“Completely uninspired, zero personality” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #3 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Completely uninspired, zero personality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here for New Year's Eve because I wanted to be able to celebrate somewhere within walking distance of the hotel. From now on I will just hire a car service. The most lifeless lobby was followed up by the most drab "suite" that I have ever seen. The valets were unprofessional and even rude and although the front desk people were polite, getting anything done at the hotel was next to impossible. I would not stay there for free if they offered, and that is no joke, I truly wouldn't. Note to management: put some paintings up, maybe a mirror or two. Give your hotel some life. Train your people from the ground up to treat the guests with respect and courtesy, not as if they are doing a favor every time something is asked of them.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ryan_F100
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Ouch! Sometimes feedback is painful to read, and such is the case here.

Everyone that works with me at this hotel takes great pride in the hotel, taking care of our guests, and doing our work well. We are all very sorry we missed the mark during your stay and will work as a team to improve. We hope you give us another chance, we think we have a great personality!

Thank you.

Ryan Gullion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Clean, contemporary decor. I particularly appreciate the healthy breakfast options. Prices are hefty for a quasi-suburban location with surrounding construction, even being adjacent to bars & restaurants. For the price you might stay uptown for the same restaurant/shopping convenience and enjoy a sharper level of service. We did not have service problems, except for one. Our shower ran short of hot water after 3 minutes. The desk responded with the generic "engineer will look into it", when it was obvious in her face that was not the first time she heard this problem. There was no correction, and no compensation offered for the daily chill. It is not that the problem ruined our entire stay, but quite honestly running out of hot water is not expected for a hotel of that price range, and I would have expected a genuine if not effective response. Perhaps they were waiting on me to complain each of the 5 days I was there, or make some grand compensation demand, but I prefer to minimize unpleasant conversations during my vacation. So all in all, it is a nice hotel, but I believe the service is not sharp and I think they began pricing themselves in a category in which they will not compete well.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmorri
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will be sure to look further into the issues you mentioned and look forward to your return.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Let me first say if you are reading this review, you must want to stay on the west side of Houston. If you don't want to stay on the west side, or not sure what that means, I a native and ill tell you. West side of Houston is mostly comprised of neighborhoods and few Businesses located off of Beltway 8 and I-10 freeways. If your place of business is in this area, this is the best hotel to stay with. Mainly thses reasons
-Rooms are a size, well updated and very clean, wifi I think is free.
- this is located in the best area for variety of restaurants you can walk to. And with traffic in Houston being what it's is, this is a Huge plus. You can find anything from wine bars, sports bars, high end steak or seafood restaurants, or small cafe with salads and sandwiches. All is represented here at Town and Country Center.
-plenty of Garage parking.
-movie theater is also in town and county center and you can access from the garage or walkway outside.
-if you are missing a tie or need some shoes? Yes there is ample shopping here too. Also missing your toothbrush? There is a Walgreens within walking distance too.

I was here for 2 weeks while my husband was at a conference in the hotel as well meetings in Houston. If I ever need to stay on the Westside, this is my hotel of choice!

Room Tip: Try asking for a room not on the freeway side, you get a better view of Houston on the opposite side...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Southernqt72
New York, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Hotel Sorella is a new contemporary hotel in a modern shopping center that has the feel of a European village, with cobblestone streets and many varied restaurants and stores. Nearby, there is a spectacular gym facility that is available to hotel guests. The hotel attracts a young clientele.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed here previously but just wanted to state again how much I like the property, great rooms, friendly staff and fantastic location at City Centre - within walking distance of many great shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sjr_1972
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are ecstatic that you feel that way about us! Please come back and see us soon.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Rooms were fine, spacious and clean. Had to wait for quite a while for cooked breakfast the first morning so decided to have the continental for the rest of the stay, which is included. Had a friend over for coffee, we gave up after waiting 20 mins and nothing turned up!
Pool was closed and the "gym" very small. The area where the hotel is situated is very nice, many restaurants close by. We were there during the NBA all-star weekend so the room rates were quite high and not really worth it. Our friends found it difficult to find us by car so agree with previous person, better directions needed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sussi13
Thank you so much for your feedback. I have shared it with our team and we are all working, every day, to improve. We do hope you give us another chance when your travels bring you to Houston. Feel free to let me know if you do so I can make sure you have a great stay.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Upon doing my research for a great place to stay in Houston this establishment was getting great reviews not only online but also by friends. We decided to stay here for my birthday weekend in mid October without our children. Upon finding the valet area we were greeted by a valet attendant who was fast and friendly. Once we got arrived to the floor to check-in, the front desk attendant was short with us and seemed more concerned with getting payment than welcoming us to the hotel. Please understand I have stayed in many 5 star hotels from The Ritz Carlton to Mandarin Oriental, also some 4 star hotels and received a better welcome then I did here. After getting pushed through payment, them giving us our key, we headed to our room. The walk to the room was a little dark but I will say the room was impeccable. Everything was well appointed and the bed was amazing. The construction right outside our window was less than desirable and I wondered why we weren't given a different room that was not facing that eye sore or noise after we requested one. There were a few more times we encountered hotel staff but none of them greeted us nor did they seem interested in us being at their hotel. I value great customer service and it goes a long way with me. The price we paid for the room was way over priced for the service we received and the construction we had to deal with outside our window.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from construction.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TxTravelingTeacher1
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are excited the construction across the street is proceeding quickly with little or no impact upon our guests.

We also know once this is completed, it will create a very vibrant environment for our guests.

I have shared your check in experience with the appropriate individuals and appreciate you sharing this observation with us. We look forward to your return.