“Another Great Stay at Sorella”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #8 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 7 June 2013

After my family and I visited the Hotel Sorella over a year ago and had such a wonderful stay, I decided to stay there again on my business trip. I was given a room with 2 beds and it had a lot of walking around room, which is unusual for a double room. The continental breakfast served every morning is like a deluxe continental breakfast. The pastries are huge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stopped at the front desk one morning on my way to an appointment to get some change for the tolls, but the young lady only had a few dollars in quarter's, so Juan the Operations Manager offered to go get me some change. Thank you Juan!

1  Thank Ron N

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed here last night on the 7th floor in the Deluxe room. We wanted a quick get away from the norm. It was my husband, myself and a toddler.
First off, the room and the hotel are modern and beautiful.
Second, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Especially the ladies working in the breakfast area. They really hustled and were great at being friendly and attentive despite being extremely busy.
Third, someone mentioned they kept hitting their leg on the bed, I did too! I hit my leg twice on the protruding corner of the bed. My husband didnt seem to do it but if you stay at this hotel, watch the corners of the bed! I'll definetly have a couple of bruises on my legs.
Fouth, We stayed over a Saturday night and abut midnight you could hear a DJ, loud music, and people screaming and partying below us. My husband said he could hear Beyonce, etc. lol. I was soo tired that I was able to sleep through it and it didnt bother me too much, but for my husband it was too loud and he laid there in bed listening to the party below us.
Fifth, The breakfast was a lovely continental breakfast. It was fresh, upscale and they did a wonderful job, but there was no where for us to sit. We spent about 10 minutes waiting for someone to get up and people were standing by tables waiting for other people to leave. We came down at about 9:30 so I'm not sure if it was the timing or they just needed a few extra tables. That was a little tough and kind of a damper on the beautiful breakfast they had for us. On a positive note, my hubby loved the cappucino.

Overall, we loved the place and will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here during a week long business trip May 2013. The standard double room is very spacious with very comfortable bed and pillows. A continental breakfast is provided, consisting of fresh fruit, cereal, tea, coffee and pastries.
The City Centre area has a very good range of restaurants to cater for all tastes and seems popular with the locals.
I would be more than happy to stay there again

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Travelling without car in Houston I was apprehensive about going to a City Centre hotel
Fear not

The Sorella City Centre is actually not in the main city but near Interstate 10 in a delightful pedestrian area with lots of shops,bars cinemas restraraunts apartments & multi level parking for those with cars. Valet parking at hotel
Reception is up on the first floor.Take elevator from street level The hotel is a very modern style. Rooms superb and lovely ambience.Free continental breakfast served.

Just moments to restaraunts and bars outside. Lovely area.

Go !

1  Thank buckfast39
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had a recent 4 day stay at the Hotel Sorella. The hotel itself was beautiful. My room was great. A real modern appeal. The room service food was really good but they forgot to bring silverware and the pitcher of water I ordered. The hot water in my shower ran luke warm. My biggest complaint is that CityCentre is congested, noisy and extremely busy. I was so very tired after the long days working and I was kept awake with the music / band playing out on the plaza. Now had I been here on a personal trip; this would have been no problem at all. I definately will stay here again when I am in town for personal reasons. But as a business traveler, I will go back to my preferred hotel in the Galleria area.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more tranquil environment, CityCentre is not it. Ask for a room that is not...
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I recently stayed at Sorella Hotel in Houston for 4 nights. Its a busy hotel and my agent was only able to get me a twin queen room despite booking a month in advance. The beds have a wooden frame around them which I constantly banged my shins against. The beds themselves are OK but rather soft. Hotel was quiet - I stayed on 8th Floor. Room has an ipod type dock which is handy and a flat screen TV. No bath but a decent shower. Toiletries were also reasonable, but no shower gel, only soap bars. These may be minor niggles but left a "not quite there" impression as far as a 5* review would merit.
Breakfast was self servcie and included in room rate. Lots of fresh fruit and pastries with cereals and yoghurts, plus coffee.
Location is great - near the I10 with lots of nearby shops and restaurants and even a cinema. The Yardhouse was a favourite of mine - lost count of how many beers on tap - I think about 100 !
In conclusion its certainly one of the best hotels in houston and the price reflects this. A couple of small impreovements and it would be a 5*

Room Tip: I was on 8th floor - very quiet
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The standard room was very nice, modern and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the amenities very nice. Even though the hotel was full the weekend we stayed there, our room was quiet and relaxing. It was in a great area and everyone there was courteous and professional. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family