up with your concern.

Thank you.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

The reason I gave this hotel "4" stars is because of the difficulty in locating the property. GPS, Google, Mapquest...nothing worked to direct us to the hotel. After a long day of travel it was very frustrating to drive around in circles looking for the place. There is little to indicate where the hotel is. Apparently nearby construction disallows any signage? At any rate, we had to phone the property for assistance. The person who helped navigate us in was amazing! Stayed on the phone with us until we arrived at the valet stand. This boutique hotel is in the "center" of the new Citycenter shopping area, an open air shopping and dining concept where the old Town and Country Mall used to be in Houston (I-10 and the outer loop - Sam Houston Prkwy 8). Lots of great restaurants, shopping. Wonderful weekend getaway. Lots of action. Lots of young people partying. A truly happening place. The hotel is very hip. It was strange that none of our friends in the Houston area had ever heard of the place. I would advise the management do a bit more PR. Get the word out!

Room Tip: If you want something more quiet ask for a room that does not face the center square area where most...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel in January. Rooms are quite plain but clean and tidy. The area is being redeveloped and will be nice when it's complete. The Yard House pub is lively and serves about 50 different draft beers. The food is also great at the Yard House and the Bistro Alex.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Super comfortable rooms, modern but elegant decor and very good location. Just walk outside and a slew of great restaurants and shops are within minutes of walking distance. Front desk staff are welcoming and helpful.

Direction to the place is a bit tricky

Room Tip: A GPS will be needed to find the place otherwise, print the directions.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business